Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Hellmuth Webcast with hole cards - going for #11

[ QUOTE ]
DOYLE HAS A BRACELET IN FREAKING MIXED DOUBLES, come on now people, enough with all of this crap. Doyle played against 20 and 30 people back in his day, this crap has to stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could remember the numbers, but during the webcast (I think in the post-tourney interview with Robert Williamson, but it may have been a little earlier during heads up or three-handed play), Phil's stats were brought up, and his cash % in WSOP was very high. He's cashed 60 times, and I believe it was something like 25%+ cashing. But I don't remember exactly, and I can't figure out how to access the promised archives.

-Z
Old 06-12-2007, 04:32 PM

Here's a pretty good interview. Didn't wanna start a new thread so I'll put it here
http://www.pokerlistings.com/poker-p...muth-in-heaven
Old 06-12-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DOYLE HAS A BRACELET IN FREAKING MIXED DOUBLES, come on now people, enough with all of this crap. Doyle played against 20 and 30 people back in his day, this crap has to stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to bring this fact up to people also. Doyle really only has 9.5
Old 06-12-2007, 09:04 PM

Hey, people, Tiger Woods is just a good golf TOURNAMENT PLAYER. He's not the best golf player. TOURNAMENTS dont mean anything. I know this guy, Splunky, who plays video golf and he is way better than Tiger. Splunky says live golf tournaments dont matter. Splunky went to a big golf tournament but he had a tummy ache and he missed his mommy and his excema acted up and he didnt golf his best game. But he went on the internet afterwards and told everybody else he was still the best, that tournaments dont prove anything. Splunky is 21 and rarely gets action but he says he is the best at everything.

Does this made-up analogy sound familiar?

My joking here is over. HELLMUTH has a complete game. Few people do. Cunningham does. Tournaments are where rivalries are settled and champions are crowned. Winning multiple bracelets is supposed to end the trash-talking, not spark it. And Negreanu is not a "dinosaur" (as some people on this board have said). He is 32. 32 is two years younger than the average age of humans living on Earth. If he is younger than average, that means he is not old and, most certainly not a dinosaur.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't it Cabanillas who denied Phil the O8 bracelet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Different tournament. Cabanillas won heads-up against Hellmuth last year in the 5K NLHE. Hellmuth also made a final table that year in Omaha Hi/Lo, where I think he finished sixth or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil came in 2nd to Scotty in O8 in I believe 2001. Phil had a huge lead headup and Scotty then proceeded to talk smack, catch a couple cards, and absolutely BBQ him.

Search for Andy Glazer's FT report; it's a masterpiece.

Phil finished 6th in the ME that year, and also beat TJ headup in a preliminary NLHE event.

He also (ahem!) finished 9th (cough!) in the stud hi/lo event (*clears throat*).... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]