Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Does he have a prayer?
[carebears] yes! 14 73.68%
Awww [carebears] no! 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Ask a black dude(urban america edition)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do you find it offensive when one black dude refers to another black dude as the N-word? Is there really a difference between niggah and the correct spelling of the n-word?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, if another black dude says the N word ending in "er" there is a definite problem, but niggah is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain to me why. I have never understood this.

[/ QUOTE ]

My question was ignored. Please respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

it wasnt ignored i answered:

"I have no idea, its just understood that there is a difference and using the "er" is asking for trouble"

i dont know all the reasons they are different but it is widely known and accepted that they are that that "er" is leagues worse and unacceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

N***er is a term of abuse used by whites to put down blacks.

Niggah is a term of comradery, respect and, dare I say, affection which is given extra cache by refashioning the former term of abuse into an expression of solidarity. If no one would call you n***er then you can never use niggah with the spirit of those who might be called the other.

<caveat>white dude</caveat>
Old 06-21-2007, 04:19 PM

Do a lot of black folks think white folks smell like wet dogs?
Old 06-21-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do a lot of black folks [/b]notice that white men[b] smell like wet dogs?

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP. LOL.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you believe affirmative action is a form of racism? Why or Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]
The point of AA is that when faced with 2 equally qualified candidates, you choose a minority. I have no problem with this in theory. However, candidates are usually not equally qualified. Often, even if only due to law of numbers, you'll find "better qualified" white candidates than blacks. They went to better schools, got better scores, better grades, etc. Much of this is no super relevent in the real world. Often, I feel that if blacks were give equal opportunity early on, AA shouldn't exist. However, I think many opponents fail to acknowledge, that it's much harder for a black person to even get to the point where they can apply and compete for "white" jobs. I actually don't think 2 equally qualified candidates on paper are the same if one is black. I'd usually assume that a black person had to work harder for it, thus is MORE qualified.

AA is prevalent where I work (Wall St). However, this is necessary to break the institutionalized old boys/jewish club. I think anyone who doesn't fit that mold should get a little bump.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, there was a time when Jews were excluded from "respectable" Wall Street firms. Hence, Goldman Sachs et al.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:34 PM

Thanks, holyfield. Interesting thread especially on the meta-level: why are these the questions people have?

Anyhow, is there one piece of information or knowledge, one attitude or experience that you would like to see pre-installed in us white folk vis-a-vis blacks?

Are you an atlien?

Cheers.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:34 PM

I'm at work and only had time to read page one.

Do you use alot of hand lotion?
Do you like things that are highly scented?

Any reason behind this besides just smelling things?

Do you feel like more white people (EricW) are gay compared to black people?

Is there anything you do that is a more "white" activity?

How often do you feel that you are at a disadvantage as a black person? Do you feel that other races have it the hardest or do blacks?

Great thread so far.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you believe affirmative action is a form of racism? Why or Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]
The point of AA is that when faced with 2 equally qualified candidates, you choose a minority. I have no problem with this in theory. However, candidates are usually not equally qualified. Often, even if only due to law of numbers, you'll find "better qualified" white candidates than blacks. They went to better schools, got better scores, better grades, etc. Much of this is no super relevent in the real world. Often, I feel that if blacks were give equal opportunity early on, AA shouldn't exist. However, I think many opponents fail to acknowledge, that it's much harder for a black person to even get to the point where they can apply and compete for "white" jobs. I actually don't think 2 equally qualified candidates on paper are the same if one is black. I'd usually assume that a black person had to work harder for it, thus is MORE qualified.

AA is prevalent where I work (Wall St). However, this is necessary to break the institutionalized old boys/jewish club. I think anyone who doesn't fit that mold should get a little bump.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is affirmative action a form of racism?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it interesting how quickly the white guys get all emo about discrimination when they might be the targets. If men got pregnant, I don't suppose we'd have the abortion bs we have now, either.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2pac or Biggie?

50 or Game?

Dre or Eazy?

Nas or Jay?

Also,

favourite beer? liq?

Whats the chance I could walk through a black neighbour hood and not get mugged, assuming its a ghetto?

Ever did time in jail? Plan to?

Sidenote, so much better then Suits thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] +1 for bbbv4lyfe [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

biggie
dre
jay

[/ QUOTE ]

G-G-G-G-G-G-GGGGG-U<font color="red">NOT</font>
Old 06-21-2007, 04:42 PM

I liked this thread at first but people are asking some really stupid questions now.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Of course, there was a time when Jews were excluded from "respectable" Wall Street firms. Hence, Goldman Sachs et al.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't answer the first question. AA is racist but fair. I don't think racisim should always have a negative connotation. Now prejudice is another story.

Also, Hoi Polloi IF you are suggesting that instead of AA blacks just start their own firms:
-blacks are
-blacks face a more entrenched market with higher entry barriers than in 1910
-blacks are less unified for many reason(one being that we don't have an EXCLUSIONARY religion that indoctrinates us with the notion that we are God's chosen people. Our historical indoctrination as slaves told us quite the opposite. FWIW, I'm no respector of any religion)
-we have less financial resources/education now then jews did then (adjusted for monetary and "educational" inflation)
-we can't hide our ethnicity