bet/call 5 41.67%
bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: BvB madness

[ QUOTE ]
I will say that you should never be 4-bet/folding for 100BB stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true. There are definitely times for it.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will say that you should never be 4-bet/folding for 100BB stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true. There are definitely times for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like?

It's going to be hard to find an example of a guy that 3-bets you so much that you start 4-bet bluffing him, that folding to his 5-bet is going to be correct.

Before Eagles comes in and says this is wrong, I'll qualify and say I assume a normal sized 4-bet and not a mini 4bet.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:23 AM

...like when your opponent flips over his cards and shows he has AA
Old 10-17-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Before Eagles comes in and says this is wrong, I'll qualify and say I assume a normal sized 4-bet and not a mini 4bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not making this distinction. And I usually 4bet small or shove so I guess I have a little more maneuverability.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, there's no shame in leaving a table if someone is giving you a hard time and there isn't a significant reason (like a big soft spot that you have position on) to keep you there. Forget about ego, if he's getting the best of you, leave unless something worthwhile is keeping you there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid advice.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First off, there's no shame in leaving a table if someone is giving you a hard time and there isn't a significant reason (like a big soft spot that you have position on) to keep you there. Forget about ego, if he's getting the best of you, leave unless something worthwhile is keeping you there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I've been paying much more attention recently to who leaves and joins a table. I've yet to run into a player at 25nl that makes it tough for me to play my game. But I have no problem leaving a table if there aren't really any easy targets if the table doesn't change in an orbit or two. If nothing else it keeps me focused and aware of who's there and what they are doing.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its something to think about; however that particular table was the most profitable one I was playing - despite the thorn in my side. It was the type of game where I would have had pretty good control of the table if not for "that guy". Generally good solid players will tend to stay out of your way rather than butt heads. If I was at a table with a bunch of players like that, I'd either leave or wait for premium hands.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, this hand is pissing me off, and got me thinking about how to deal with this guy. I know the right way to do it is obviously not how I played this hand.

The 29/22 bastard was reraising every time I open raised from the CO or BTN - probably half a dozen times so far. I never had a hand worth calling or reraising with, not that this hand was either.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $106.70
UTG: $127.35
MP: $129
CO: $42
Hero (BTN): $241.50
SB: $219.60

Pre-Flop: Q 8 dealt to Hero (BTN)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $11</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $44</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $106.70 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds

Results: $88.50 Pot
BB mucked and WON $88.50 (+$44.50 NET)

So what do you good players do when you get a good LAG who does this ? Tighten up and wait for premium hands? Call light and play lots of flops?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you fold to his raise, and continue your standard play for later hands, when you hit your hand make him pay for his LAGiness. Even lags have a real hand sometimes... If he is going to continue to raise OOP you'll get him eventually.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a follow up to the previous hand, SB is the same bastard. MP is 45/16/1.45.

SB: $198.60
BB: $111.45
UTG: $70.65
MP: $70.10
Hero (CO): $194.20
BTN: $211.55

Pre-Flop: K K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $13</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $12.50, BB folds, MP calls $9.50

Flop: ($40) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">MP bets $40</font>, <font color="red">Hero whats the plan here?

[/ QUOTE ]

min raise to $80 or $100. He won't believe you. Hopefully he'll shove. Then get him all in when it is your turn either if he raises you or on the turn.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a follow up to the previous hand, SB is the same bastard. MP is 45/16/1.45.

SB: $198.60
BB: $111.45
UTG: $70.65
MP: $70.10
Hero (CO): $194.20
BTN: $211.55

Pre-Flop: K K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $13</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $12.50, BB folds, MP calls $9.50

Flop: ($40) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">MP bets $40</font>, <font color="red">Hero whats the plan here? </font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

min raise to $80 or $100. He won't believe you. Hopefully he'll shove. Then get him all in when it is your turn either if he raises you or on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP only has like another ~$27 behind.

I've been thinking more about wuwei's idea of seeing if SB will make a mistake if we just call. I think I'd prefer to just raise it up to $80 here, and leave my equity against this guy as is.