100000-150000 7 10.61%
>150000 12 18.18%
dont care /resutls please 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: *official 2007 red sox thread*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In other shocking news, DTB strikes again: 2 more mental lapses cost the Sox 2 more runs.

[/ QUOTE ]

DTB?

[/ QUOTE ]

DTB = dumbest team in baseball. You can borrow it if you want, I don't mind.

For those that didn't get to see it yesterday, on conescutive plays the following happened:

-Schilling didn't cover 1st base on a ground ball hit to Youkilis that would have been an easy double play. What made this so bizarre was that Schill ran most of the way to 1st and then stopped even though it was obvious that Youk was way too far away from the bag to be able to get back in time to take the throw.

-the rookie LF Moss threw the ball into 3B on a single when he had absolutely zero chance to get the runner going from 1st to 3rd. This allowed the batter to get take 2nd on a single.

The next hitter singled to center, 2 runs scored, and the game was tied.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this would take like 10 minutes to compile. however i am tired of providing you cretins with information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Constantly "providing us cretins with information" is the penalty you have to pay for being the smartest, most baseball-savvy poster in this thread. If you weren't so damn intelligent, you wouldn't have to. If you weren't so knowledgeable about the Red Sox and the game of baseball in general, we wouldn't need you to help us understand this oh-so-complicated game. Really, it's a small price to pay I think.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

this would take like 10 minutes to compile. however i am tired of providing you cretins with information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Constantly "providing us cretins with information" is the penalty you have to pay for being the smartest, most baseball-savvy poster in this thread. If you weren't so damn intelligent, you wouldn't have to. If you weren't so knowledgeable about the Red Sox and the game of baseball in general, we wouldn't need you to help us understand this oh-so-complicated game. Really, it's a small price to pay I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want some knee pads and a towel to clean up?
Old 08-07-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You want some knee pads and a towel to clean up?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, he was obviosly being sarcastic (as was i).
Old 08-07-2007, 05:49 PM

Wily Mo on the move...?

Pena clears trade waivers
By Gordon Edes, Globe Staff

According to a major league source, Wily Mo Pena has cleared trade waivers, meaning any team is free to negotiate a deal with the Red Sox for the outfielder before the end of the month.

The fact that he cleared trade waivers does not mean the Sox can option Pena to the minors. He is still out of options, and would have to clear the standard waiver wire to be eligible for demotion.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DTB = dumbest team in baseball. You can borrow it if you want, I don't mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't flatter yourself. I only borrow the good stuff, like "My Man Tavarez".
Old 08-07-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i went to two of the m's/sox games this weekend, and i noticed one of the relievers on the sox has a pink hello kitty backpack. is there a story behind this? i am unable to tell you which reliever it was, as the backpack covered up his number.

[/ QUOTE ]

They talked about this a lot last year. Apparently, it's a backpack full of like snacks and stuff. Stuff like granola bars, gatorade, candy bars, etc. It's a backpack made for little girls and they make the rookies carry it around. Pap had to do it quite a bit last year. It's like a hazing type of thing. Between this and the pirate thing, I'm now thinking these are some pretty weird guys in the bullpen. Then again, maybe you have to be a little odd to sit there by yourself for the whole game not doing anything...

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the one! thanks! the sox relievers are weird.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i went to two of the m's/sox games this weekend, and i noticed one of the relievers on the sox has a pink hello kitty backpack. is there a story behind this? i am unable to tell you which reliever it was, as the backpack covered up his number.

[/ QUOTE ]

They talked about this a lot last year. Apparently, it's a backpack full of like snacks and stuff. Stuff like granola bars, gatorade, candy bars, etc. It's a backpack made for little girls and they make the rookies carry it around. Pap had to do it quite a bit last year. It's like a hazing type of thing. Between this and the pirate thing, I'm now thinking these are some pretty weird guys in the bullpen. Then again, maybe you have to be a little odd to sit there by yourself for the whole game not doing anything...

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the one! thanks! the sox relievers are weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we had discussed this a couple days ago. I say, whatever it takes them to shut a game down if need be.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:02 PM

omg I totally forgot about Manny cutting off Damons throw from CF. what a space cadet.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:30 PM

Mirabelli
what the helli
two run shot
is peanut butter and jelly
(in my belly!)

Youk Youk
is a machine
Theo got him
not billy beane

I got one about Lester the Molester but only if you're really good.