Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Office 5/17 hour long season finale **starts 8pm est**

Shrute bucks
Old 05-18-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
surprised everyone is so anti-relationship shows. Not sure if you're aware, but this show was pretty much already a relationship show.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was, but for a very specific type of relationship. The kind where you joke around with someone cute and funny but not gorgeous at work because they're the only person sane and about your age who doesn't drink the corporate Kool-Aid. And then you develop a crush on them. They did that exactly right. I doubt that this specific subtext, once it's the focus and given a capital "R," will be nearly as entertaining.

[ QUOTE ]
Also...how can anyone like Karen more than Pam? WTF!

[/ QUOTE ]

Super hot, exotic looking, full of sarcasm and wit, intelligent, likes video games, yeah, WTF is up with the appeal?
Old 05-18-2007, 10:26 AM

Someone get me a Schrute Buck jpg stat so I can start handing out 8.5 x 11s to my direct reports.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:30 AM

He had an MBA, thus his "skyrocket." It's not like he went from Intern to Corporate without finishing his MBA, he obviously finished it.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:31 AM

Jan was way hotter pre boob job imo
Old 05-18-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys who are seriously deconstructing these events are making my head hurt. I bet you're a blast IRL. They are allowed to take a few liberties in the spirit of comedy if the punch line is as awesome as Ryan getting the corporate job. Get a grip, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

SD FTW again.

This thread is really retarded. You're not watching Lost guys, there's no reason to look that deep into the editing of the show. Also, I love reading the reasons why it's not feasible for Ryan to get that job from people who probably have never worked in corporate jobs before.

I loved the episode last night, because the end delivered exactly what most shows wouldn't - actual closure and answers. It would have been pretty easy to have the cliffhanger be "will Jim take the job", "Pam or Karen", etc, and just when it's heading that way they pull out the scene at the end. Just perfect.

A scene that I thought was funny for its subtletly last night was the scene where Pam talks to Karen in the lunch room, because Toby is in the background, and Pam goes ahead with her semi-private apology/clarification to Karen like he isn't even in the room. Not sure if that was even intentional comedy but I thought it was funny.

Also liked Andy's description of the capitol of Maine.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys who are seriously deconstructing these events are making my head hurt. I bet you're a blast IRL. They are allowed to take a few liberties in the spirit of comedy if the punch line is as awesome as Ryan getting the corporate job. Get a grip, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 05-18-2007, 11:31 AM

Why is it that every sitcom has to have a subplot of two people who who are into each other, but just can't manage to get together?

I think the show will be fine with Jim and Pam dating. The show is about the overall interaction of everyone in the office, not just Jim and Pam. Jim can get back to pranking Dwight with Pam as his accomplice, something Karen never got into.

To all thosw people nitting these threads up with "How can Ryan get the job?" or "How does Michael not get fired?": It's a SITUATION COMEDY!!! If everything was logical, it would be a drama.

As for Pam vs. Karen; both are cute, have great personalities, but who would you rather see in a bikini?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To all thosw people nitting these threads up with "How can Ryan get the job?" or "How does Michael not get fired?": It's a SITUATION COMEDY!!! If everything was logical, it would be a drama.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. Like 24.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:42 AM

FWIW Ryan is also the supervising producer and writer on the show, so its doubtful he will be gone completely. And Ryan, who was forced to make Michael coffee this episode, is now Michael's boss.

I think Karen will be back for at least a few episodes this season, though I don't think it'll become a cat fight, more like Karen dating someone else that makes Jim jealous or something.