Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather:
Play in a serious game of dodgeball once every two months for the next 15 years. 30 56.60%
Not. 23 43.40%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2007, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Electron microscope analysis of steel spheres from WTC site

[ QUOTE ]
What about all the other inferiorly built skyscrapers that burnt for much longer with hotter fires but did not fall?

[/ QUOTE ]

What about all the other girls prettier than you that blew me? Why aren't you the same? (Not you you Jono, an imaginary babe.)

Why would you assume the situations are comparable? That takes intensive scrutiny and testing of the wreckage.

The other fires were not caused by explosive collision with an airborne freight train.

Here's why that is important, not just glib rhetoric:

Reports from the wreckage are that the fireproof insulation coating the load bearing members was blown off (surprise, surprise). So the beams were much more exposed than in other fires. (And about six months ago, there was a freeway that fell down after a gas tanker went up under it.)

So Jono, what do you make of three things that have been raised to you:

1. Failure can occur well before melting point.

2. The fuel was burned off anyway in ten minutes, so hotter, paper and furniture fire kept going.

3. The fireproofing was blown off, exposing steal.

Finally, please tell us you will think about and engage THESE THREE points, before flitting off to a new argument like the stupid people do.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your use of sarcasm to try to divert attention away from my post only strengthens my position. I am providing data and research, not weak humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

then, with the posting of this image, let me declare to the world:

the government fooled most of the people this time, but not jono. his all-encompassing mastery of science and engineering combined with cold hard logic have exposed the truth, and his gripping argument will stand forever as a testament to his towering intellect.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:22 AM

Kaj, I just addressed all the issues you posted. Namely

how hot the fires burned at
how much load rating the steel had
how weak the steel was at this temperature
Old 08-15-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except the issue is...the extent of the structural damage when the big, [censored], plane hit the building.

But I digress, I'm working on an Internet discussion board approach consisting mainly of: "Never argue with a fool" (on accounta what the audience thinks).

What I really wanted to say is this thread might be better than "Dinosaurs on Mars" which inevitably lead posts detailing Noah's bestseller (twenty-four weeks as number 1) "The Capture and Care of Baby Dinos". That thread made me laugh though.

But this one gets props for:
<ul type="square">[*]Captain Insano arguing strategies.[*]The use of my uber-uncommon name in at least four different posts (not in reference to something I said though).[*]The fact that, if you believe Noah packed baby dinos on his ark (or in Noah for that matter) I can think you're an idiot but...you might be right. Whereas, if you believe the government actually put this together, I know you're an idiot. [*]I get to use bullets.[/list]
Anyway, thanks guys, I always appreciate it. Need to get some sleep now (I'll be exposing the Oprah/Jennifer Tilly/Rush Limbaugh cover-up of James Brown's death tomorrow...gotta get my ducks in a row).
Old 08-15-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No you didn't at all.

The steel engineer just said in my post that steel has about 10% of its original strength at 1800F, which is about where they figured the fire was at with exposed steel members (no fire-proof insulation). Your retort is a 6x safety factor? Do some quick math.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:27 AM

Zelikow background
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuoQZkBFj9A

Zelikow confronted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XQWBQKsqBU
Old 08-18-2007, 08:23 AM

I have my opinions on the subject, but the only thing really in depth I've watched on it is 9-11 Mysteries

just thought I'd share the link
Old 08-18-2007, 03:17 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post11431587

Clearly Nielsio isnt above buying into conspiracy theories that fit his agenda, without evidence

(Im not saying thats necessarily the case in this thread, though)
Old 08-18-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zelikow background
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuoQZkBFj9A

[/ QUOTE ]

Nielsio, what in that vid demonstrates that steel isn't weakened by building fires sufficiently for failure??? This is more smokescreen CRAP. Stick to the f-ing topic.

You say, "fires can't melt steal."
We say, "fires can weaken it enough to bend, and every metallurgist in the world knows it."
And you respond, "there's this guy that headed the 911 commission, and here's a vid showing he's got a really shady background..." It's just infuriating that you demand to be taken seriously on this board, but ALWAYS switch subjects when you get jacked up. Which is the whole method of conspiracies... you are trapped inside circles inside circles of thought.

But thanks for an amusing link. My favorite line: In 1998, Zelikow wrote for Foreign Affairs the article "Catastrophic Terrorism, Imagining the Transformative Event," "and the Pearl Harbor like event [911] occurred just three years later."
Old 08-19-2007, 07:04 AM

Interview with Colonel David Hunt on 9/11

"Everyone seems to want to pick on Bin Laden. I think he's an easy target. I'm not too sure yet, that it is. We still have to answer the question who's supporting these people...<font color="red">But we've got state sponsored terrorism. This was such a well planned deal, I would find it difficult to believe that this was done by just a terrorist organisation. This takes inside information. This takes a lot of planning and pin point execution.</font>"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8164&amp;hl=nl
http://www.archive.org/details/fox5200109112348-0030

Colonel David Hunt has over 29 years of military experience, including extensive operational experience in Special Operations, Counter Terrorism and Intelligence Operations. Most recently, Colonel Hunt served as Tactical Advisor in Bosnia where he facilitated all national intelligence matters for the Commander in Chief, as well as coordinating a $350,000,000 national security program for the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency in 1997.

Prior to this, he served as counter terrorism coordinator to the Summer Olympic Games in Seoul, Korea. In this capacity, David Hunt planned, choreographed and implemented the first United States national response for an Olympic event in Korea in conjunction with Korean National Intelligence and the Korean Crisis Response Agency as the counter-terrorist coordinator.

His role as a leader began with a Special Forces Operational Detachment of 12 soldiers, expanding to command a brigade of over 1,000 personnel. He received his Master's degree in English from Norwich University in 1981, and later graduated from the John F. Kennedy School of Government in Harvard University in 1991.

David Hunt has lectured for the Federal Bureau of Investigation Academy, the Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency, and several other high profile agencies, as well as state and local police officials.

Recently, he has shared his expertise in over 200 televised interviews on Operation Iraqi Freedom. Bill O'Reilly of the "O'Reilly Factor" called David Hunt the "Best Military Analyst in the Business" and Fox's "Go to Guy on the War.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,37309,00.html