Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Beware of OnGame\'s Futurebet sites (e.g. pokes poker)

ToTRifter If you get it, please post the news here.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:53 AM

hey guys, i'm back. sorry - was on vaca for a bit. so here's my understanding of the situation...Pokes is woefully understaffed (perhaps even run by a single kid, Adam Rabie?, as someone earlier in this thread suggested) and according to an email I received from Adam (unfortunately my webmail deleted it so I don't have it around to paste here), Pokes' lawyers have been working with the Futurebet lawyers to help compensate its customers. That's what I was told...of course it could be a load of BS. In any case, Futurebet is the culprit here, and I believe they are located in Vancouver - thus making a class action lawsuit very feasible. A few of my Pokes cashouts have cleared so far but i am still waiting for the rest. It looks as though a lot of you have not been so lucky, though. I will send Futurebet another email looking for an update on the situation and perhaps they will provide some more concrete details concerning when these cashouts will clear. If things do not improve, I believe a class action lawsuit might be the only way to get this done. I will speak with Futurebet first and if I do not get some answers I will have my buddy who recently graduated from Suffolk Law to help me look into a lawsuit. And everyone keep us posted on the status of your cashouts.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:11 AM

Good work.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In any case, Futurebet is the culprit here, and I believe they are located in Vancouver

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any insight as to whether there is a difference between funds that are in pending cashout limbo and funds that have been left on the site?

It seems like funds on the site might have stayed in OnGame's hands until Pokes switched to their new network, at which point the money might have been transferred without going through FutureBet. I'm just speculating. But I'm pretty interested in the answer because in addition to a mid-5-figures cashout (pending since early Oct) I have a similar amount still showing in the Pokes cashier that I've decided it was better not to touch.

Obviously these sorts of sums are incentive to make some serious efforts at recovery...

-pyg
Old 12-12-2006, 05:33 PM

There is a difference between funds pending cashout and funds in your poker account. There was an Ongame rule that sites had to have 80% of the total amount held in all play accounts readily available. I'm not sure exactly what that means, or if it was enforced. And I don't know how the split affects that.

I have gotten 4k / 16k cashed out of Pokes so far, and I'm still somewhat confident that the rest will come eventually, though I wouldn't bet on any time frame. If it comes to lawsuit, it would probably mean we're at the point where Futurebet and/or Pokes is going out of business / has disappeared / etc. I'm not sure what we'd get at that point.

Anyways, I live in Vancouver, but I don't know how to proceed in investigating Futurebet. I have the address that their phone # is associated with, but the company isn't called Future bet (something marketing). If anyone knows about how you investigate corporations in Canada I'd be willing to do some work. I don't know where to start though.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:05 AM

I just noticed this on Pokes' website:

"Pokes Poker is an industry leader in providing world-class customer service, prompt payouts and easy to access information."

Comments?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:44 PM

ROFLMAO
Old 12-13-2006, 01:23 PM

I am a Pokes player and I too am owed money that has been pending cash out for some time. I do have some information on the background to the situation however I don't know whether this information is true or not. There seems to be a lot of confusion over who is to blame and who is responsible for the situation as is.

It's quite simple. No Pokes player has an agreement/contract with anyone other than Pokes (Adam Rabie?) and certainly not Futurebet.

Whether or not Futurebet are the bad guy is irrelevant. We gave money to Pokes and as such we have an agreement with Pokes governed by the Terms and Conditions that we agreed to when signing up. What Pokes did with our money ‘behind-the-scenes’ is not our concern.

Without seeing the contracts between Pokes/Futurebet and any additional contracts with Ongame along with the money trail we can only speculate as to blame or responsibility.

I am not here to defend or accuse anyone. I am aware of the negative history with futurebet but as any decent lawyer will tell you – if you go knocking on futurebets door they will quite legally tell you to f*** off.

I was happy to wait until the 8th – the promised payout date – for some good news. It didn’t happen for me and as far as I know no one has had any payment (please can ANYONE post if they received money from Pokes on or after 8th Dec).

Not only did no money arrive, but there was no communication either. Not good. I hear the ‘kid in a bedroom’ stuff about Pokes but with a rumoured $1.5m outstanding this doesn’t quite ring true either.

I have written off the amount I am owed but that does not mean I will just let it be. As a group we need to organise ourselves and if Adam Rabie/Pokes really is an innocent party he needs to come forward and help. Now.

Mih2099 is the OP here and I ask you to make a suggestion as to how to proceed with a view to gathering information from those who want to move this forward in a meaningful way.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:35 PM

Am I the only one who has taken a screenshot on the Cashier Statement?
Old 12-13-2006, 05:50 PM

Funny how this mirrors the Bayou situation so closely and when Pokes was recruiting high-limit players in chat on Ongame I specifically asked them like 5 times if they were licensed by FutureBet and they said no every time. Glad I opted not to play there.

If pokes is still in operation, I am sure you guys are aware of another option. Takes some balls, but it will help everyone involved.