Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: iPhone

Answer my two questions. One, did doubling their share price constitute "pissing away" shareholder value? Two, how many fewer devices will Apple sell without the iPhone name?

Also, you meant "god you're funny" not "god your funny."
Old 01-11-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see the big deal. They put a touchscreen only on this device (I guess it needs it for web browsig), added a few more gigs of flash memory and charge $400 more than other PDA/Phones? Things like the Treo have card slots, you can put a big honking SD card in there if you want it... this thing isn't going to replace any Ipods for anyone that has one already- it's not small like the Nano, nor does it have the capacity of the HD players... I just think it's kinda meh... and it does not seem to be priced competitively if it's going to be $500-$600 after signing the carrier contract- not sure if that's the case or if there will be some discount....

[/ QUOTE ]

This was basically my reaction. But it's possible both of us are failing to notice the appeal of the design, simply because we don't have one in our hands. In other words, I don't think that the functions alone are groundbreaking, but perhaps the design is so cool that it doesn't matter.

I also think that the investors are going kind of crazy. Since the the iphone will only work with one network - at least for a while - it obviously will never be as ubiquitous as the ipod. Apple's modest sales projections seem to reflect that, but the investors don't seem to have noticed much. Or maybe they're also reacting to the other announced items, like Apple TV.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:24 AM

Unconfirmed Apple iPhone ad.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:36 PM

Let it be known that June is the month of the iPhone. Can't wait to buy it.

Cingular's webpage shows a link for the iPhone but it is only to sign up for info emails about it. No info on availability or what data plans will be available for it.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:48 PM

just saw an ad during the sox/yankees game...oh my god
Old 06-03-2007, 11:02 PM

June 29th. Doesn't look like you can get it without a 2 year plan. Doesn't look like you'll get a discount on it with the plan. Here are the ads: http://www.apple.com/iphone/ads/
Old 06-03-2007, 11:10 PM

Yeah, I just saw the story broke about 2 hours ago. I am going to call my cingular store to see if there is any wait list.

I get a 20% store discount because my company has a cingular discount. Also I am out of a contract, so I can easily renew a 2 year plan.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:14 PM

Only bad thing I can think of about an iPhone is you couldn't listen to it as a mp3 player while playing in a tournament. At least in Tunica.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I get a 20% store discount because my company has a cingular discount. Also I am out of a contract, so I can easily renew a 2 year plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that, I wouldn't be surprised if the discount didn't apply but you never know. The only people I know who use smart phones have the data plan payed for through work.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:39 AM

I'm pretty pumped about this too. I supposedly get a discount through Cingular at work as well. If that fails, an old roommate of mine is a manager at an Apple retail store, so I can get the 15% discount through him. The phone looks amazing though.