Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: ~Official May Turning Stone ECPC Thread~

can someone on break tell me if u see HIV or give me HIV/bakes/room# i forgot it cuz i suck.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude nath how are u gonna be here all day and i dont run into you once? lol see ya tmrw.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't there all day, I left at like 12:30. I'm driving back for the 500 now.

[/ QUOTE ]

5th or 6th hand of tourney.
3k eff stacks. Button makes it 200. I make it 500 from bb with AsQc Flop 9d6d3c I bet 600 bb jams, i snap call. BB shows TdQd turn 8s I go, no way I win now, river Jd kabusto.

Can someone at TS tell me they saw HIV enter the tourney I need to have faith that my horses can actually wakeup after I last 10minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're a good player so I'm curious to get a little insight on this. It seems a little a little excessive to reraise to 1/6 of your stack OOP with a hand as vulnerable as AQo this early in the tournament--you don't even have fold equity preflop. It seems to me with these stacks that action like that sticks you in a very uncomfortable place. Do you feel differently?
Old 05-11-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude nath how are u gonna be here all day and i dont run into you once? lol see ya tmrw.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3k eff stacks. Button makes it 200. I make it 500 from bb with AsQc Flop 9d6d3c I bet 600 bb jams, i snap call. BB shows TdQd turn 8s I go, no way I win now, river Jd kabusto.

Can someone at TS tell me they saw HIV enter the tourney I need to have faith that my horses can actually wakeup after I last 10minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're a good player so I'm curious to get a little insight on this. It seems a little a little excessive to reraise to 1/6 of your stack OOP with a hand as vulnerable as AQo this early in the tournament. It seems to me with these stacks that action like that sticks you in a very uncomfortable place. Do you feel differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant to make it 600 fwiw.
He raised from button (imagine button ever having hand)
He's probably an idiot. (Its a live tourney and he isn't a young looking guy i recognize)
I have AQ.
Have you heard of grimstarr?
Old 05-11-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're a good player so I'm curious to get a little insight on this. It seems a little a little excessive to reraise to 1/6 of your stack OOP with a hand as vulnerable as AQo this early in the tournament. It seems to me with these stacks that action like that sticks you in a very uncomfortable place. Do you feel differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's probably an idiot. (Its a live tourney and he isn't a young looking guy i recognize)
I have AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard of grimstarr but I don't know much about him so I don't get the reference. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard of grimstarr but I don't know much about him so I don't get the reference. Thanks for the reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ is the grimstarr
Old 05-11-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Think I might have been at your table...what table was this at?

[/ QUOTE ]

Table 7...

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh..45 mins in i got moved to 14 and was there until busto
Old 05-11-2007, 06:16 PM

busto in like 22nd sigh. one guy went from 400 chips at 400/800/100 to 14k in an orbit thanks to mostly me his A5o>my 99> some other 66, next hand my Kh10d loses to his A3ss on Qd9d8d board and then. I then doubled him up later again with K9s vs AJo I turn SF draw with pair outs brickk.

Was down to like 17k 800/1600/200 MP3 raises to 4k I call with A3s with plans to sng A75 flop I shove he calls 77 gggggg.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:31 PM

GL HIV!
Old 05-11-2007, 06:33 PM

btw going to rodizio in like 20min and sinbad after just stop by.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:16 PM

I pulled a 20+ hour session playing 1000max at a great table where I didn't run well and finished down close to 2 buyins I think. I missed the 500 tourney because the game broke when the tourney started and I'd been up for a very long time. My friends slept in and missed registration, so we just said f it and left, I'm on the train home now. Very unsuccessful and unsatisfying trip, though it was nice meeting and talking to some of you guys. Here's a fun hand from the cash game i was in, details might be a little off.

There is a blind raise to 20, blind reraise to 30, blind raise to 60, once the cards are dealt crazy station guy looks at one card and makes it like 170? I cold call with A9o in LP, I don't think there are any more callers, and it folds around to one of the blinds or blind raisers who pushes in for 1200 ish or something. I am calling fairly quickly here if it folds to me I think. (KingDan on 2+2 I'm pretty sure I heard him or someone else say) Anyway, it folds to the guy who looked at one card, he moves in for 1400 ish. I agonize and fold after some thought, mostly because I had barely any more cash and I really wanted to stay in action, also considering that KingDan might push here with a real hand making it look like a gigantic squeeze, and the other guy could have a hand I guess. I was ready to gamble but I was short on funds. If theres another 2k in my pocket I call probably. Anyway, KingDan tables 56o and the other guy shows Q9o and I take a walk around the poker room. I return to see 56 scoop the pot with a pair of 5s, and this result makes me somewhat happy though I still in some way wish I called.