Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what do I do?
You can't let this opportunity pass you by, if she wont come along for the ride you have to leave 82 85.42%
stay there, and try to work things out with her 4 4.17%
open up three tables of omaha and call me in the morning, because i dont know what you should do Tex 10 10.42%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2006, 06:24 PM

Default Re: *Official Fantasy Football \"What Do You Think of This Trade\" Threa

[ QUOTE ]
Hey - just completed a trade but interested in thoughts - other person in trade is a 2p2er and Sporting Events semi-regular so I didn't want to post about it beforehand:

I traded: Laurence Maroney, NYG Defense, Drew Bennett

for

Keyshawn Johnson, Bills Defense, Travis Henry

I have D. Foster and S. Jackson as running backs - and my starters at WR last week were Joe Horn, Drew Bennett, and Travis Taylor. Anyway you guys should know or figure out the rationale for the rest - interested in thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree that this is kind of a "meh" trade. I probably wouldn't have put in the effort to do it. I don't think you messed up or anything, but I don't think you're better off, either.

-McGee
Old 11-08-2006, 08:11 PM

Default Re: *Official Fantasy Football \"What Do You Think of This Trade\" Threa

I think that you did get a slighty better D and a slighty better receiver moving forward. This trade is definitely in your favor. But I don't think it's going to provide you more than 2-3 points a week on average here on out (assuming Yahoo Standard Scoring).

If you are a bubble playoff team this might give you enough of an edge to clinch a spot, but I would not be counting on it.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:11 PM

10 team league, I've lost 3 straight and am 9th in points scored. It was time to shake things up. 1 Point per reception. I made this deal:

Traded

Tiki Barber 147 pts thus far
Randy Moss 95 pts
JP Losman 90 pts

Received

Marvin Harrison 152 pts
Alex Smith 103 pts
Rueben Droughns 74 pts

I have lots of RB depth with Warrick Dunn, Thomas Jones, Deuce McAllister and Corey Dillon. I start 3 RBs each week (including one in the flex spot).

Now my WRs will be Larry Fitzgerald, Harrison, Santana Moss and Reggie Brown. I start 3 each week.

It's a 2 QB league so Smith will prob get some bench time b/c I have Chad Pennington and Phil Rivers.

What do you think?

thanks in advance.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:02 PM

12 team league, for some reason EIGHT teams make playoffs. guh.
2 rb, 3wr, 1 flex. standard scoring 1pt/10yds, etc. no pts /rec.

the trade:
S jackson for C Taylor and A Boldin or H Ward or D Jackson.

Why I am stongly considering:
Because the playoffs start a week early S Jackson is playing CHI (home) while my other big scorer, LT2 is playing DEN. guh. The next playoff game S Jackson is playing OAK who also has had a pretty steady run D. Meanwhile C Taylor is playing @Det and then NYJ.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:36 PM

Here's a trade that just went through in a 12-team Dynasty league full of twoplustwoers.

.5 PPR, 1/10 Rushing and receiving, bonuses for longer field goals.

I gave Jason Elam (who I'd just picked up out of free agency) and Leon Washington for Mark Clayton and Jeff Wilkins.

MEbenhoe commented that he wished he'd known he could get Washington that cheap- did I undersell?

Key here is my roster needs as I make (hopefully) a deep playoff run.

QB: Carson Palmer, Rex Grossman, Brett Favre

RB: Clinton Portis, Deuce McAllister, Leon Washington, Jamal Lewis, Wali Lundy, Michael Turner, Musa Smith

WR: Javon Walker, Hines Ward, Laveranues Coles, Eddie Kennison, Derek Hagan

TE: Kellen Winslow, Tony Gonzalez

K: Jason Elam

DEF: San Diego, Kansas City

I felt I had some extra RB depth, and wanted a WR4 with upside so that I didn't have to rely on Eddie Kennison in case of emergency going forward. And I really needed a kicker; My team is first in offensive points, touchdowns, and receiving yards, but last in kicking points. The result has been a slightly disappointing 5-4 record. Jeff Wilkins locks down my kicker position playing indoors for a great offense, and is Footballguys #1 rated dynasty kicker (for what little it's worth).

I'm fine with the trade, but I wouldn't mind hearing some opinions from other dynasty leaguers.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:44 PM

This is a terrible trade for you.

The kicker considerations are minor. Even if Wilkins stays the top-rated kicker for years to come (no sure thing), it won't be by enough to justify giving up a young running back (always the most valuable position in fantasy) for a WR who is probably the fifth-best on your roster.

-McGee
Old 11-09-2006, 02:13 AM

tyler,

i think your trade is awful considering your WRs and the fact u start 3 RBs. Your RBs are awful now.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a terrible trade for you.

The kicker considerations are minor. Even if Wilkins stays the top-rated kicker for years to come (no sure thing), it won't be by enough to justify giving up a young running back (always the most valuable position in fantasy) for a WR who is probably the fifth-best on your roster.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your input, and while you may very well be right, let me rebut.

These axioms (RB's are king, Kickers are interchangeable) are certainly FF dogma, but I don't have as much of a hardon for RB's as most owners, dynasty in particular.

RB's of Leon Washington's caliber largely come and go in dynasty. WR's are much more static in terms of value, IMO. Mark Clayton's upside might be Lavernaues Coles or pre-this-year Derrick Mason, but his floor is a lot higher than Washington's as well.

Footballguys has Leon Washington as the #40 dynasty RB, and Clayton as the #29 WR; even if RB's are that much more valuable than WR's, it doesn't seems that there's a big gap here. And, as I said, I needed an upgrade at K if I want to win a championship, making that part of the deal far from inconsequential. FF is, after all, about winning championships, and I feel this deal helps me do so.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:02 AM

pfunk,

i think its OK only because of the playoff implications you cited.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pfunk,

i think its OK only because of the playoff implications you cited.

[/ QUOTE ]

which wr of the 3 do you choose? also, does anyone go for addai over taylor?