Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
any ways to spot a ladyboy?
kind of like if you play poker for 5 years you can spot a donk, well same goes here I assume?
I dont wanna be a joker, but really ladyboys dont sound good. I mean I see trannys in SFbay all the time, but I might actually do something w/ a LB (when drunk obv) b/c some of em are pretty hot (beat).

[/ QUOTE ]

They are pretty easy to spot usually. Just avoid the tall girls.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:09 AM

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but does anyone know what poker sites can be acsessed out there. My roll's currently on iPoker and I'm wondering if I should move it before going out, thx.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but does anyone know what poker sites can be acsessed out there. My roll's currently on iPoker and I'm wondering if I should move it before going out, thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play on ipoker absolutely no problem
Old 08-15-2007, 09:52 AM

Just read that :

Saudis Ban Thai Tourism...
Due to wine, women & crime

Based on an article from Arab News

Travellers and travel agents were not informed of a ban on Saudis travelling to Thailand and so many Saudis, who visited the country at the beginning of the summer, have returned to face questioning from the Kingdom’s authorities.

Thailand has for the past 12 years been on a list of countries that Saudis are not allowed to visit. The list includes Israel, Iraq and Bosnia.

Many Saudis still continue to apply for tourist visas to Thailand, which are easily obtainable. There are no direct flights from the Kingdom to Thailand. Connecting flights are available in Dubai and Qatar. The Thailand Tourism Commission states it received 9,000 Saudis tourists in 2006. People this summer have once again been asked not to visit Thailand unless for business reasons, a rule that many members of the public are unaware of.

People believe the ban has been reinforced because of men who visit Thailand to drink alcohol, visit prostitutes and then be robbed and at times murdered.

The administration has stressed that those who have travelled to Thailand as tourists and come back will be questioned about why they travelled there. They would also be prevented from travelling for six months to three years and fined SR5,000 for breaking the ban.

However, not all visitors to Thailand have been questioned on return but an employee at a travel agency said: Those who have not been questioned will most likely be questioned when they renew their passports.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any ways to spot a ladyboy?
kind of like if you play poker for 5 years you can spot a donk, well same goes here I assume?
I dont wanna be a joker, but really ladyboys dont sound good. I mean I see trannys in SFbay all the time, but I might actually do something w/ a LB (when drunk obv) b/c some of em are pretty hot (beat).

[/ QUOTE ]

Lolz

It's definitely not always easy to tell.

Some signs:
- adams apple (LOOK FOR IT!)
- tallness (thai chicks are almost always short-ish)
- those who seem 'overly effeminate' are often overcompensating for their lack of BEING A WOMAN
- the voice
- something not quite right that you can't quite put your finger on

Also, from what I've heard, don't accept drinks from (seeming to be) chicks at bars - katooey are known to spike ur drink and u end up in the morning not knowing much of what happened or how it happened, and with a wallet cleared out (and if your lucky you don't get aids - which is much more common in thailand, in particular among gays/katooeys)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UB, FTP no probs
Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 AM

Stars also works fine.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:30 AM

I am now 100% going to Thailand at the end of the year because of this thread. I got the Pimsleur Thai language set, and I have the brand-new (just published this month) Lonely Planet Thailand in the mail from Amazon. I am so hyped it's ridiculous. I plan on staying 90 days, and traveling everywhere. The only constraint is money, but I can live cheap and I don't drink.

One thing that hasn't really been addressed by this thread unless I missed it is any contemplative resources. Thailand is one of the strongholds of Theravada Buddhism, which is the tradition that my meditation practice comes from. I am not so much interested in seeing temples and so forth, though I'm sure that I will, but in maybe studying with Thai teachers for some period of time. Apparently Goenka Vipassana offers the same 10-day course that I have taken here but I would like to do something different.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:07 AM

Previously unmentioned ladyboy detection technique: ladyboys tend to hang out with other ladyboys, so that cute girl hanging out with a bunch of ladyboys isn't a girl. Same thing if you see a pair and one is an obvious ladyboy.

Here's a useful link for you guys: list of durex condoms . I never know what the hell I'm buying because the labels are either in Thai or they're called something like "pleasuremax" and don't have a description.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:41 AM

Talking about ladyboys...

Yes it's a man
Old 08-17-2007, 09:25 AM

if your going out alone, how hard is it to get together with other tourists or locals or does everyone keep to themselves?
Closed Thread