Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Don Imus vs. Black America?

heres some random crap i got from google.

This is your, and a lot of peoples problem chuck, random crap from google is not a "source" I could easily write a nice little biased article (ie Your citing of "The Nation" a left-wing radical newspaper), about you charliesurf, and make it come up as the number 1 google search, it doesnt mean it is true.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we've come to the point where if you make fun of anyone it's X-ist. imo that's very sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the language used. Imus came under fire here because he used words that are used nearly exclusively (add, by blacks) to insult blacks and women.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if I say a girl looks like a prostitute, becuase she has gaudy makeup, and barely any clothes on, am I sexist because I am referencing a woman, and describing her with a word that is used mainly to insult women rather tham men?

[/ QUOTE ]

no you would just be a rude jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why make a retarded comment like that? We all know its rud etc to say stuff like that, thats not why imus is under fire, well, it is, but nowhere near as much as the race issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? in my mind there is a difference if u called a jewish girl dressed
trashy a "ho" or if you called her a "hook nosed ho".

the whole Hannity/Colter/etc debate is kinda pointless..your gonna believe what u believe regardless..probably based somewhat on ideology. I place Colter/Hannity/Franken/Mahr/Sheehan/etc all in the same bucket...theyr all self absorbed retards.
O'Reilly I wouldnt mind so much if he wasn't such a pompous selfrightous douche.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:16 PM

huh? hah..that it my point, there is a difference between the two. What Im saying is that we all know what Imus said is rude, but not everything taht is rude is racist. I honestly dont knwo if what he said is racist, I personally dont think white people have enough knowledge on something as vauge as thid, but Im not going to listen to Al Sharpton on the matter, Im going to listen to the guys that I hang out while drinking at the bar.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is your, and a lot of peoples problem chuck, random crap from google is not a "source" I could easily write a nice little biased article (ie Your citing of "The Nation" a left-wing radical newspaper), about you charliesurf, and make it come up as the number 1 google search, it doesnt mean it is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

no..but guids u realize there is no way to actually prove someone is a biggot or racist etc right? You can only make an assumption based on what you have seen, heard, read etc about the person. Maybe its all an act by Hannity to drum up
$$$--i kinda think that everything Coulter does is an act.

My dad was raised as a christian, he goes to church, he reads the bible, he is a republican.
He obviosuly believes in god and Jesus.
Except...he doesn't. but everyone would assume he does...and i can understand how most people do. There is nothing wrong with it.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:19 PM

CDS,

I think you are just as as big of an idealouge as you perceive me. Im in agreement with you, I think sheehan/hannity/franken/rush are all people that should be taken with a grain of salt, but the hannity debate, if what you posted is true (which I dont nkow as of now) is a pretty big deal imo. I think understanding someones background is a prettty big deal when deciding if their motives are from hatred, or logic.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no..but guids u realize there is no way to actually prove someone is a biggot or racist etc right? You can only make an assumption based on what you have seen, heard, read etc about the person. Maybe its all an act by Hannity to drum up
$$$--i kinda think that everything Coulter does is an act.

My dad was raised as a christian, he goes to church, he reads the bible, he is a republican.
He obviosuly believes in god and Jesus.
Except...he doesn't. but everyone would assume he does...and i can understand how most people do. There is nothing wrong with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are several obvious ways to prove if someone is a racist. If Hal Turner says, "go out and kill blacks, they are subhuman", I am 100% positive I can make right assumption.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:29 PM

All,

I think this thread has sorta reached its end.

If someone wants to start further Imus discussion on further events related to this (his show being off MSNBC, candidates going on the show, whatever), feel free to start a new, specific thread.

If people want to start a more focused thread on racism, feel free to do that too.
Closed Thread