FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: AS-Something Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i'm still sad

Also, for whoever said I should try to freeroll there, roflmao

[/ QUOTE ]
AS8 we need to discuss your play the final two days I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I played D2 pretty poorly (attacking Zurvan like crazy and not wanting to lynch Dustin)

But I was really happy with how everything else went down
Old 06-07-2007, 04:57 PM

Because you basically FPSed massively, took a HUGE risk that your death would confirm FCBL as a villager, then when you didn't die you didn't ONCE even bring up the fact that you had done it and the village should look a little more closely at FCBL because of it.

Your listing FCBL above your peeks was a huge risk that let you live but you did not even THINK about what it could mean - at least not out loud in thread. This is phenominally bad on multiple levels
Old 06-07-2007, 04:57 PM

Here's an idea...

Don't lynch Trebek. New players never try as hard as he did if he was a wolf. NEVER
Old 06-07-2007, 04:58 PM

D2, I thought Luckay had peeked Zurvan = evil N1.

I made some stupid post like, "oh, wait oh, awesome!"

That was the point I had "realized" that Luckay had peeked Zurvan=evil.

oops
Old 06-07-2007, 04:58 PM

AS8 actually made his peeks pretty clear imo by adding extra letters to the names of his peeks. I think someone would have picked up on that and not cleared FCBL for it had AS8 been killed.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because you basically FPSed massively, took a HUGE risk that your death would confirm FCBL as a villager, then when you didn't die you didn't ONCE even bring up the fact that you had done it and the village should look a little more closely at FCBL because of it.

Your listing FCBL above your peeks was a huge risk that let you live but you did not even THINK about what it could mean - at least not out loud in thread. This is phenominally bad on multiple levels

[/ QUOTE ]

My lists were in alphabetical order.

You need to re-read the game if you thought I fps'ed anywhere, lol

Seriously, the post you just made is really bad on many levels. I made my peeks blatantly obscenely clear.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, the post you just made is really bad on many levels. I made my peeks blatantly obscenely clear.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also made my peeks blatantly clear in the game that shall not be mentioned
Old 06-07-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok I know you haven't seen the "misinterpreted peeks" fiasco happen before in a long game so I will cut you some slack but what you did is NOT something that everyone is just going to figure out. If you had died the night before you came out most of the time FCBL never even gets discussed because he was "peeked village"

Your peeks were obviously too subtle for the wolves to catch since they didn't nightkill you for them.

I have no problem with your play in general you just need to be aware of things like putting FCBL as your only non-peek in your "villager" list when you are missing a peek since JaredL had already been lynched - people misinterpret that ALL THE TIME.

I would quote you posts like

"X is at the top of Y's villager list and Y was a seer - X is peeked I don't care what you say" because people make them all the time. Had I still been in the game I would have assumed you had peeked FCBL there if you had died that night and I would like to think that I am moderately perceptive about those kinds of things.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with your play in general you just need to be aware of things like putting FCBL as your only non-peek in your "villager" list when you are missing a peek since JaredL had already been lynched - people misinterpret that ALL THE TIME.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really if I wasn't being a Jackass I would have just said this and that your peeks are never as clear as you think they are - except to wolves and if the wolves can't figure it out it means you weren't as clear as you thought you were.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:38 PM

Herbie, i'm pretty sure I understand what you are saying in theory and I def agree with you that its easy for people to misinterpret peeks and such.

The reason I don't think it would have applied here is that each day I made several very strong, definitive comments about my peeks.

D1 I was allll over Luckay being village and how I knew he was village and stuff.

D2 I said many times "fmx is village" or "fmx is a villager"

D3 I did nothing but vote jared and say how I KNEW he was a wolf and threaten to vote myself the next day if he came up village.

D4, towards the end of the day I practically all but said "i have peeked flsc village, lets kill DMK instead". Luckay even said at the end of the day "I AM PRETTY SURE FLSC HAS BEEN PEEKED BY THE SEER AS A VILLAGER!"

During D1-D4, when asked about FCBL, I made several comments like I was not sure about him.

I think in theory, yes, seers need to make it really obvious who they peeked and putting someone you didnt peek in a villager category is risky and can be stupid.

However, in this specific game, I do not think it was fps or even really that risky to put fcbl in there.

Assuming I died the night I peeked JCool wolf and came out the next morning, I would bet a large chunk of money that any villager could re-read me and tell me exactly who I peeked each night.