Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: September Low-Content Thread

Yeah when you play 9832073197509134750893653095413 more hours than everyone else it means you get the opportunity to lose more than everyone else.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:37 PM

PJ,

The second situation you describe is v. different from the first, in that you do not have the nuts. On the latter hand I might three-bet but would not be very happy about getting four-bet. In the first one, [censored] it; make him stop raising. Like most of you, I've had too many hands where I stopped putting in action with the nuts in an 'obvious' split pot only to get the whole thing.

I had a hand last year where I capped the turn with Ax on a 6666 board and just called a raise on the river because 'he's got an ace and we're wasting everyone's time.' Sure enough the guy rolls JTo or something. Now I'll put my whole rack in with an ace on a KQJTr board, to hell with other people's time. Never stop raising with the nuts.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never stop raising with the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, f'em. I never stop raising if I got the nuts. Agree that situation 2 is totally different, no reason to go 3 bets.

I may be wasting 8 people's time, but if there's a 1/120 chance the other guy is retarded, that's one extra BB per hour, damnit! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(Assumes it takes 30 sec. to re-raise a guy, obviously it takes less than that!).

Now if you're hollywooding while deciding whether to re-raise, you deserve to be dragged outside and kicked in the nuts.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:51 PM

Just got back from a fantastic game that was really fun to play in. Some highlights:

-I won a 22 big bet pot with T5o on a T4437 board. Sad thing is I actually should have won about a bet and a half more but I misplayed my hand.

-Guy in the game who is driving the action is filthy rich. At one point he pulls out his American Express Black Card and uses it as his chip protector. At another point he pulls out $100k in cash from a money holder in his pants and puts it on the table. His body guard is very large so I quickly stop thinking of grabbing a brick and making a run for it.

-At one point some guy gets in a pot against our maniac, and on the river the board is T54A4. Maniac bets and 3bets and other guy calls with 55. In my estimation 55 guy left about $500 on the table with this awful play. Maniac just would raise and raise and raise with no matter what he had on any given hand. This hand he had 22.

-HU 13 bets go in on an A55 board, and AQ is good.

-9 bets go in preflop HU, and KT beats AK.

-Asian guy and maniac go 7 bets on the river on a 843J9 no flush board. J9 beats KJ. They would have gone more bets but maniac accidentally did a string raise on the last bet so it turned out to be just a call.

Somehow I managed to pull a $900 profit out of this game after being stuck 2 racks early. I never got the chance to put in like 15 bets on the river against the guy, which was all the more frustrating because everyone else was getting in good situations for it to happen but then wimping out after like 4 bets only to be shown ten high, and I'd see the showdown and decide I would have won all the monies if I had been the guy with the winning hand.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At one point he pulls out his American Express Black Card and uses it as his chip protector

[/ QUOTE ]
so awesome.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:08 PM

Justin, so jealous, this sounds like the most fun ever, a money holder that holds 100k sounds awesome but I can't picture it.

HOWMANY, let's play a Crazy Mike game tonight?

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-19-2007, 04:17 PM

I recently netted 10 BBs on the river in Bellagio's 15-30 game. I peeled a A93r hand with 64s (no bd flush draw) while declaring "how fun is runner runner going to be here." 2 on turn 5 on river.

Aggressor all the way refused to fold his top two and Goofball thought his 44 was good for half the pot. Ahahahahahahaha. I love drunken poker.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Justin, so jealous, this sounds like the most fun ever, a money holder that holds 100k sounds awesome but I can't picture it.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't actually see the holder, just saw the cash when he clunked it on the table.

His bodyguard's name is Coco.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:29 PM

Well the Commerce has been fantastic lately because of the tournament. Yesterday my table was beyond good though. My play wasn't too strong, but I managed to win $1600. The craziest hand i have seen at the 40 went like this:

Preflop:
6 Players gets CAPPED to the flop

Flop:
Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Only 4 players; gets capped.

Turn:
5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
4 players recapped

River:
Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
One player is all in only 7 chips go in [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (2 players call)

Crazy LAG Villian that pushed the action, actually had KK for the best hand till river

Semi-solid Regular had Q

Loose Passive allin had good ole K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and scoops the 3 Rack pot

-Oh and the article was published about me in the school newspaper. I'll post it once i scan it in.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Crazy Mike went somewhere today and is gonna be there a few days. Jamie is also wrapped up until Friday at least I believe. And then I'm bustoish/don't really want to play 75/don't want to play shorthanded. And I've been awake since about 10am yesterday because I had to take care of a car thing in the morning and just got back from doing something in Temecula so I'm finally gonna get a chance to battle my weakness of sleepy.

I'll try to start a 75 at Ocean's later today or at least tomorrow though. As soon as I lose my obligatory 2 racks I'll probably just quit and let you win all the money instead of sticking around to see if I can lose 15k and break my high score of most dollars lost that I set a couple days ago.
Closed Thread