Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Another stupid ethics question

[ QUOTE ]
Skipolo, Wicked Evil, who plays 30-60 to 100-200 limit on Stars and FT, and a few other guys that don't happen to post on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

did they read this thread before giving you their thoughts, or did they respond solely based on your description of what happened?
Old 01-18-2007, 03:33 AM

1. you asked him if he wanted to flip, he said no.
2. you asked him to give your blind back, he said no.
3. the next hand started and you min raised so he would give you your blind back and he didn't.
4. ????????
5. cts and everyone in the thread is wrong except you
Old 01-18-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Actually, I guess much of this whole deal stems from the fact that I am arguing ethics, morals, social values, etc, with a bunch of people whose average age is about 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pulling the age trump card? Your being old just means you've spent a lot of time on this earth being a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well researched response, sir. Yes, the people who hate me for the misdeeds I have done them IRL are legion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your response is idiotic and irrelevant. My point was just that there's no reason to think your age is an indicator of wisdom or emotional maturity. Bringing up your real-life lack of enemies as a conterxample is probably a result of really straining the meaning of "on this earth," which is an asinine of interpreting what I said.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:35 AM

Daliman,

I've never responded to your posts or your threads etc before. I don't particularly dislike you. Sometimes you're an idiot, a lot of times people you talk to here are idiots. Most people are idiots in certain posts. Bla bla.

I want to assure you that the reason no one's agreeing with you about the cts/give blind back thing has nothing to do with the fact that it's DALIMAN!!! Nothing at all. I read the OP before all the cool kids had time to respond and make up my mind for me. It was obvious to me that cts was in the right. Then the actual chat transcripts were posted later on. Even more obvious. "no". "no". End of discussion. This is the way almost everyone in this thread feels.

Now obviously you strongly disagree with it. That's fine. What's not quite as fine though is you blaming everyone in this thread for taking cts's side simply because they hate you or something. Again, this has nothing - nothing - to do with it.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even though every other friend I asked about it said "of course, I'd give you it back".

[/ QUOTE ]

who are these friends? do they play poker and therefore understand what happened? if they are friends of yours and play poker, then i would imagine they might use 2+2? could a few of them post in this thread pls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Skipolo, Wicked Evil, who plays 30-60 to 100-200 limit on Stars and FT, and a few other guys that don't happen to post on here. Gee, I wonder why.

As I stated before, I have had numerous occasions where I had autpost on, someone who didn't know me from Adam sat down, it posted, I saw who it was, told them I didn't care to play them heads up, and they gave me my blind back, ( or I gave them their $10 back) and were on their way. I consider it on the basest level at least a professional courtesy that I myself have extended many times, and I am rarely disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

this again shows cts did nothing wrong. the fact that you hav e autopost on means you realize that ANYONE taht sits down with you, if you leave autopost on, will begin to play you heads up. if you say AFTERWARDS, AFTER you have posted your blind, that you "dont want to play them heads up", fine you can sit out. that doesnt mean they're obligated to give you your blind back, as you yourself autoposted and should realize the possible consequences that come from autoposting.

to not only expect people to understand your skewed point of view, but to expect them to PAY YOUR BLIND BACK which you voluntarily gave up, is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where exactly did I ever say they were obligated? I only expect it because it is completely common. And I am familiar with how autopost works, but sometimes I forget to uncheck it when I have 6 other games going and someone hit and runs on me or gets busted.

Explain to me how this shows cts did nothing wrong? Not really that he did, but how does it show. Your english/reading comprehansion appears a bit weak in this reply.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:37 AM

cliff notes: daliman is very nice guy, rest of world not.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Actually, I guess much of this whole deal stems from the fact that I am arguing ethics, morals, social values, etc, with a bunch of people whose average age is about 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pulling the age trump card? Your being old just means you've spent a lot of time on this earth being a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well researched response, sir. Yes, the people who hate me for the misdeeds I have done them IRL are legion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your response is idiotic and irrelevant. My point was just that there's no reason to think your age is an indicator of wisdom or emotional maturity. Bringing up your real-life lack of enemies as a conterxample is probably a result of really straining the meaning of "on this earth," which is an asinine of interpreting what I said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, if I have been such a moron for so long, I'd think lots of people would hate me. Seems pretty un-asinine to me. But you wouldn't understand that, because you are neither as wise nor as emotionally mature as I, nor are you in any way properly qualified to comment on anything about me beyond these message boards.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:42 AM

Daliman, basically it comes down to this, is all this trouble really worth it to get back 20$ from a friend who did nothing wrong really and was probably busy at the time?

Most of us here are arguing because we don't really understand how 20$ over nothing can cause this much drama.

I mean I can only assume as can most people that if this happend to us in our normal limits we would not care too much or at all just one BB and nothing more. Think about it

I can see if this was maybe even hell 50$ or a bill, but over 20$ id just shrug it off as would most people and would not think twice as it should not break your roll. This is coming from a micro limit player btw but im sure others are basically just trying to say what I posted above.

-Anton [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gee, if I have been such a moron for so long, I'd think lots of people would hate me. Seems pretty un-asinine to me. But you wouldn't understand that, because you are neither as wise nor as emotionally mature as I, nor are you in any way properly qualified to comment on anything about me beyond these message boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

??
Old 01-18-2007, 03:48 AM

i have no idea why there are so many posts on this. heres the deal. make your intentions known BEFORE posting the blind if u want to flip. not after. when on a lot of tables, ppl leave autopost on and just wait for anyone to sit. thats fine, but if someone sits then posts, then expects a blind back, thats just silly, and a huge waste of time for the multitabler. there is no reason whatsoever to sit in when someone is clearly on a lot of tables just to say hi or ask for a flip or whatever. its just not cool, its extremely annoying, and can throw you off if you are in the zone or whatever. whoever is making a stink about this stop it plz. holla