Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 04:21 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" High Stakes Poker thread (2/12)

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't like the Barry's checkraise in the Eli hand at first (not that I know what I'm talking about). But as I watch the youtube clip it looks like he puts in 100K to win 50K, whereas Eli, on most of his range, needs to think that he is almost a favorite to call. It looks like the perfect stack size to try it. What do we think Eli's range is here? My guess is ace-high 50%, crap overcards to the flop 25%, a king 20%, and a pocket pair 5%. Does that sound right? Like I said, I don't pretend to understand this hand but it is fun to speculate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hand range is wrong. I thought this was a pretty sensible play by Greenstein. There's very little chance Elezra has a king in his hand, given that he would have usually reraised AK preflop and would have folded Kx most of the time on the flop.

His most likely hands are a badly played ace high, or a small-mid pocket pair, followed by trips/full house. As bad as he is, even Elezra is probably folding a small-mid pair here, and there's no way he's calling with ace high.

While Greenstein's play is scary to make, it's pretty obvious why he did it.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:51 AM

Most of what you say is true, except that Ele couldn't have AK in that situation. Barry made it 6k to go, Ele is probably not going to raise in his position with AK, he might, but probably not. 6k is a big pre-flop raise, if Ele raises he's committing to being all-in on the hand pre-flop. If he had AK, he would have called 9k on the flop and when the king comes and Barry checks, bet 20+k on the turn, Barry knew AK was a possibility, but thought a mid-pair was more likely and went with it.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Lindgren's AJ fold was pretty good, actually. Barry bet 20k into the 15k pot. The board was scary, but not too scary. Seems like calling an overbet here with one pair is really exploitable, and Barry is capable of having a set, flush, or two small pair there for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he's capable of having those hands, but he's also capable of making the exact kind of play he made.

[ QUOTE ]
trying to get paid off big.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he wanted to get paid off big, he would have bet the turn.

Review Barry's line. Pf raise (could be anything), small continuation bet (still anything), check turn (could be a monster, but he should know Erick is going to check behind with a ton of hands here, so more likely a surrender or a mediocre hand that is hoping for a check-behind).

Once Erick does check behind, his hand is face up as a draw or a medium ace. He should realize this and know Barry might make a stab on the river. The fact that it was an overbet is brilliant on Barry's part, but should not be a huge surprise (both BG and EL know it will take a big bet to push him off AJ).

But like I said before, it seems likes there's history here. Lindgren likely smelled a rat after the turn check, and decided he wasn't calling over a certain number (he folded immediately). I can't criticize it too much, but I think he should probably fold preflop if he's that intimidated by Barry and is going to play the hand like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sums up the hand nicely, nh.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:10 PM

I found Golds "Rrrrreeallllyy" when he was shown the AK of Aba's (on the A 10 10 10 x) board a moment of explodin LOLs

Ty for that Aba
Old 02-14-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found Golds "Rrrrreeallllyy" when he was shown the AK of Aba's (on the A 10 10 10 x) board a moment of explodin LOLs

Ty for that Aba

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold: o rly?
Aba: ya rly
Old 02-14-2007, 04:52 PM

looking forward to future episode with this table. much more watchable and entertaining.

i hope matusow and sheikan never return!
Old 02-14-2007, 04:57 PM

His other table is going to be insane:

aba
Daniel Negreanu
Patrick Antonious
Brad Booth
David Benyamine
Antonio Esfandiari
Phil Ivey
John D'agostino
Old 02-14-2007, 05:04 PM

Poor Patrik... everyone here wets their pants when he's discussed, but no one can even spell his first or last name correctly.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poor Patrik... everyone here wets their pants when he's discussed, but no one can even spell his first or last name correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]
haha I copy/pasted from the 2+2 magazine article on aba.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ty for that Aba

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that was funny. and gold seemed to think it was going to be a split pot aswell for some reason. think he said "chop chop" or something - ha