Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Movies You Like Nobody Believes Are Good

[ QUOTE ]
Con-air is a classic with a great cast, but everyone thinks its a crappy b-grade [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a reason for that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Con Air and Armageddon basically started my hatred for most things hollywood. Ever since I've been praying that Bruckheimer chokes on his own vomit some night (or afternoon). 'Tell Bay more explosions and bring me a bag of mushrooms!' I'm sure the dude would have made a great pyro technician for some 80's band but he should have stayed away from the talkies.

In the so bad it's good category I have to go with Howling II. Utter drek but the cheesy special effects, soundtrack, and werewolf 3-way have a special place in my heart. Strangely enough I can't get anyone to watch it with me.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:17 AM

10 Things I Hate About You is the greatest teen romantic comedy of my generation and the one nobody talked about (it was all American Pie this and Can't Hardly Wait that).
Old 04-19-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Thin Red Line is one I always got hated on for in film school etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

how? that is a brilliant film

i generally get funny looks when I mention that I like mean girls

[/ QUOTE ]
Mean Girls is fantastic, and not just beacuse it's our last surviving record of a full-bodied Lindsay Lohan.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Con-air is a classic with a great cast, but everyone thinks its a crappy b-grade [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a reason for that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Con Air and Armageddon basically started my hatred for most things hollywood. Ever since I've been praying that Bruckheimer chokes on his own vomit some night (or afternoon). 'Tell Bay more explosions and bring me a bag of mushrooms!' I'm sure the dude would have made a great pyro technician for some 80's band but he should have stayed away from the talkies.

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldn't agree more about Bruckheimer, wow what an astounding amount of crap that guy has directed, including all the horrid CSI bs. I did like the first 'Pirates' movie though...
Old 04-19-2007, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Punch Drunk Love...noone likes Adam Sandler semi-serious. I thought the part where he's talking about the cute little kid was actually pretty funny. Also, Scotland, PA. I heard it was a reworking of Macbeth. Clever movie, but my friends thought it was a bit dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

loved it, loved it, completely loved it
Old 04-19-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Matrix Reloaded--The best action film since John Woo left Hong Kong and one of the most philosophically profound films since Bergman. Miles above the original.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it was a fantastic action flick, easilly as entertaining as 300. It may have been profound, but that was lost in the horrific dialog and even worse acting... I felt that the original was a better-performed film.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:08 PM

"Little Man"

Either I was drunk while watching it, or it's comedy gold.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
including all the horrid CSI bs.

[/ QUOTE ]

CSI cracks me up.

I think every other should be, "Grissom, if that you? I can't tell because all the lights aren't working again."
Old 04-19-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Half baked,

definately one of my all time favs and I don't even smoke pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This definitely does not count. This is in the top 5 comedies of all time for myself and a large contingent of my friends.

People still suck at this thread, thinking that "critics didn't like it" = "nobody liked it".

Good Burger is a pretty good choice. Along the same vein, I really liked Phat Beach. The scene where the fat kid spikes the volleyball into the girl's boobies was awesome.

DN
Old 04-19-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love every cheesy highschool movie ever made. From Ten Things I Hate About You to Can't Hardly Wait. They are all awesome, every single one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I am with you here. Varsity Blues, anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]My senior year in college, for a pregame pump up, me and my buddy would perform the pep-rally - I was the quasi-Hitlerian coach ("In mah 32 years of coaching..."), and my buddy was Lance Harbour ("But then I was happy, because I know were going to beat [insert name of opponent] way worse than that!") = instant fired up