Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 01:01 AM

Default Re: My Statement

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
N82,

Have you told Stars about it? If you don't want to, please tell me and I'll tell Stars about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to add that unlike the snitching debate, this seems cut-and-dry to me. Here you're just helping to remove an avenue of cheating; I can't see how that would be anything but good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't see much that Stars support could do about it from a preventative point of view. They could review suspicious activity, but unless you ban multiple people on a single IP from playing, then it's hard to stop. By not telling anyone how to do it, I see my actions as preventing widespread cheating on Stars.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:02 AM

N82,

Are you aware of any other techniques besides the one that Jeremy mentions? If so, please PM them to me so I can pass on the info to Stars. Thanks again.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Surely he knows if people are going to start calling you light, you can't push [censored] all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's an excellent point that im surprised i havent seen brought up before. a good player should make adjustments in his game to keep the other players off balance and w/out good reads. the solution isnt to make multiple other accts to play.

also to note: please stop posting in here simply to ask if this thread has the most posts. uggh.

secondly: it's LIBEL if it's in print. double uggh.

done k-nit-ing,

bwana
Old 02-26-2006, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
N82,

Since you already know, why not save me the time of talking to a Windows software developer and just PM me how this is done so I can notify Stars? Thanks so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably some sort of Virtual Machine (ie, a second computer environment running on your computer).
Old 02-26-2006, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
N82,

What do you make of Party's statement that the accounts were used to play as a team? If this is true, then it is not surprising that it was "ZeeJustin" and not any of his anonymous accounts that ended up winning. Maybe all of this is just a big coincidence, though. That is indeed a possibility.

Anyway, I'm not going to respond on this part of the topic anymore. Maybe cheating helped his results a little, maybe a lot. Doesn't really matter. Really, I'm just saying the same thing as you, just from a different perspective. People need to consider all of the facts here. I think a lot of people are making far too many assumptions of what Justin would or would not do based on the fact that from his posts and/or chatting w/ him a little on IM he seemed to be a relatively good-hearted kid. I think his actions and some of the company he keeps and idolizes show that perhaps people didn't know ZJ as well as they thought they did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly El D. good post as always. To his good friends, it may seem sad but to everybody else, what he was or could have been has no interest, now he's a cheater and he will most probably alway stay that.

Is somebody going to eat a rotten apple because it started as a good juicy one? No, you throw it away and look for a new one.

People arguing that he started with innocent intentions of just maximazing his EV make me laugh. Of course one begins with petty crimes before stepping up into major crimes. Should that be an excuse? It's all about not taking the first and most difficult step, the rest of the road is usually downhill.

I couldn't care less if he would eventually have won every tourney with 1 account. The only thing that is relevant is that he chose to cheat in order to achieve his goals. From that moment it's game over for him.

And in my experience, people trying to minimize other people cheating activities (throwing in a phrase like "I don't aprove his behavior" here and there) usually have some reflection to do about their own moral standards.

As El D. pointed out, that all of his MTT winnings came from the ZeeJustin account is very, very suspicious. To keep arguing that he never dumped chips is hilarious.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's naive to believe that he didn't resort to other tactics.

[/ QUOTE ] Yet so many seem to be taking this stance, I don't get it. I understand he could just be a sometimes-cheat, when it benefits him the least of course. Anyone that claims they "know" ways he wouldn't cheat are fooling themselves.

[ QUOTE ]
N82,

Since you already know, why not save me the time of talking to a Windows software developer and just PM me how this is done so I can notify Stars? Thanks so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never tried what Jeremy suggested, but it sounds like it would work if Stars didn't have something in place to repeatedly check for multiple instances as the program is running.

But I will PM you anyway.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that's an excellent point that im surprised i havent seen brought up before. a good player should make adjustments

[/ QUOTE ]

In SNG's it is much better to have people fold to you too often than call you too often.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't see much that Stars support could do about it from a preventative point of view. They could review suspicious activity, but unless you ban multiple people on a single IP from playing, then it's hard to stop. By not telling anyone how to do it, I see my actions as preventing widespread cheating on Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not notify Stars anyway? What does it cost you in this instance other than 10 minutes of time, which it seems like we're all willing to spend, given our participation in this thread?

EDIT: I see you're going to PM Diablo. That satisfies me.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Justin,
We hereby give you notice that we are terminating our Standard Affiliate Agreement (the “Agreement”) with you. Clause 5.3 of the Agreement states that we are entitled to terminate our Agreement without cause immediately upon this written notice to you. We will also be exercising our right under clause 5.3 to terminate all trackers that you have with us.
We ask that you familiarize yourself with clause 5.5 of the Agreement which sets out the effects of termination. We require you to stop promoting our Site and you are no longer entitled to use our Marketing Materials. We also remind you that the obligation of confidentiality and non-disclosure shall, amongst other things, survive the termination of the Agreement.
Yours sincerely
PartyGaming
Sarah Hunter
Affiliate Relations
PartyGaming Marketing (UK)
Email: sarahh@partygaming.com
London Office +44 (0) 20 7337 0100
18 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BP
www.partygaming.com
This email is sent by PartyGaming Marketing (UK), a provider of services to PartyGaming Marketing (Gibraltar). The contents of this email may be subject to approval by an authorized representative of PartyGaming Marketing (Gibraltar).
The information contained in this email, and any attachments hereto, is strictly confidential and solely intended for use by the individual(s) and/or entity(s) to which it is addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the System Manager at admin@partygaming.com as soon as possible

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I can't speak to the first section that you bolded, I'm pretty sure that the second part is a bunch of bogus crap. I don't mean your pointing it out, just the whole idea of that. I've seen that at the bottom of e-mails and other correspondence often, and, while I'm no lawyer, I'm pretty sure that it has no legal weight. Just because someone says "don't tell this to anyone" doesn't mean that I have any obligation whatsoever to listen to that. Once you say, print, write, etc. something, it's out there. Telling me what I'm allowed to do with the information is meaningless.

Will
Closed Thread