Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What should we call the UIGEA event?
Black Friday 10 47.62%
Friday the 13th 8 38.10%
Other (suggest below) 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: SEPT #2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FGators, I sent you a PM about coaching but haven't heard back. What's the deal yo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too busy sit n hooing right now; I haven't really decided.

I think I'm better than these (or I don't get molested as much, take your pick) so I think I might go back to my roots of donkamenter for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait for the "I just bubbled 37 out of my last 40, all getting it in with the best hand" posts. Honest advice, you are going to get torched at anything higher than the $60's, don't play any higher until you master ICM and pushbotting.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:25 PM

Zek,

From the 10 sets I've put in there doesn't seem much of a difference in skill level between these and I was a donkamenter long before cash games.

But yeah, you think I blow at poker so it's not worth it to try to defend myself that I can actually win at anything poker related.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any of you playing in the $320 WCOOP 6-max event?

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] I overslept. Was really looking forward to this one too.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zek,

From the 10 sets I've put in there doesn't seem much of a difference in skill level between these and I was a donkamenter long before cash games.

But yeah, you think I blow at poker so it's not worth it to try to defend myself that I can actually win at anything poker related.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh sorry, 10 sets, you've hit the long run. Carry on and profit.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:57 PM

snowbank, zocky65 is the fish who busted me. He's [censored] terrible. Please bust him.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Zek,

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh sorry, 10 sets, you've hit the long run. Carry on and profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really really dislike you.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish people would stop responding to FGATORS. I have him on ignore yet I still see all his crap coming by.

FGATORS is like Hellmuth. A pathetic whiny self-hating little bitch who can only make other people's lives worse, yet people still give him air-time.

Shizzle is a whine-troll. I have him on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do I feel like I post so good but I play so bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thac,
I hope this doesn't strike you wrong, but sometimes the tone of your posts in this cheese thread make it seem that you let very unproductive emotions take up too much of your mental resources. I mean, none of us are automatons, but it seems you have dwelled just a bit too much on being on a downswing, the last hand that didn't go your way, being frustrated, etc. You do post good. You do know the game. Find a way to devote less of your mental resources to unproductive habits and I think your play will come much more in-line with your posts.

BTW---everyone posts better than they play. They have more time to think. They have less emotions misweighting objective factors.

good luck...I'm sure you'll get where you want
Old 09-26-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do I feel like I post so good but I play so bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thac,
I hope this doesn't strike you wrong, but sometimes the tone of your posts in this cheese thread make it seem that you let very unproductive emotions take up too much of your mental resources. I mean, none of us are automatons, but it seems you have dwelled just a bit too much on being on a downswing, the last hand that didn't go your way, being frustrated, etc. You do post good. You do know the game. Find a way to devote less of your mental resources to unproductive habits and I think your play will come much more in-line with your posts.

BTW---everyone posts better than they play. They have more time to think. They have less emotions misweighting objective factors.

good luck...I'm sure you'll get where you want

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

But how do I use less mental resources? I have always tried to not think about hands on an emotional level but can't stop.

Great post though.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I really really dislike you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave you honest advice as someone that has played >2k sng's. You absolutely will not beat the 100+ buy in games without a very solid understanding of bubble play. The fact that you seem to think that MTT's are somehow similar to STT's indicates that you are about to get destroyed.
Closed Thread