Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 01:57 AM

Default Re: WHAT DEGENERATE GAMBLING STUFF HAVE YOU DONE LATELY

[ QUOTE ]
Recently, a gambling cowyboy-type named Montana Mike sat down at the 10/20 game at Bellagio and said to me "You've got 10K there kid? What's it gonna take for that to get in the pot? Set vs. set? Flush vs. flush? You ain't got the balls to gamble in this game pal"

I immediately sized him up and offered him to flip him for his stack (exactly 3K). He started backing off, talking about how he can do it but won't so I keep telling him we can do 3 1K flips, 1 3k flip, whatever he wants. He backs off.

At this point, one other guy with 5K is like "Bet you won't flip me for this stack." I pull out a coin and tell him to call it in the air and flip it up. As the coin is in mid-air, he says "never mind, forget about it." I've now offered 6 people to flip for their stacks (all of them at least 3K) in the last 3 days and not a single one has taken me up on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are my hero.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lost $50, because my friend told me that Halle Barry has 6 toes and I didn't believe him.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halle_Berry

[ QUOTE ]
Channel 4 reported in 2006 that Berry has 6 toes on her right foot. However, she has since debunked that as the most unusual, and untrue, rumor circulating about her. (Interviewed on the WB11 Morning News, May 22, 2006)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-08-2006, 04:01 AM

This post inspired me...

1702 Online bankroll.

Buyin for 1K at 1K NL table (Full Ring because I suck at poker). Lose 334 to an all-in short stack who catches a two outer. Top off. Win a few hands. Then comes this hand:

I'm in late position with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and limp along with two other limpers before me.

Button raises it to $70 (I cover). SB folds, two other callers, so I go ahead and call.

Flop ($295) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Check, Check, I bet the pot ($300), Button calls (I don't think my bottom pair is good...), Fold, Fold.

Turn ($895) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I push $724, button calls $600 and shows Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

River ($2095) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Ship it: $2092 <--- Biggest single hand of poker that I've dragged. Makes up for the last time I played 1K NL and my flopped 'nut flush' lost to a one outer straight flush.