Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2006, 08:59 AM

Default Re: The Well: Aba20

[ QUOTE ]

One "AHA" moment was shoving with hands which have good equity against your villians calling range. Example which would you rather go AI with assuming you have a pot sized raise left on a 249 board. You can go AI with 55 or KQ. Well shoving with KQ is much better than shoving 55 because KQ has alot more equity against villian calling range (66+ and any 9).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehm why didn't I ever think about this? Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 08-19-2006, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I constantly reraise button openers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a good idea at low buyin 6max and what do you do, when flop misses, cbet a lot ??

And what range to reraise with (lowbuyin in mind) ??
Old 08-19-2006, 09:41 AM

Aba20, thanks so very much for doing this. Do you feel releasing top pairs like QQ-AA when you feel you are against a set or 2 pair has been easy for you to pick up on or required some work. What kind of betting back at you is usually a sign that you are beat with your holdings. I'm sure i speak for many on this board who find releasing KK or AA most difficult during the hand.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:48 AM

Hi aba20!

I have question about your W$WSF% (won the flops seen, or something like that). You have a graph here where you are 47 and in cardrunners you have a graph where you are also > 40. I am a moderate winning player in nl200 (6ptbb/100) but my W$WSF% is only 33!!

Of course it is impossible for you to say what my problem is but I guess you must be very agg. postflop to get this stat > 40? GB is pretty much raise/fold guy postflop, what about you?
Old 08-19-2006, 10:41 AM

The person you are coaching....did you pick them randomely or did they come to you first? How do you decde who you are going to coach?

I often feel that one of my biggest leaks is the inability to seperate money from chips, meaning I take into consideration every dollar that is being bet. How do you overcome this at such highs takes? Hope my question made sense.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:54 AM

thats teh big blind silly
Old 08-19-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes he is from 2+2, I dont' charge for my coaching I do it as a way to give back to the forum. I once he accomplishes his gaols and no longer needs my coaching I will probably pick someone else to bankroll and coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

so how does one put their name forward as potential students? i'd jump at the bit for it
Old 08-19-2006, 12:50 PM

The person you are staking doesnt happen to be Balugawhale is it?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:06 PM

Sometimes I find just by the nature of the cards or way the hands play out I end up playing somewhat predictably. Mostly that I tend to only raise flops in position with the goods. This is exploitable by trying to hit longshot draws on me to stack me, in pots that are very small in relation to the stacks. If I haven't had the opportunity to play a draw fast in an early hand, should I be looking to raise flops more with air? With middlepair? etc. I more or less just realized I have a balance problem, where some jerk could go for a gutshot when I have a set, and stack me everytime on the turn (with confidence). He's correct to do so as long as the pot is very small and my stack is huge. It degrades me so much when even as much as 80%-90% of the money goes in when I'm a 3 to 1 dog :/

In more happy news, I'll be chasing gutshot draws whenever my opponent tells me his hand is frekin awesome (set or two pair), and the pot is nice and small. His stack, of course, is huge and juicy. Not sure if trying to hit two outter sets is a good idea, due to mega reverse-implied odds.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:38 PM

To be somewhat clearer.

What is the best river card you've ever got. Implies a suckout on your part.

What is the worst river card you've ever got. Implies a bad beat you've received.

What is the Best bluff you've ever pulled off. Implies you won a huge pot with no pair no draw vs a tough opponent.

What is the worst attempt at a bluff you've tried and ended up having to fold or lost pot.

Superpower - say flying, superspeed, superstrength. which would you pick.