Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 01:24 PM

Default Re: The Well: cts

[ QUOTE ]

I think thats a good setup.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the advice maybe I'll try this out.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are playing 6 max and have Axs in the cutoff.2 limpers in front and you limp. Flop is 9 8 4 with two spades (Say you have a6s).

You decide to bet (whats a solid amount here of the pot)

Say you are called by the button and are OOP on the turn and it blanks for you, say a Jd.

Whats your plan? Fire again?

[/ QUOTE ]
One other thing here, if I have a read the guy is floating me a lot or just refused to fold bottom pair on the flop, I'll go ahead and check-raise all-in on the turn. Even if I screwed up and I'm against a set or another big hand, I've still got a decent amout of equity and this line looks really strong, it's hard for him to call without a big hand.

This is an important concept, if you think someone is just messing with you postflop and you're tired of it and are going to check-raise all-in on the turn of a T82r5 board, do it with AK rather than T9s. With T9s you may have the best hand most of the time, but when CALLED you are usually screwed, with AK you'll hopefully at least have some outs.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:56 PM

CTS last one from me. Do you ever overlimp offsuit face cards from the button? Say it is 2 or 3 limpers to you would you overlimp, raise or fold.

QJ
QT
JT
KT
K9
A9

all offsuit.

Thanks for your great replies and spending this time in the well. You have given me a lot of strong actionable ideas as to my own way forward as I try and get back into the game. Respect.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you ever overlimp offsuit face cards from the button?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea sometimes, kind of depends on what I think the orginial limpers are limping with (ie will K9 dominate their J9/K4) and how fishy they are/the relative position of the fish.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:13 PM

One more question.

In a lot of threads I've seen you say things like pot pot pot. When you're betting, are you really potting it all the time?
Old 08-08-2006, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In a lot of threads I've seen you say things like pot pot pot. When you're betting, are you really potting it all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely not in reraised pots. Usually in raised pots I bet one or two BBs less than pot on each street. In limped pots I'll just pot each street most likely. When I say 'pot pot pot' I don't literally mean bet the pot to the dollar amount, just make sure you get bets in and they aren't minbets [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 08-08-2006, 06:28 PM

Hi cts,

you mentioned you use the PartyBetPot script. IVe been using it a lot lately and it makes multitabling a lot easier.

You say you bet 1 or 2 bbs less than the pot. With the bet post script how is this possible?

Thanks

-Tickner
Old 08-08-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You say you bet 1 or 2 bbs less than the pot. With the bet post script how is this possible?

[/ QUOTE ]
Right click --> Send the slider to pot
Scroll wheel down twice --> Send the slider down 2BBs
Old 08-08-2006, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi cts,

you mentioned you use the PartyBetPot script. IVe been using it a lot lately and it makes multitabling a lot easier.

Thanks

-Tickner

[/ QUOTE ]

At least with the way I have it set up, I set it so right mouse button pots it, but so that it doesn't autobet. Then mouse wheel down in increments of 1 BB. Then click bet.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:19 PM

cts, you said about good table selection being an important factor to reduce variance.

I play at PokerStars NL100 6 max so i canīt use sixth sense.
Most of times i look for a table i have 2 choices. Or i sit at a table with everybody with 100BBs+ but there are 4 or 5 regulars, or i sit down in a table with 3 or 4 fishes but they donīt have even 50bbs stacks.
What you think is the better choice?

Btw, i am moving from PS once i get enough FPPs to a monitor i want.

Thx for the time.