Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which has been JaBlue's most embarrassing OP to date?
The one where he almost throws a jar of piss at a car 1 2.17%
The one where he can't be bothered to go to a funeral even though it means a lot to his dad 28 60.87%
The one where he wants to let snakes loose in a theater 2 4.35%
The one where he tells his grandmother to go [censored] herself 13 28.26%
Other (please specify) 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 04:54 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD***

[ QUOTE ]
Clayton, may I suggest lying to them?

That sounds bad, but seriously... Tell them you're an investment banker or a day trader or something like that. If you feel like women get hung up on the fact that you're a poker player than this will solve the problem until you can get a feel if they're good enough for you. If they are, and can accept your profession, then tell them the truth. If not, hit that [censored] before they find out, then wake them up with 12 Tables of 'DING DING CHIPCHIP SSHHHHiiiip it!'

[/ QUOTE ]

i am incapable of lying =/
Old 09-02-2007, 04:55 AM

goofyballer presents: tour of the bay area! Starting and ending in my beautiful new home of Menlo Park.

Google maps is the best (true that, double true!)
Old 09-02-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clayton, may I suggest bluffing them?

That sounds bad, but seriously... Tell them you're an investment banker or a day trader or something like that. If you feel like women get hung up on the fact that you're a poker player than this will solve the problem until you can get a feel if they're good enough for you. If they are, and can accept your profession, then tell them the truth. If not, hit that [censored] before they find out, then wake them up with 12 Tables of 'DING DING CHIPCHIP SSHHHHiiiip it!'

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP
Old 09-02-2007, 04:56 AM

Clayton, just tell them you are jesuz. It's not lying, and they'll be all up on ya.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The only advice I will give with regards to the bay area, is get ready For some ridiculous Traffic/cost Of living. Pretty amazing city to be around, but be prepared to pay for it and Stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

k [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2007, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The only advice I will give with regards to the bay area, is get ready For some ridiculous Traffic/cost Of living. Pretty amazing city to be around, but be prepared to pay for it and Stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

k [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is awesome.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:02 AM

son of a god dnaem git
Old 09-02-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
surely there are some ssnl'ers that can relate. everywhere i go and everyone i interact with, i try to keep the "poker player" thing under wraps because it seems like around my state "poker" is a worse connotation than "drug addict".

but eventually with any girl i know its gonna come out. yes, im taking a year off from school. yes, i'm travelling a fair amount.

yes, i know what to do with my life (WTF). no, please dont give me an article on lottery winners who pissed their lives away.

WHY MUST I SHUN MY ENTIRE LIVELYHOOD, ITS LIFETILTING THE [censored] OUT OF ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a (insert title of study here) taking a year off to travel and explore life/yourself/your youth whatever ... that is cool on the chick-O-meter.

But yeah, we take great pride in our pokerskills, but let the ones that can judge them be the one you display you stuff to (ie. 2+2ers)

I can relate, used to talk about poker to everyone before I finally beyond doubt proved myself as a winner and capable of living good of this game. Now I just keep my mouth shut except when talking to the closest ring of friend/family.

The thing is, usually you will get the you are going to hell boy reaction and ... but on the other hand, I am not sure that people realizing just how much money you make is a good thing either.

But then again, you're 'rich' ..... if this annoys you, you can always give up poker in order to get your peers respect (Girls need not to know everything .. at least at first .... and go for brains instead of looks (tho get both ... preferably with a big pair of boobs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

(Btw if it is not clear, I keep the poker thing under wraps, cos it is nobodys business that I'm pulling in an hourly of 5+ times their hourly shuffling cards while they bust their ass on some crappy job, usually really bad karma when they realize this)
Old 09-02-2007, 06:15 AM

shpanko -

OUCH! Great story though. You have some humility to tell the truth on that one. Not sure why the fact that you went for a drunken piggy back and immediately faced planted yourself into the hospital and out of her bed isn't getting WAY more run in here. I mean, I may have literally died laughing if I saw that go down.

ps - I am sorry for laughing at you when you're hospitalized, I realize it's in kind of poor taste. But, it's funny! I do hope you heal up quickly and that you can manage to parlay into getting into the girl's pants. Maybe you'll have a badass lookin scar and you can tell people it's from Kimbo Slice.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:25 AM

clayton. come live with me and snowbank as we dominate online msnl
Closed Thread