fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Topset72 Topset72 is offline

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

They need to be in the same room to chop profits and can't either trust each other or send screen shots of cashiers?

Russ GCA (the poker cheating guy) used to have a link to a picture of his poker boiler room in this rgp thread from 2004.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gambl...bbbe2dfa2d445cc

Newgca View profile
More options Sep 10 2004, 12:32 pm

Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
From: new...@aol.com (Newgca)
Date: 10 Sep 2004 16:32:05 GMT
Subject: GCA "Boiler Room pics, now online"
www.pokermafia.com now has pcitures of perhaps the two finest 'poker boiler
rooms' in the world.

If you think this equipment is for show, then it's showtime. Meanwhile, I'd
personally like to thank the sites for allowing this. Perhaps they can stop it?

Russ Georgiev

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Newgca View profile
More options Sep 11 2004, 12:43 am

Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
From: new...@aol.com (Newgca)
Date: 11 Sep 2004 04:43:23 GMT
Subject: Re: GCA "Boiler Room pics, now online"

>Why is it that in "perhaps the finest 'poker boiler rooms' in the world"
>half the computers aren't even plugged in?

If you had a brain, you'd know why. 7 monitors means there are 7 ways of
connecting, so all you do is switch computers when you want a different account
to be played. Each account has it's own computer, but I guess most of you
genius's can't figure this out.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I can't get the picture up anymore. Maybe someone can find it.

I don't see why anyone would be surprised at a boiler room - coaching situation. I worked for an option trading group and it worked almost the same way. You have the head trader/pupeteer and his worker bees standing out in the pits. The bees have certain constraints to trade under set by the head trader. Major/difficult situations are sent to the head trader to decide.

One guys opening speech to us was "I'm a [censored] who went to [censored] university and I make $400,000 a year. Just do what Dave tells you to do, don't be a hero, and you can make big money."

Option trading is significantly more complicated than poker. One or two good poker players directing a bunch of disciplined guys in a room would be an easy money machine. The new banking regs have hurt these guys bad I am sure.

Nation also says they consult on big hands. Isn't this against the FTP rules?

Topset72

PS I don't know why there are no spaces in my message. They are there when I typed this post.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:23 PM
GrannyMae GrannyMae is offline

[ QUOTE ]
2. OP's claim that the 3-4 accounts logged off simultaneously as soon as he signed in to FTP, as opposed to actually sitting at their tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

op clarified that this was not common, and nl clarified that he takes dinner @ the same hour each day.

i have read 75% of this thread and i have changed my conclusions a few times. here is where i now stand.

1. i do not think it is a complete bot. i think it is 3 guys using a PF bot or some other app.

2. i think they are doing this for the rakeback (which is huge)

3. i think nation is up to his eyeballs in connection with this (i.e., not just a friend defending)
Old 05-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Smart Money Smart Money is offline

My Fult Tilt screen name is "Narena." I 12x multi-table, and probably play more hands per month on Full Tilt at these tables than anyone else. (Approx. 150,000)

I have only read the first post on this thread and had a quick glance at one or two others, so I don't know what has already been said.

I am very familiar with all these players, and to "accuse" them all of being bots is naive, ignorant, paranoid, and just plain stupid. I expect the original poster is just a f****** idiot.

All multi-tablers have a "robotic" style to their game, and it is no suprise that common stats are shared. If you check mine then they will probably also be similar. Also most multi-tablers often have their chat off to help with their focus.

I have spoken many times to Full_Tilting and Mariojr at the tables, and also exchanged e-mails with Full_Tilting (who is a very nice and friendly guy.)

-Narena.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:54 PM
jessyj07 jessyj07 is offline

Location: Melting in Tucson, AZ

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have stats of 0_Drunkenboxer at 0.25/0.50, 0.5/1.0 or 2/4?

?????

[/ QUOTE ]Well are there any Drunkboxers from the Pittsburgh area? If yes, then we know what that means!
Old 05-11-2007, 07:55 PM
KurtSF KurtSF is offline

[ QUOTE ]
My Fult Tilt screen name is "Narena." I 12x multi-table, and probably play more hands per month on Full Tilt at these tables than anyone else. (Approx. 150,000)

[/ QUOTE ]

Narena, could you do us a big favor? Wold you take 2 months of your data, and see if the stats in the OP are as similar for 2 of your months as they are for 4 separate players.

My guess is even from one single player you won't see numbers this close. I would love to hear otherwise.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:03 PM
SukitTrebek SukitTrebek is offline

Location: The day is mine!

Narena,

You play too tight.

-Trebek

ps. Berating fish is -EV.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Smart Money Smart Money is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Narena,

You play too tight.

-Trebek

ps. Berating fish is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may appear that way to an inexperienced player.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Bobo Fett Bobo Fett is offline

Location: Canada, Eh!

Narena,

You play too tight.

-Trebek

ps. Berating fish is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may appear that way to an inexperienced player.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I think even experienced players know that berating fish is -EV. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2007, 08:38 PM
PartyGirlUK PartyGirlUK is offline

Gatorade your site lists a bunch of bots on FT ALL of whom are not bots.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:47 PM
cameronbarry cameronbarry is offline

Location: CCUUURRSINGFTP

i've read most of this issue (in the various threads) and would like to start by saying i 12 table 1 2 FR on FTP and have been for a few months now at around 60-100K hands a month (CCUUURRSE for those who might know).

i agree with the majority that given Trebek's analysis (great job BTW man loved the OP) that surely there is SOME form of automation occurring though i don't know enough about it to comment on it. i have logged many thousands of hands with all these players except "1forthethumb" who i have never seen. i always considered the possibility that these players were bots but never seriously because PT freezes my computer so i don't use it and therefore was never aware of the unhuman similarity of their stats.

i understand that bots are a problem for professional poker players (such as myself) and while i think bots aren't a big issue right now, i could easily see how it would become one when a significant % of players are bots. i guess that would be a fun and new challenge in itself.

don't get me wrong, i don't like the idea of bots swallowing up all the $$$ from fish at an inhuman rate and i do not believe it should be allowed but on the same ticket i think there will always (atleast for a few years) been plenty of fish out there for the exploitin'.

but can we please not make such a big deal out of this, atleast not in a PUBLIC forum. I enjoy the games at FTP very much, bots or not and i don't think this is the type of press internet poker needs at this already vulnerable junction.

lastly i'm certainly not upset about a bunch of 2+2 players leaving FTP. more fish for meeee [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (and bots [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])