Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: July Low-Content Thread

aaaarghhh, I played a kickass tourney, but luck wasn't on my side

we started with 500 in chips, I got to ~1100 after I doubled through someone with K6 vs his 54, a little later this dude open pushed for ~1000 in EP with 75, another dude called ai for ~1000 with p10 and I called with PQ, 7 and 5 on flop ftw, that sucked balls

lost 2 more big pots with multiway ai's pre flop where I didn't have the best starting hand, but managed to double up one more time before the break where I had my opponent dominated

after the break I was very very active bc I knew the blinds would get crazy out of control, got placed at a new table with very weak passive players and bluffed my way through to build a big stack with which I got even more aggressive, stealing and restealing, not seeing any showdowns, bluffing everybody out

when somebody finally came over the top I actually had a good hand: p8, which didn't hold up against KQs, I tried to steal some more, tried to isolate a short stacker with AJ who went ai, but somebody behind me woke up with kings to which I lost, now my stack was crippled and I had to call from the blinds with good odds against a possible steal to have a chance for the win, was up against p10, which obv was no match against the power of my 76s, flopped an oesfd which hit home on the river

made it to the final table and the money with an average stack, stole the blinds in the first hand with nothing, then a short stack went all in and I pushed with AK, he showed K10 and rivered a flush

my stack was crippled and I went ai with p5 after evervybody folded to me, bb called with pJ, we both hit a set and I was out in 9th place

I was very disappointed afterwards, bc I was convinced I was going to win the tourney, but I played some sweet tourney pkr regardless

made a few bucks in the cash game afterwards as well
Old 07-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Called down successfully two times with K high tonight and had someone bluff me when they had the best hand twice with me thinking that they were bluffing with the best hand and me being smart enough to fold but not even smarter enough to raise.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:30 AM

Default CAZbeer

CAZ regulars. I am going to be in Phoenix for an interview on Monday. This means I will probably be at CAZ from roughly noon-8 on Saturday and preety much all day Sunday. Feel free to say hi, a reasonable amount of beer is on me.

I'll be easy to spot. I'm a tall white kid with brown hair.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: CAZbeer

[ QUOTE ]
CAZ regulars. I am going to be in Phoenix for an interview on Monday. This means I will probably be at CAZ from roughly noon-8 on Saturday and preety much all day Sunday. Feel free to say hi, a reasonable amount of beer is on me.

I'll be easy to spot. I'm a tall white kid with brown hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be there Sunday in the 20 wearing a Bellagio cap. Feel free to come over and say hi unless I don't have a mountain of chips in which case I might bite. j/k, of course! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I really like meeting people from here.

ps. Plz, no reporting back that Howard (not my real name) is older than your father, tyvm.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:47 AM

My father is a million years old. I'm Chirs, I'll likely be wearing a bright yellow shirt and screaming about the 7 of diamonds. I'll be in the 20 as well.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:49 AM

Uber loose-passive 20. I limp UTG w/ 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 orbits earlier I'd limped w/ AA and dodged all the bullets).

7 see a flop of:

A-7-6r (1[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) I check, EP bets, everybody calls, I raise, everybody calls.

Turn:

3, no flush possible and la de da de da..........

After raking in the big pot I get told off for having c/r w/ nothing. la de da de da........
Old 07-14-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uber loose-passive 20. I limp UTG w/ 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 orbits earlier I'd limped w/ AA and dodged all the bullets).

7 see a flop of:

A-7-6r (1[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) I check, EP bets, everybody calls, I raise, everybody calls.

Turn:

3, no flush possible and la de da de da..........

After raking in the big pot I get told off for having c/r w/ nothing. la de da de da........

[/ QUOTE ]

HB--

Isn't it nice when good plays are also good image plays?

--Nate
Old 07-14-2007, 07:17 AM

Yay, back to normal breakeven poker for me. After two solid wins I managed to send 5k of my dollars to Valhalla tonight in the best 40 I've played in quite some time. Must move game was Dr Jose and some completely plastered guy on my direct right. Main game was a better game but my seat not as fantastic with Dr Jose on my right again but loud Sean and some 100% tard a few to my left. I believe I won 2 showdowns all night while picking up a few tiny pots here and there. Took this lovely one from Jose in the must move:

Drunk raises, Jose 3bets, I cap KK on button. Jose and I are the only 2 at the table with Overs.

Flop KJ6r
They both c/c

Turn 8 offsuit
Check to me only Jose calls

River 5
Jose c/r and it's overs, I really want to 3bet because having a straight here would be just wrong but I feel like he has a straight from how confident he appears. I get shown 74 sooted. Splendid.

I actually flopped quite a few very strong hands, but they ended up a lot like this every time. Nights like this are why I don't really want to play the 1/2 at Commerce that much, I really just do not want to take any 10k losses which can happen so easily. 3k I could care less about, but 5+ is when it starts to get a little frustrating.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:12 AM

Fun hand from Commerce 20:

I open KK in the hijack, button 3-bets, SB (ultra-loose LAG lady) cold-calls, I cap, both call.

Flop 933. Checked to me, I bet, button raises, SB cold-calls, I 3-bet, button caps, SB cold-calls.

Turn 9. Checked to me, I bet, button calls, SB calls.

River 4. SB donks, I call, button calls.

SB has 44. I go on crazy monkey tilt. The button (he had JJ) makes fun of her later on in the session by showing her pocket 4s whenever he has them and folds.

Her explanation for staying in to the river despite all the action: "After I'd put in $160 before the flop and on the flop, you think I'm gonna let it go?"

L... O... L.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:42 AM

Hi all,

I'm going to take a trip to LA to check out Commerce and get away from NYC for a 3-day weekend in early August. Can anyone recommend a hotel that's walking distance? I don't have/won't be renting a car, and while I have some friends there I'll be seeing, I definitely don't want a chauffer!

Hope I get to meet a bunch of you.

Gabe
Closed Thread