Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: An Amazing Life

[ QUOTE ]
When was the last time that you have ever seen a Christian go to Jesus's grave?? Do we have annual pilgrimmages to the tomb of our savior?? I can promise you he's not in a grave somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is indeed powerful evidence that christians believe jesus did not die.

[ QUOTE ]
Nonbeliever's have been trying for 2000+ years to find the body of Christ without much luck. That ought to tell you something!

[/ QUOTE ]

first, i highly doubt it's been 2000+ years.

second, i'm not sure that it's true anyway. i don't really know when people starting looking or how hard they looked. you don't either.

third, if they did look hard and didn't find anything, it's hardly powerful evidence. bury someone in an unmarked grave and people can look for a million years and not identify him.

fourth, if at some point people did find his body, how hard would it be for christians to say "that can't be his body, it went to heaven"? so perhaps his body was found and to you it looks like it wasn't.

no idea why i waste my time. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not anti-theist huh? You said it so there must be some element of truth to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
What? This doesn't make a lick of sense. It was an inside joke that you have no context of. You are way out of your element here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to change the subject are you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, no. I am telling you the truth and trying to stop you from painting me the wrong color in a public forum based on something you have only superficial knowledge of. That seems like a fair and reasonable thing to me and I am sure everyone else here would agree.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many times have I said FAITH in Jesus Christ??

Faith is not a good enough answer for you is it tpir?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Brad1970 has faith that X is true" may be a good enough answer for you, but it isn't for most people. Can you blame us for not finding *your* faith to be a sufficient answer to the questions that the rest of us have about your religion?

You think we're just being obstinate and don't want to believe in your God. In reality, we're just trying to figure out if there's a rational reason *to* believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were raised Roman Catholic & were taught by the Jesuit priests weren't you? If you were paying attention during the mass & they were teaching you correctly from the Word of God, then there shouldn't be much for you to figure out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured out that what I was being force-fed a bunch of ancient myths that have somehow managed to make it into modern society. That's what I figured out.

However, unlike people such as yourself, I'm willing to entertain the idea that my conclusions might be wrong. I just haven't seen a single argument or piece of evidence brought forward that would make me re-evaluate my stance and change my mind.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They have? How would they be able to tell if they found it anyway? Seems like a silly endeavor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh. They would be able to tell by reading his gravestone. Sheesh.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What he means is why did you choose to have faith in THAT? You see the problem? Faith is meaningless, or at least EXTREMELY problematic the way you are using it. Its impossible to have faith in one thing without having faith in all things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have faith in THAT because it's what I believe. Its what Jesus did on the cross for mankind that makes me believe. I did not & will not read the Koran or a Hindu text or any of these thinker/physchology books that you like so much. I have all I need. If you've ever been really & truly blessed by the Holy Spirit you'd understand. I really don't know what else I can say.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not anti-theist huh? You said it so there must be some element of truth to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
What? This doesn't make a lick of sense. It was an inside joke that you have no context of. You are way out of your element here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to change the subject are you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, no. I am telling you the truth and trying to stop you from painting me the wrong color in a public forum based on something you have only superficial knowledge of. That seems like a fair and reasonable thing to me and I am sure everyone else here would agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

You tried to do that to me earlier remember??? With the Christ/Christian wording in a sentence?? You were being a real nit about it. Remember??
Old 09-21-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did not & will not read the Koran or a Hindu text or any of these thinker/physchology books that you like so much. I have all I need.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much sums up a large chuck of the Red States.
Beautifully, actually.

thanks, luckyme
Old 09-21-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did not & will not read the Koran or a Hindu text or any of these thinker/physchology books that you like so much. I have all I need.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't be offended, it's a serious question, but if the above is true, what do you get out of reading/participating in these threads?

Also, what lead to your beliefs? Was it a moment? A slow awakening over years? Can you remember or has it always been so?

I hope you don't think I am being aggressive/sarcastic/side taking or anything else.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have faith in THAT because it's what I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you believe it?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What he means is why did you choose to have faith in THAT? You see the problem? Faith is meaningless, or at least EXTREMELY problematic the way you are using it. Its impossible to have faith in one thing without having faith in all things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have faith in THAT because it's what I believe. Its what Jesus did on the cross for mankind that makes me believe. I did not & will not read the Koran or a Hindu text or any of these thinker/physchology books that you like so much. I have all I need. If you've ever been really & truly blessed by the Holy Spirit you'd understand. I really don't know what else I can say.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you come to believe in it in the first place? In other words, the reason you have faith in Jesus is because you believe in Jesus. So, why do you believe in Jesus?

Hint: you can't say faith.