Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group Two: 2 vs 6
Spiderman 2 95 69.85%
Men in Black 41 30.15%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Convince me to stake you (#2)

Also I have well over 100 PMs from people. You all have taken the time to PM me so I am taking the time to respond to every single PM sent. If you haven't gotten a response yet... ehh I guess I'll skip my session and work on them for the next couple hours [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Greg

PS. The last PM I have is from 9:35 PM so if you sent after that please resend.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:28 AM

Im pretty sure my last month speaks for itself.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:30 AM

basically i beat 50NL at party for 9ptbb/100 while living in England this past year. I was doing well at 100NL until i had to move back to the US. All my $$$ is still in my Party account and I am waiting for my brother in England to get a bank account so I can take my money out. Until then, I have no money to put into an American poker site so I am relegated to posting on 2p2 and reading poker books.

I have a strong desire to get better and have been working hard on my game to improve. If you are serious about staking and coaching someone hit me up.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:20 AM

I went "pro" two years ago playing exclusively limit. I won consistently (though slightly) through 5/10 until I had two bad months at limit and decided to only play NL.

I've played NL exclusively for the past two months and am a small winner over 100k hands. I was very bad at folding strong hands when I started because of my limit background so I decided that I should short stack buying in for only 1/2 a buyin. Only for the past 14k have I been buying in full and I have been getting better and running better.

I have around 10K online over 3 sites so I am overrolled, but Im interested in an arrangement to force me to improve, and play 1/2 when you say I am.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:31 AM

I'm a knowledge junkie and a player. I absorb everything there is to know about a subject and try to obliterate the competition. People said about Bobby Fischer that he would break into tears if he lost a casual blitz game, and I have that streak in myself.

I'm currently a low limit professional looking to move up and [most importantly] learn more about the game. I play 100NL/200NL to pay the bills, but moving up is frustrating when the bankroll has to shrink every month for the payments.

But it's not about the money. Other things I've mastered:

Skiing + Snowboarding. Used to be an instructor and racer for both. Was out on the hill literally 7 days a week.

Chess. I play at a master level, know 12+ moves of theory in nearly any given direction. The reason I quit was because I'd have to travel 500+ miles for competition. Crushing local tournaments is no fun.

Women. Some people cry about their 'luck' or wonder why women don't like them. I learned how to become a pickup artist. Read an infinite amount of literature, practiced on an infinite amount of women. Complete strangers to naked in ~5-8 hours of spending time together (either in one day or spread over several), consistently.

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of an obsessive compulsive. Do I need your help? Nope. Want it? *Absolutely*. Getting hands on advice from someone I already respect (your posting hands for learning in SSNL) would be fantastic. It'd be nice for you not to have your advice fall on deaf ears and to have someone who worked endlessly towards the goal. The generosity of your gift should be matched by the quality of the recipient, whomever you chose.

Fist
Old 07-12-2007, 02:33 AM

i still don't understand why we don't decide this by post count
Old 07-12-2007, 03:06 AM

if you stake me i will most likely shortstack highest NL room possible.

I will probably bluff off all your monies.

on that note, shipppp doze monies to big dshan.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:11 AM

i sent u a pm. staking is somewhat insane. but i don't know it's worth a shot i suppose. also, how come i can never see the pms i sent.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:50 AM

OK I just answered prob 140 PMs. I'm exhausted and going to bed. There are about 10 PMs I did not answer, either because I cannot open my eyes or I wanted to think about my response more.

To those that posted here but did not send a PM: Please send one. Even if it just says I posted here. Thanks.

To those that want me to contact them over PM/etc: It's not my priviledge to stake you... it's the other way around. Show some initiative.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:02 AM

i don't play ring games just donkaments.. i've had moderate success at them with some 4/180 man wins and a 3200 3r cash recently. i've thought about making the switch from donkament to ring but i don't really know how the game changes and the amount of work necessary seems monumental especially if i get going down the wrong direction.