Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2006, 03:22 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Ask PITTM: Headphones, basketball, smoking weed.

SD,

Im glad you like them. <3

rj
Old 04-17-2006, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
barron. the best possible headphones you can get for your ipod that would be well powered enough would be the grado rs-1. but those are silly overpriced and i dont dig them as much as most people do. i use the akg 26p out of my ipod because theyre closed, like 60 bucks and sound really really good imo.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip -- that's strange that headphones 1/10th the price you think are comparable. As a follow-up, why do they charge $600+ for the Grado RS1 (at least in the quick Google search that I did)?
Old 04-17-2006, 03:38 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

ive asked myself and many head-fi.org users this same question many times and never gotten a legit answer. i think grado phones suck in general though, so im not really one to ask. btw, i just changed my mind. if youre just going to use your ipod, buy a pair of sennheiser hd595s and be stoked. gl.

rj
Old 04-17-2006, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay, for reference, i smoke an asston of weed and i probably smoke about 5 grams a week, an eighth is 3.5 grams. i would say 2 grams a week should do you just fine at first.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
If that's an asston I used to smoke eh.. a bigfatasston.

Back in the day (wow, I'm almost old enough to use that expression now) I used to smoke 3-4 grams a day. And that wasn't some weak-ass MJ either; hashish, laced more often than not.

Now? Well, my MJ-plantation got busted by the cops, and I decided to clean up. Life is better, but I sometimes wish I had a personality type somewhat more suited to hit a bong every two weeks, not the all-in all-the-time type..
Old 04-17-2006, 03:45 PM

Oh, and Beyerdynamics kicks ass! I've got the DT 700 Pro and the bass is better than any cans I've ever heard! (I've probably tried out most of the Sennheiser and the most popular Grados..)
Old 04-17-2006, 03:46 PM

Yeah, it's solely for my iPod; thanks for this recommendation, as I was trying to figure out what I should get and nothing stood out, much appreciated.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That is really not that much. How often do you buy and it what quantities? My friend was trying to convince me to just buy OZ's everytime since it saves so much $. I think he is right and it'd be nice to just smoke continuous for a long time then be sober while saving up for the OZ.

I just want someone to deliver an 8th to me every 3 weeks. IS THAT SO WRONG?

[/ QUOTE ]

bison,

in the area you live, this is very arrangable.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

rj,

how would you go about finding a reliable delivery service that has good stuff in MD or VA? i have the desire to try the service, but i feel that i will not be a regular user. in the past, buying small amounts from friends has been adequate, but incredibly inconsistent.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:17 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's solely for my iPod; thanks for this recommendation, as I was trying to figure out what I should get and nothing stood out, much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]i think those are cheaper on headphone.com fwiw. my brother just ordered them from them and i think he got them for less than 200 but they havent arrived yet.

heres the link
Old 04-17-2006, 05:19 PM

yeah. headphone.com is always cheaper. and tyll hertsins is my hero so give him money.

rj
Old 04-17-2006, 05:28 PM

what is your impression of the koss portapro?

specifically as a lowcost substitution to ear buds.