Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero II on XBOX360. I can\'t wait!

Little help here. When you are hitting the red and the blue at the same time, I can slide down one and hit it with my strong fingers or I can keep the pinky on the blue and middle finger on the red and hit it too. I think I can get stronger at this keeping it on, but maybe I should slide and hit it.

What do you guys do? What would a real beginning guitar player do, would a teacher tell him to get his fingers used to it, or is sliding encouraged, or is it just do what feels right and jam?
Old 06-30-2007, 05:20 PM

I just got this game a few days ago myself and I'm loving it too. I'm walking around humming these songs all the time when I'm not playing too.

I'm not sure what the "correct" technique is here, but I'm guessing you want to save sliding for when you need to hit the dreaded Orange note in Hard+. I suppose you could slide twice but that seems like it would get pretty hairy.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:30 PM

Its just plain fun. Some songs I already liked, Stones, Butthole Surfers, etc. But some songs that I thought were stupid, really jam when you are "playing them", lol.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Little help here. When you are hitting the red and the blue at the same time, I can slide down one and hit it with my strong fingers or I can keep the pinky on the blue and middle finger on the red and hit it too. I think I can get stronger at this keeping it on, but maybe I should slide and hit it.

What do you guys do? What would a real beginning guitar player do, would a teacher tell him to get his fingers used to it, or is sliding encouraged, or is it just do what feels right and jam?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to know how to do it both ways, as when you get to hard you will need to use middle finger/pinky on yellow/orange.

I wouldn't really focus on one way or another, just get used to both. Also, sliding is something I never practiced on medium so it was a difficult transition to hard. Learning to have your fingers in different spots early on is probably a good thing and will make the transition easier.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:39 PM

What controller options are there for the 360? Is there a third party or wireless controller released yet?
Old 07-11-2007, 01:39 PM

just 5 starred my first expert song last night [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 10:36 PM

My friend just texted me to say there's new downloadable songs. I just moved and don't have my XBox wired yet, so I can't see what they are. Anyone seen what songs they are yet?

EDIT: Is this it?

I Wanna Be Sedated-Ramones
Smoke On The Water- Deep Purple
You've Got Another Thing Coming- Judas Priest
Old 07-12-2007, 11:10 PM

Yeah those are the 3 I belive..

Im currently trying to 5 star all of the mediums right now.. theres only a couple that kick my ass still [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Ive tried like one song on hard and i got owned
Old 07-16-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah those are the 3 I belive..

Im currently trying to 5 star all of the mediums right now.. theres only a couple that kick my ass still [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Ive tried like one song on hard and i got owned

[/ QUOTE ]

5-star medium, cakewalk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Ok, I had a little trouble with one of them in the last set, don't recall which.

My son has gotten 5 gold stars on all but 3 medium songs. I'm thinking he might need more friends...
Old 07-16-2007, 04:36 PM

I'm trying to 5-star all songs on Expert, I have the first 6 sets completed, sets 7 and 8 are nearly impossible. I'm getting close on all the songs on the 7th set, but the 8th set is seriously impossible. Misirlou has to be the hardest song to 5-star, I'm pretty sure it is impossible to play notes as fast as you have to.