Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Several Hotshots Supposedly Broke Or In Debt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Jennifer Harman same thing. But she has many properties in town and has a fortune in real estate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hasn't LV real estate tanked over the last 2 years?

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah but tanking if you are worth 8 figures still can't be too bad...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brad Booth in debt over a Million. Guy is major busto

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the stories of how this guy throws money away, this wouldn't surprise me at all.

[/ QUOTE ]let's hear some stories

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

LV Real Estate peaked just over a year ago, and that was after a huge surge in the market over the last five years. A lot of $100,000 houses in LV in 1995 are worth more than double that now.

The market has dropped slightly the last year, but the bottom hasn't fallen out yet. However, expect to see a steady decline in prices over the next two years, especially with the amount of condos going up around the strip and the ones that are there now that are sitting empty.

Also, Jen Harman was playing in the big game in Bobby's room last weekend. They were 5 handed, it was her, Barry, some amateur who looked like he was stuck a lot and had been playing forever, and some kid from a WSOP final table last year of the year before.

That being said, I don't think she's busto, and even if she were, it would mean bankroll busto, not life-money-assets busto.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I bought a house for 100k in 1995 and it was only worth 200k now, I'd strongly consider moving out of the depressed area I was in. Especially in LV, (until the last year or so), doubling your home value in 5-7 years or less was pretty common. Hell, my wife is freindss with a couple in Phoenix who bought their house for 275k, and 2 years later sold it for 680k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize how outrageous it is for a home to double in value every five years?

FTR, it's very uncommon for a lot of homes to double in value over a five year period if your look at the United States as a whole.

I mean, that's like saying, you bought a house for $200,000 in 1997 and could sell it for $800,000 in 2007. If I stuck $200,000 into a mutual fund I'd be thrilled if it made it to $400,000 within 10 years.

Yes, some markets have experienced this kind fo growth over the last 10-20 years, but not consistently, and they're the anomaly, not the standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Outrageous or not, that's what was happening for a long time, although many areas are in steep decline now, of course; kinda like the stock market 1992-2000.

Also, you might wanna get a better financial advisor then if doubling in ten years is good for you.. with just an 8% avg return, (below stock markets normal return), 100k turns into just over 230k in tens years. With a 12% return, ( which I believe is market avg, or at least was), it's more like 359k. Doubling in ten years is ~ a 6.7% ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer below market average returns in favor of less variance and a lower risk of ruin.

Point taken though.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer below market average returns in favor of less variance and a lower risk of ruin.

Point taken though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This astounds me, coming from you.

BTW, you're a much better poster now, don't think we haven't noticed. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2007, 03:36 AM

Isn't it great to hear that Brandi isn't broke?
Old 05-30-2007, 03:48 AM

David,

You are one lame old man and I'd much rather be any of these broke hotshots than be your panzy ass. You take great comfort in these big famous names, who get to make money off TV deals and bone D list celebrities, when they go broke. You remind me of my HS chemistry teacher who had a PHD in chemistry, you consistently tell everyone (I read a few recent posts of yours in the finance forums) that you are a lazy genius, and quite frankly I admire the scrappy idiot or the John Robert Belland's of the world more than I admire you and your advanced yet waste of space intellect.

This is the lamest piece of gossip ever, made even more lame by the fact that you refuse to out anyone yet state that Guy staked one of these big losers. Great David, the whole [censored] world knows that Guy stakes Booth, you are a BIG MAN for keeping names out of this thread.

How about you leave NVG until you come back with actual gossip that people might care about? And while we're on the topic, how about you show a little courtesy for the players you sit with in cash games? You annoy everyone endlessly when you constantly leave the table to go check on horses/Brandi.

"Who knows the great enthusiams, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who have never known neither victory nor defeat." teddy r

These hotshots might be broke, but at least they probably went down with a fight and had some life to their step and are not spending their entire life underachieving.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:02 AM

oh snap
Old 05-30-2007, 04:06 AM

huh all I can say is.... wow that was unexpected coming from strassa, but was pretty koool
Old 05-30-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
David,

You are one lame old man and I'd much rather be any of these broke hotshots than be your panzy ass. You take great comfort in these big famous names, who get to make money off TV deals and bone D list celebrities, when they go broke. You remind me of my HS chemistry teacher who had a PHD in chemistry, you consistently tell everyone (I read a few recent posts of yours in the finance forums) that you are a lazy genius, and quite frankly I admire the scrappy idiot or the John Robert Belland's of the world more than I admire you and your advanced yet waste of space intellect.

This is the lamest piece of gossip ever, made even more lame by the fact that you refuse to out anyone yet state that Guy staked one of these big losers. Great David, the whole [censored] world knows that Guy stakes Booth, you are a BIG MAN for keeping names out of this thread.

How about you leave NVG until you come back with actual gossip that people might care about? And while we're on the topic, how about you show a little courtesy for the players you sit with in cash games? You annoy everyone endlessly when you constantly leave the table to go check on horses/Brandi.

"Who knows the great enthusiams, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who have never known neither victory nor defeat." teddy r

These hotshots might be broke, but at least they probably went down with a fight and had some life to their step and are not spending their entire life underachieving.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're not being ironic or anything b/c this is a great post.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh snap

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-30-2007, 04:07 AM

This thread just got better.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:09 AM

What Strassa said.