Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]***

[ QUOTE ]
Talking of first's for food, me tufat and his housemates (one of whom is pretty damn hot btw) went out to an Asian place on Saturday night. Tufat decides to order a starter at random since someone can't choose, and what do we get? fkin tofu. Rigged. God damn that is some disgusting tasting sh*t. Like warm snot-like jelly I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how it's prepared and what it's served with. Sometimes it can be quite good with the right combination of other stuff around it....by itself it can be pretty bad
Old 10-30-2007, 11:22 PM

Re: earlier car stuff: Oddly enough the white spots are only a problem on my windows, dunno how I failed to notice/mention that earlier. The rear windshield is the dirtiest part of my car right now after the droplets dried on it.

Also, 5.6 earthquake in San Jose just now. Living in California keeps you on your toes!
Old 10-31-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, 5.6 earthquake in San Jose just now. Living in California keeps you on your toes!

[/ QUOTE ]

i barely felt it... maybe cause i'm running low on sleep
Old 10-31-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AJ- The ginger in really good sushi places is really good. The stuff in other places is usually nasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an upscale supermarket around here called Byerly's that has a dude in there making sushi and I've picked some up there a couple times and the ginger is blech. Today I went to a sushi restaurant that was voted tops in the Twin Cities and the ginger was blech.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to make some snide comment about sushi so far from an ocean, but I don't think it explains the ginger. Too bad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. If I don't like the ginger, I just drink something and take my time when I feel like clearing my palate.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:47 AM

I've heard that the standard pink ginger that you get served most places is crap and that white ginger is really what you should be looking for. Can anyone that knows sushi confirm/deny?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:13 AM

Just happened to catch the thread that got Will banned. Sorry bud but NT was pretty damn funny there

and xanta from what I understand white ginger is higher quality(I still don't care for it), but Kil would probably be the expert on it.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:57 AM

why can't I buy Beatles songs on iTunes? God I just want to hear that song "Michelle, my belle" and it's not on iTunes nor is any Beatles, wtf!?!
Old 10-31-2007, 05:10 AM

Eating sushi with your hands in America will probably cause yuppie types to look at you as if you're uncultured, but from what I understand it's completely standard in Japan.

Someone like kil can confirm, but I also hear that in Japan at a nice place, a sushi chef might be offended if you put wasabi in your soy sauce. It's supposed to be the equivalent of putting salt and pepper in your ketchup (I do both though so what it do).

I want to order some now for breakfast but I can't. It's 4 am and I just woke up. having a messed up sleeping schedule sucks
Old 10-31-2007, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: earlier car stuff: Oddly enough the white spots are only a problem on my windows, dunno how I failed to notice/mention that earlier. The rear windshield is the dirtiest part of my car right now after the droplets dried on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can polish the window too. If you have a well polished windshield you won't even have to use wipers in light rain cause the droplets will just glide off if you're at a decent speed.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:16 AM

so I've watched the Saw trilogy in the past 2 days after never having seen them. What's the consensus on these movies? The first one was okay I thought, but as they went on it seemed as if they were almost satirizing themselves. It's hard to explain what I mean, but as they got more ridiculous, it was like:

"I want to play a game. If you fail in this game, I will reveal the actual game was that you were playing a game in the first place, and that the results of the secondary game are truly the game I want to play."

know what I mean? like in III there were 3 different people unknowingly being tested, and a bunch of different games were revealed in the last 5 minutes. meh, i've been doing lots of drugs lately so I dunno
Closed Thread