Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Bad Moments in Great Films

[ QUOTE ]

But as far as Sonny goes, he was missing his brother in law by a full, thick nine inches or so in that scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, this is how they describe his dick in the book!

Also, to the guy talking about Top Gun:

a) Top Gun isn't a good movie. It's cheesy Bruckheimer queer-fest
b) Tom Cruise wasn't trying to act "hard" in that scene. He was feigning hardness, but acting intimidated by Iceman. How was that not obvious?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:42 PM

wtf, the dead [censored] storage scene is awesome and definitely a classic. "Damn Jimmy! This some serious gourmet [censored]!"
Old 09-02-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol Rushmore, that might be the dumbest [censored] thing I've ever read. Just stop posting, you're an awful person.

[/ QUOTE ]

god what a worthless troll or angst filled emo kid...
Old 09-02-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf, the dead [censored] storage scene is awesome and definitely a classic. "Damn Jimmy! This some serious gourmet [censored]!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh huh. Tell you what. You go find a bad mother [censored] black hitman and start calling black people the N word in front of him, then come back and post your trip report.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sonny's missed punches always bother me for a second, but then I see him smash the garbage can on the guy and all is forgiven

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, touche

Flywf:

[ QUOTE ]

I give old movies a lot of leeway on that kind of stuff. Not only did they have to deal with censors who were harder on violence, it wasn't until the 1970s that we really figured out how to make movies. That's just being nitty(and I'm a massive nit. It bothered me in the most recent James Bond movie that the chip counts were all [censored] up in the poker game)

[/ QUOTE ]

I try to as well but for whatever reason those two scenes get to me. I am a bit of a nit though...
Old 09-02-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh huh. Tell you what. You go find a bad mother [censored] black hitman and start calling black people the N word in front of him, then come back and post your trip report.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I am not a huge fan of this Tarantino need to use the word as often as possible, or, perhaps worse, to appear in his own films, but I am fairly confident there is a particular sub-sub culture where this is relatively commonplace, and does not carry the same potentially deadly consequences that it might if Pulp Fiction were set in New York, rather than L.A.

Long sentence. Sorry.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:11 PM

It's called Pulp Fiction, it's not supposed to represent real-life. In the movie's universe people call people [censored]. It's not that crazy, is it?
Old 09-02-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I am not a huge fan of this Tarantino need to use the word as often as possible, or, perhaps worse, to appear in his own films, but I am fairly confident there is a particular sub-sub culture where this is relatively commonplace, and does not carry the same potentially deadly consequences that it might if Pulp Fiction were set in New York, rather than L.A.

Long sentence. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that the word carries less weight, but that some people can get away with saying it in front of someone like Jules. If someone off the street said it to him, I'd assume he'd be less complacent about it.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not that the word carries less weight, but that some people can get away with saying it in front of someone like Jules.

[/ QUOTE ]

QT's character is the epitomy of NOT that kind of guy.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's called Pulp Fiction, it's not supposed to represent real-life. In the movie's universe people call people [censored]. It's not that crazy, is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but to me at least a lot of the interaction between QT and Jules seemed off. Jules does refer to him as a partner but isn't QT's character basically a civilian?

He at least has some inkling that Jules is a bad mother [censored] (and is not having a great day) and yet is giving off serious attitude when saying 'You have to make some phone calls? Then do it! (or whatever, my quoting abilities are limited)

Dunno, to me it just seemed like QT wanted to appear a hard ass in his own movie and throw in an N-word or two.

edit: more succinctly put above