Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Prop bet thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That 226 to 200 bet is soooooooo easy.

That's the type of bet a busto college kid like me could essentially bet the net worth on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet my entire roll that I could lose 60 pounds in 7 weeks...26 pounds is nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weight and height?

[/ QUOTE ]

300 pounds and 6'3

Set a line and I might be interested.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:20 AM

Some more I am interested in:

1v1 basketball vs pretty much any girl in the world (my highest level bball played is an intramural college league, will give odds if best you can find is D1 bench player or something). I have never played with a D1 level or higher girl that I know of.

2v2 Ultimate frisbee against any girls in the world with a guy on my team who just started playing competitive ultimate this year, like me.

1v1 soccer vs really tough (not world class, maybe close) girls (highest played soccer level is jv highschool)

Some "only fast food (+vitamins)" bets with weight or body fat and/or sport performance stipulations, where you can only eat fast food for a period of time and have to still maintain a certain level of fitness.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
talent: What sort of money are you willing to wager on your girls? 7 17yo guys v 11 17yo girls we're talking. If my friends in Portland have youth soccer league connections, I'll be willing to bet very big on this.

All: Anyone willing to take any strength/endurance bets vs. shemp, I'll be willing to measure them for some small fee (I mean like pay for my meals during the period).

quids: How much for the KFC bet?

pete: You won't ever run this bet, but I like Nate's side a lot.

J: Maybe tennis might be tougher for me. I didn't realize your old ass was in such good shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

El D, I wouldnt do it for anything less than 15 or 20k, for 30 days. It wouldnt be an easy month, as Im sure id break out, smell like friend chicken 24/7, and have no energy.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO memorization prop bets can be pretty deceptive to handicap.

For example, odds on memorizing King Lear word-for-word in 1 month?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to bet even money I can repeat the first 200 digits of pi, and with some odds the first 500 and 1000.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd take a 3W, 7i and SW. Although most people don't believe it, your 3W goes nearly as far as your 1W. You can putt with the blade of your 7i or SW, whichever has a flatter sole. It's not nearly as hard as you think it is. Just practice it for like 5 minutes before the round.

[/ QUOTE ]

In previous discussions that I've seen, not taking a putter has been regarded as a pretty disastrous decision. People have a hard enough time putting with a specialized club - trying to do it with the blade of a 7i is probably going to cost a lot more strokes than teeing off with a 5i.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. I'd think since high handicappers do so much two- and three-putting anyway, using a wood or a wedge or a 3-iron isn't going to have that big of an effect on their score, as long as they spend a few minutes with it on the practice green before the round.

-McGee
Old 07-27-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1v1 basketball vs pretty much any girl in the world (my highest level bball played is an intramural college league, will give odds if best you can find is D1 bench player or something). I have never played with a D1 level or higher girl that I know of.

2v2 Ultimate frisbee against any girls in the world with a guy on my team who just started playing competitive ultimate this year, like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we could get the right women, I'd definitely take you up on this.

-McGee
Old 07-27-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm willing to bet even money I can repeat the first 200 digits of pi, and with some odds the first 500 and 1000.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not as hard as you'd think. I did a couple hundred of pi back when I was in college over a week or two (don't remember exactly). No good reason. I was just really bored.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not as hard as you'd think. I did a couple hundred of pi back when I was in college over a week or two (don't remember exactly). No good reason. I was just really bored.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, back in the days, I did it on an afternoon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the pi thing in response to Lear is like being challenged to juggle 4 bowling balls and countering that you're willing to try 3 oranges. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Not to mention that there are insanely effective techniques for memorizing lists of numbers. I'm not aware of anything like that for Shakespeare.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:16 PM

x-posted this in my blog for anyone interested
[ QUOTE ]
I have always been a good student, but last year I really slacked and got pretty [censored] grades, since I am in a fairly good program and don't want my parents to kill me. I want to make a bet for around $1k, but could go higher regarding my ability to go to class. My schedule looks like this
Monday
1--230
230-4
530-7

Tuesday--Wednesday
1-230
230--4

Thursday
1-230
230-4
4-530

No class Friday.
Also if I make this bet I am Jewish and will not be at class for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, furthermore I am going to WPT Fallsview even if that means I will miss class so all of those will be factored before I make the bet. Again if you have ideas send me a message on AIM.

[/ QUOTE ]