Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: RB
S. Jackson - KC 10 28.57%
J. Addai - @NE 8 22.86%
M. Morris - Oak 4 11.43%
R. Brown - @Chi 4 11.43%
W. Lundy - @NYG 7 20.00%
R. Droughns - @SD 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: *Official* Superuser T-Shirt Thread

[ QUOTE ]
um, nobody's going to get sued over some custom made t-shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was mainly addressing the possbility of some reference to mark seif appearing on the t-shirt,

li·bel
n.
a. A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.
b. The act of presenting such material to the public.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

apefish i actually agree with this statement, and not because some dude who knows mark seif inside and out is telling me i'm gonna get sued either.

everyone has very set opinions, i've said over an over again i want the jersey back, although i now agree potripper is better than superuser because the term superuser is not a "fact" and we want the shirt to tell a complete story in a simple fashion

the story is that an account "potripper" won a 1k tourney on absolute playing as if he could see peoples cards, his victory was sealed calling a large shove on the turn with T hi when his opponent held 9h2h for a flush draw "i put you on 92"

we know this is true because we received a log of the tournament FROM absolute which shows user 363 (number on the back). 363 was one of the accounts created on absolute during early stages of development, most users sequential ids are 5 or 6 digits. this account watched almost the entire tournament potripper played, except for the first 2 which were 2 of the only hands potripper ever folded.

This way a simple shirt with very few elements tells a complete story, if the person is interested you can tell them about doubledrag and graycat and the similar play that won 100's of thousands in cash games, or simply direct them to the prof at absolutepokercheats.com and the point of contention now seems to be whether to include that on the foxwoods design and/or the final design.

I posted an image of a business card above the quick poll, i think these would be good to give to interested people who want to see the hard data. At foxwoods a lot of people will be staying there and have computers, tell them they can watch the whole tournament the guy played and decide for themselves!

Anyways i think the best way to handle this is to have 5 people currently involved in the superuser thread to make some final decisions by wednesday night, i don't want to be one of those people but atm i nominate clayton, apefish, and municipal here (he made the original i put you logo)

but seriously

we are under a huge time crunch here foxwoods main event starts nov 7

edit: unrelated but mark seif finished 5th in the 1k buyin tournament at caesars this weekend, the sheet they had at caesars today read '5th place - Mark "un" Seif'

srsly
Old 10-15-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: unrelated but mark seif finished 5th in the 1k buyin tournament at caesars this weekend, the sheet they had at caesars today read '5th place - Mark "un" Seif'

srsly

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha that is awesome
Old 10-15-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted an image of a business card above the quick poll, i think these would be good to give to interested people who want to see the hard data. At foxwoods a lot of people will be staying there and have computers, tell them they can watch the whole tournament the guy played and decide for themselves!

[/ QUOTE ]

For the guys deciding, I think whatever design gets chosen should be something that make people curious and ask questions, and then people could hand out the cards, even if the simpler designs are more pleasing to the eye if they go unnoticed it's a waste of time having em printed up.

I think more emphasis should be put on the PXF replay link on the webpage too, it's pretty wowing. If anyone has any of the really damning hands they want made up in some sort of easy to read "advertising" fashion that will make people actually want to sign up to PXF to see the whole thing let me know.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:43 PM

Actually, the PXF is a great idea (maybe a tinyurl link to it on the shirt?). It is by far the easiest and most profound way of showing the cheating to someone with little knowledge or patience. It's also completely neutral (based on AP's own info), instead of Josem's site - which for all its information and integrity, still looks, at first glance, like it could easily be the home of a conspiracy theory nut.

(Again, I stress that the site is great, but if I didn't know anything about this, I would be skeptical upon seeing it.)
Old 10-15-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A cease and desist at the worst...
Old 10-15-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A cease and desist at the worst...

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean a seize and desist? Or are we done with those jokes already?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:58 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, the PXF is a great idea (maybe a tinyurl link to it on the shirt?). It is by far the easiest and most profound way of showing the cheating to someone with little knowledge or patience. It's also completely neutral (based on AP's own info), instead of Josem's site - which for all its information and integrity, still looks, at first glance, like it could easily be the home of a conspiracy theory nut.

(Again, I stress that the site is great, but if I didn't know anything about this, I would be skeptical upon seeing it.)

[/ QUOTE ]

if we choose to use apcheats.com there will be plenty of time to work with josem and put a lot of man hours into the site
Old 10-15-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
22 vpip and -360BB/100

?

must be fgators
Old 10-16-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if we choose to use apcheats.com there will be plenty of time to work with josem and put a lot of man hours into the site

[/ QUOTE ]
That's true, and I just caught up to the other thread, where this was explained. I'm sure our best minds can come up with some great, convincing, respectable stuff. I spoke too soon.
Closed Thread