Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

so i think im going to stop playing between the hours of 12AM and 4AM. seems the last few days at 10NL i lose 2-3BI during the early AM, go to bed, wake up, open 6 tables and own for 600 hands to come out like $2 ahead for the day. strangest thing.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:40 PM

Up 5BI's today, and all I can do is sit here fuming that it's not 7BI's becuase of a retarded moron madsoifhS;OEFH;kshbsdbG totally misplaying his set.

He misplayed it preflop, he misplayed it on flop and he misplayed it TWICE on turn by betting and then by calling the crai. That's 4 decisions wrong out of 4 and he still he gets there! Sonovabeetch idiot bastard monkey.

I am trying to tell myself over and over and over again: I ONLY WIN THAT HAND 80% OF THE TIME...I HAVE TO LOSE IT 20% OF THE TIME!!! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO LOSE ONE TIME OUT OF FIVE WHICH IS ACTUALLY PRETTY DAMNED REGULARLY!! GET A GRIP YOU MORON!! But I'm not listening to myself.

Up 5BI's and still moaning. Unvelievable. Poker is teh bullshheeet.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:43 PM

Dude if yer 5 BI up and bitching about not being 7 BI up, you gotta work on that distancing your emotions from results thing.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:44 PM

chomp how many hands do u have at 50nl? or have you moved up to 100
Old 09-17-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chomp how many hands do u have at 50nl? or have you moved up to 100

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously mate, soooooo many it's embarrassing. Constant cash-out issues are the ruin of me.

Plus, I have to say, I still have a fair few occasions every day where I don't know my basic equity calcs, or can't assign a range, or I make a stupid mistake, or I try a stupid bloody bluff in totally the wrong spot, or I fail to shove out of timidity at the obvious moment...and honestly, I don't see a lot of point in moving up full time if I still haven't overcome these very, very basic mistakes/shortcomings.

I'm fine with weekly shots till I feel I understand this game in my bones. Which I don't.

And sorry for the moan, I meant to put it in BBV.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:26 PM

i was always a proponent of moaning here just NO DAMN HHS AHHHHHHHH
Old 09-17-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
what do you guys do for motivation to put the hands in.

I play almost everyday and I get in about 1k hands. Now the thing is that I 9 table...so this is barely over an hour of play.

I want to put in more time but I am just lacking the motivation to play longer sessions. Do any of you have any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had similar problems, but now I've got some more time .
It's a trade off between having a target which makes you get there and not playing in crap games just to get your hand count up. I suggest choosing a weekend and setting say a 4k target[attainable and achievable] over this period or a week.

Having a reasonable goal over a shortish period you'll often be tempted to bank more hands early and feel ahead and may get more in. Then when you hit it even if the $$$ aren't so good cuz of variance you still feel +ve which as we all now confidence is +ev.

Also read snowbanks SSNL well I asked him this question AFAIR.

Oh and have some days off - don;t get burnout feel like you want to play

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, setting goals is definitely good. i also agree with making sure you don't burn out. some months i'll play 100,000 hands. other months i'll just travel/party or whatever and not play a ton of hands. i think that helps to make sure i don't burn out. also, winning obviously helps. if i'm winning, i tend to want to play a lot more than if i'm losing. so make sure you are playing well and winning.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Up 5BI's today, and all I can do is sit here fuming that it's not 7BI's becuase of a retarded moron madsoifhS;OEFH;kshbsdbG totally misplaying his set.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you would rather have him play all his sets perfectly against you?

God people, if you decide to complain, please don't complain about the things that you actually have to long for the most. It makes you look somewhat silly and gives an explanation why you have logged so many hands on unl that it is actually "embarrassing".

Don't take this personally, Chomp. But a lot of people get in here and show that they haven't understood very basic principles of the game. As long as you ask yourself "How could he call with a gutshot goddammit?!?!?!?" you have a long way to go.

And to put this post into perspective: I haven't gotten rid of this thinking completely myself. But this is one of the things that I'm working on with top priority. AND SO SHOULD YOU!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 04:54 PM

i think you can still hold the thinkings of "how could he call with that?!" as long as you really know that its what you want. its what i do
Old 09-17-2007, 04:55 PM

10 NL hates me

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($6)
SB ($15.25)
Hero ($11)
UTG ($19.95)
MP ($7.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.30) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.3</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12.4</font>, SB calls $7.40.

Turn: ($23.60) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($23.60) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $23.60

SB showed [K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] and won ($21) with a full house, Eights full of Kings
Hero mucked [5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Closed Thread