Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: A quick question for AC Peeps: Market failure

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How would this someone come to possession of the lake? When the state does not own it, where would this someone buy it from? Or how could one claim it?

[/ QUOTE ]

How does one own anything else? Are you suggesting there is something unique about lakes that makes them unownable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Global warming is in my environments stealing my lake.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:14 AM

Fwiw my neighbor owns a small manmade lake. He stocks it with fish and has let me fish off the banks from time to time. The lucky SOB turned out to own property overtop some massive underwater spring that feeds a major river.

I own about a 1/4 mile of a stream that runs out of that lake.

Water ownership rights are just as simple as land ownership rights. The government simply has to disband its park authorities thus relinquishing its state ownership of rivers and lakes and let bordering properties settle who owns what.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:07 PM

I realize that the unquestioned greatness of the free market is pretty self-evident to most ACers, and I realize that this is a topic that gets brought up frequently and you don't all want to rehash the same points, however perhaps you could try not responding if you don't want to write reasoned arguments and leave them to someone that does. This whole thread is ACer after ACer making one-line snarky comments rather than intelligently discussing the issues being brought up.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I realize that the unquestioned greatness of gravity is pretty self-evident to most ACers, and I realize that this is a topic that gets brought up frequently and you don't all want to rehash the same points, however perhaps you could try not responding if you don't want to write reasoned arguments and leave them to someone that does. This whole thread is ACer after ACer making one-line snarky comments rather than intelligently discussing the issues being brought up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your tired of the "go outside and toss something up in the air and see what happens" argument?