Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Brag or Beat: Just bought a 2007 Yaris

[ QUOTE ]
bluefox,
kayyyy glad you got a stupid car. i got to order exactly what i wanted from the factory and my car is beautiful. i even got personalized car mats, and my side says princess and the passenger side says servant.
your car sucks.

edit: sorry, that was mean. BUT a car and a TRUCK are different! and the last time anyone thought that a lowered truck with rims was cool was back in the 80's! or southern texas [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] i still think that when you're buying a cheap car, (less then 25k), you might as well get a new one.

and with Yaris IRT safety, i explained the reason i didn't get one was because it was too flimsy.

price-wise, my car was ~21k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got exactly what I wanted. Guess what, I can order car mats and they won't cost $11,000! There is a difference between a car and a truck, but that doesn't mean you can't get a steal. If you bought a new S-10 (well, when they were made), purchased the spindles/blocks to lower it, the grill, the rims, the tonneau cover, the tires, tinting all the windshields, and probably a few more things... you'd EASILY be paying over $30,000. 45k miles on a 2001 Chevy truck is NOTHING. Cars actually depreciate a lot faster than trucks I believe, so you don't really have a point with "OMG A CAR ISN'T A TRUCK!"

BTW you might want to learn about cultures around the USA. Lowered trucks were NEVER cool in Texas, they love the 4x4 raised full-size trucks. Mexicans love the lowered trucks (Thus, California is the state you should have targeted).
Old 02-03-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bought my car for 3.2k ofter 4 years of driving it, I sold it for 2.6k

ship it

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you sell it to this guy?

Old 02-03-2007, 05:02 PM

Guid's posts in this thread were very good.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
got this a few months ago, paid it all myself. around ~15k w/insurance, warranties, etc. audi a4, 1.8t, 4wd, 53k miles, 1999. gets good mileage, was a lease in cali so its only spent one winter in the northeast. no problems w/it yet

btw, im 19 and in college, if that makes much difference? also my first car

[/ QUOTE ]

For one, the car in the pictures isn't the car you bought.

Also, I got a 99 A4 Quattro 2.8 w/ sports suspension and winter package in summer of 2003 with 44k miles on it for $15,300 after taxes. I'm not sure you did too much better than OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it is, my post should read 2.8t, this is the exact car i picked up at the dealership .....these are dealer pics of course

also it was 12.8 before taxes
Old 02-03-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't understand why you should get a used car when you're buying a lower-range car like this. By the time you find a car that is newer then 2001 (for safety's sake, good Lord), hasn't been in a crash and doesn't have an obscene amount of miles, it's 15k. If you're going to pay 15k for a car, just give in and get a new one - you'll get all of the warranties, and none of the worries that come from a used car. I know I didn't buy my own car, but my parents had me look at used cars in the under 10k range, and whoever kept saying you could get decent cars for that cheap is WRONG. maybe back when you were a youth it was like that (that's why my parents were under that impression), but nowadays, if it's not 12k+, it still has lap-only belts.

^exaggeration, yes, but go carfax stuff yourself (or cars.com, or autotrader.com) and you'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should buy a used car, becuase you are essentially letting someone else take the initial depreciation. when you buy a brand new car, just driving it off the lot, you are losing a ton of money, if you just bought a car that was a year older, or even a brand new one that someoen bought and drove for 8 months, you are saving yourself a ton of money. The real reason I had a problem with this car, is that the kid is going to end up paying about 6k above sticker, not including his financnig charges. The warranties, and things like that, 99% of the time, are still good. A 2 year old car, will have about 20 to 30k miles on it, at most places, this still eaves you 2 to 3 years, and 20k miles left on the warranty (and even then, you can buy a 5 year/50k warranty for about 2 grand, that kicks in after the factory warranty is up). You can get VERY decent cars for cheap, it is even now more true than ever because cars will run forever nowadays.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:53 PM

Because many of you might have missed it, you should check out this awesome dorm thread, courtesy of the OP.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD
Old 02-03-2007, 05:59 PM

yves,

The 2.8t does not exist. Stop lying.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because many of you might have missed it, you should check out this awesome dorm thread, courtesy of the OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, maybe it wasn't as good an idea as I thought. No reason to cross post it here though.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yves,

The 2.8t does not exist. Stop lying.

[/ QUOTE ]
ahahahhaahhaa oh what a tangled web.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should buy a used car, becuase you are essentially letting someone else take the initial depreciation. when you buy a brand new car, just driving it off the lot, you are losing a ton of money, if you just bought a car that was a year older, or even a brand new one that someoen bought and drove for 8 months, you are saving yourself a ton of money. The real reason I had a problem with this car, is that the kid is going to end up paying about 6k above sticker, not including his financnig charges. The warranties, and things like that, 99% of the time, are still good. A 2 year old car, will have about 20 to 30k miles on it, at most places, this still eaves you 2 to 3 years, and 20k miles left on the warranty (and even then, you can buy a 5 year/50k warranty for about 2 grand, that kicks in after the factory warranty is up). You can get VERY decent cars for cheap, it is even now more true than ever because cars will run forever nowadays.

[/ QUOTE ]

But...but guids... if it's only a year old you might as well get a new one for $10,000 more! How else do I get floormats with my name on it and a personalized license plate frame?