Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Cheating in Online Poker

[ QUOTE ]
um why would Justin (Schwartz) be jealous of Matt in any way relating to poker? Justin's better and he's made more money...

[/ QUOTE ]
Has he though? Minus backing minus degen gambling? This is an honest question.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
um why would Justin (Schwartz) be jealous of Matt in any way relating to poker? Justin's better and he's made more money...

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he's made more but he doesn't and never had more or at any time an amount equal to what matt does. Stealth is better player but who cares that's what matters least when comparing the past/current. And ignoring future earning expectations.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:06 AM

I'm sorry, but for almost everyone posting in this thread, you really know nothing. You don't know anything about me or the cheating situation in online poker.

It really is funny to read the rumors about me having two accounts ranked, being deep in the Sunday Million every week, and all that. I don't even play every week anymore, let alone multi-account.

To say I am the "shadiest person in online poker" actually made me laugh. Most of you have never talked to me, and have only heard stories about me from a friends that knows a friend, etc.

To comment on the situation, multi-accounting is embedded in online poker. The sites have no modern means of stopping it, so nothing can really be done. There will always be ways around it, always. If people really want to multi-account tournaments, they will find a way to do it.

There is no need for a witch hunt. Everyone has done it before, and people are still doing it all the time. Some people that have commented in this thread against it do it/have done it. It's the nature of the beast.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:10 AM

Old 07-27-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone has done it before, and people are still doing it all the time. Some people that have commented in this thread against it do it/have done it. It's the nature of the beast.

[/ QUOTE ]
I havent done it.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone has done it before, and people are still doing it all the time. Some people that have commented in this thread against it do it/have done it. It's the nature of the beast.

[/ QUOTE ]
I havent done it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I havent done it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If that is the case, [...] then Congress should just outright ban online poker completely until a method can be set up to ensure the legitimacy of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look this is getting ridiculous enough. This quote above is an outrage. I know you will probably say I quoted out of context, but this is really the gist of what you say. Poker is not a game about anything except money. That's the facts.

Want more facts? I agree with everyone JJProdigy has said in this thread. I am not in the tournament scene but I have heard from a couple sources that regularly play high buyins that he does stake about 10 people (I know of some names), and those people ship him tons of money. And yes he probably does help during huge final tables, that is in the rules but honestly it doesn't even [censored] matter. JJP is rich as hell and is always going to ship it. And no I am not staked by him. I don't even play high buyin tournaments regularly. But from what I understand, most of the people that play high buyin tournaments already know all the [censored] that goes on with JJP. The tournament scene is not that big. And you know what? I'm tired of everyone complaining about "oh, someone go out a name already" as if that will solve anything. And the truth is, I don't have any actual facts on anyone. But I know over half the people posting here do have the facts, atleast on the fact that JJP backs a handful of people. And you know what, I don't give a [censored] if no one says anything. If I were JJP or any one of those people that are making 7 figures a year, I would do the same thing. [censored], I'd [censored] rob people for 7 figures a year if noone knew (which it can be argued they already do in a way.) I'm just not smart enough to do it.

And finally, the problem of multiaccounting is very isolated. The reason is, only very very good players have any desire to multiaccount. That is the facts. We know that because of the rake, the average roi is negative a few points. To have sick ROI's that make maccounting and idiot-staking profitable, and by the nature of the fact that only so many people can have sick ROI's because the ROI's must add up to an average of -9% or so, less than the top 1% would be motivated financially to multi-account. Of the people that do it, very few if none. Basically, of this small community we have of big MTT winners that we all know by name, the multi-accounters are all here (some don't post here, and some do lesser cheating that is in the rules like idiot staking which is equivalent (for example, someone will happily play poker for you through AIM for $10/hr.) ) and so many friends are not willing to mention it because nothing will change anyways (practice is legal, and unenforcable if illegal), and it hurts their friends.

So the cliff notes:

1) Online poker will always be the same
2) I stand behind JJProdigy and agree with everything he has said. That being said, everyone here (I am outside the loop and I knew), or atleast half of the big MTT'ers here, knew that JJProdigy stakes like 10 people.
3) Multiaccounting is isolated, firstly in the nature that only a very small percentage will ever have any financial motivation to multiaccount, secondly that many refrain for ethical concerns, and lastly that the good players are known by name, and many of them participate in idiot-staking, which is legal but equivalent to maccounting less fees, but friends dont want to rat out because nothing will happen regardless of the legality of unenforcable rules, and they don't want to hurt their friends in vain.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, but for almost everyone posting in this thread, you really know nothing. You don't know anything about me or the cheating situation in online poker.

It really is funny to read the rumors about me having two accounts ranked, being deep in the Sunday Million every week, and all that. I don't even play every week anymore, let alone multi-account.

To say I am the "shadiest person in online poker" actually made me laugh. Most of you have never talked to me, and have only heard stories about me from a friends that knows a friend, etc.

To comment on the situation, multi-accounting is embedded in online poker. The sites have no modern means of stopping it, so nothing can really be done. There will always be ways around it, always. If people really want to multi-account tournaments, they will find a way to do it.

There is no need for a witch hunt. Everyone has done it before, and people are still doing it all the time. Some people that have commented in this thread against it do it/have done it. It's the nature of the beast.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2007, 03:53 AM

JJ what name do you play under? since we all know nothing; then feel free to enlighten us.