Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Blackwater in a time of peace

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is pretty ridiculous. I just wanted to say that if the statement "[Blackwater] kills people for money. Let's not dress up the obvious." is true for Blackwater, it's true for police officers too. And neither should have immunity from being held accountable for their actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, it's really a good thing they don't have immunity, then.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there's this

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The Iraqi findings are also at odds with initial assertions by the State Department that the convoy had received small-arms fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like a classic "He said She said" to me.

[ QUOTE ]
and since u'll undoubtedlty say the ny times is biased, there's this
i could find more for you, but if you care you can just google for yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

Same story, different author.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the horse's mouth:

In the case of the Christmas Eve shooting, Prince said the company fired and fined the individual.

“But we, as a private organization, can’t do any more,” he (Prince) told the House panel. “We can’t flog him. We can’t incarcerate him. That’s up to the Justice Department. We are not empowered to enforce U.S. law.”

Link

Shame on you Blackwater!
Old 11-05-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there's this

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The Iraqi findings are also at odds with initial assertions by the State Department that the convoy had received small-arms fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the horse's mouth:

In the case of the Christmas Eve shooting, Prince said the company fired and fined the individual.

“But we, as a private organization, can’t do any more,” he (Prince) told the House panel. “We can’t flog him. We can’t incarcerate him. That’s up to the Justice Department. We are not empowered to enforce U.S. law.”

Link

Shame on you Blackwater!

[/ QUOTE ]

What more do you suggest? A bad apple was weeded out for misconduct. This proves my point, not yours.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there's this

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the horse's mouth:

Link

Shame on you Blackwater!

[/ QUOTE ]

What more do you suggest? A bad apple was weeded out for misconduct. This proves my point, not yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

One bad apple. LOL! You take the cake for lack of independent thinking.

From the same link:

“We’re not getting our money’s worth when we have so many complaints about innocent people being shot,” said Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., committee chairman, at the conclusion of a nearly six-hour hearing.

Shame on you, Blackwater!
Old 11-05-2007, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there's this

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the horse's mouth:

Link

Shame on you Blackwater!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One bad apple. LOL! You take the cake for lack of independent thinking.

From the same link:

“We’re not getting our money’s worth when we have so many complaints about innocent people being shot,” said Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., committee chairman, at the conclusion of a nearly six-hour hearing.

Shame on you, Blackwater!

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric Prince has repeatedly made comments suggesting that if Congress, the US Department of Justice, or anyone else on American soil has proof of misconduct, they should bring forth charges on Blackwater agents, and that he does not believe that Blackwater agents are, nor should they be, immune from US prosecution.

I searched to try to find when the courageous Waxman made his visit to Iraq to investigate his slanderous claims firsthand.

Nothing was found. As I stated earlier, this isn't some ridiculous religious debate or some "Creation vs. Evolution" debate. Let us not forget you are indicting people here for multiple murders without a shred of credible evidence, and tossing around wild, baseless accusations.

Somewhere in this thread, I am pretty sure, but not certain, that I saw the utterly baseless claim:

[ QUOTE ]
These guys walk into crowded markets and mow people down, just for giggles.

[/ QUOTE ]

or something to that effect. It must be nice to feel so morally superior that you can make wild, baseless, and at times downright asinine accusations, then become incredulous when people like me ask for some type of proof.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:39 AM

DblBarrelJ, you are the master of avoidance and denial. Unfortunately it is so obvious that it isn't a matter of intelligence but more a matter of having been successfully propagandized by both your presidentent and Blackwater. or should we call it Backwater?

Every single authority you are quoted that doesn't fit your small propagandized mind (obvious since you are so selective about what view you not only accept but endorse, not a personal issue, just a comment on your debating capabilities) you reject. You seem to only accept Prince's view when it suits you, and not any other time. I think it is very funny to see someone squirm like this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Shame on you, Backward {oops I mean Blackwater]!
Old 11-05-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DblBarrelJ, you are the master of avoidance and denial. Unfortunately it is so obvious that it isn't a matter of intelligence but more a matter of having been successfully propagandized by both your presidentent and Blackwater. or should we call it Backwater?

Every single authority you are quoted that doesn't fit your small propagandized mind (obvious since you are so selective about what view you not only accept but endorse, not a personal issue, just a comment on your debating capabilities) you reject. You seem to only accept Prince's view when it suits you, and not any other time. I think it is very funny to see someone squirm like this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Shame on you, Backward {oops I mean Blackwater]!

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me for not finding people who have been wounded after shooting at security agents as "credible". Also, I don't think "authority" means what you think it means. Its not that I discredit an authority I disagree with, it's that no one has presented an "authority" of any kind.

News reports amounting to "A said that B said that she heard C say that he heard D say to E that he might've seen X happen, but C is unsure of exactly what she heard because the statement was made in a crowded nightclub" are not credible source material to me, nor will I tolerate them being referred to as "authority".

Do you honestly not think these reports are investigated by the proper authorities? Well, of course you don't, because you'd rather just scream they're "terrorists" than have a legitimate discussion about what Blackwater does.

But the answer is, of course they are! They're always discredited, found to be absolute and utter [censored] claims, by people with an agenda who don't have a clue what is actually occuring.

Unfortunately, the reports where the original report was discredited are often buried deep in the news, while the original report was blasted on front pages, given time at the top of the hour, etc.

I have actually seen the "evil" Fox News spend great deals of time dealing with other Blackwater "incidents", then, several weeks later, you'll see a small, one or two sentence statement on the bottom of the screen stating "Blackwater security agents have been cleared of all wrongdoing concerning the events of X" Of course, it's never addressed again on the air, and few people I know actually bother to read the scroll at the bottom of the screen.

Now, could the latest incident be the one that is investigated and the claims are found to have validity? It's possible. However, after seeing loud, obnoxious, sensational stories explode so many times before, then the news media quickly and quietly say after the investigation reveals the truth, "oops, our mistake" if they even have the courage to do that, I've decided that Blackwater has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Its very wrong and unfair to continually throw accusations at people, then when they're cleared, never apologize, then attempt the same stunt two weeks later.

Also, just as a sidenote, about 1/2 of the incidents Blackwater is accused of fall into a different category. That category is incidents, not like the 17 dead in Sept, where we know something did happen, but have to determine exactly what, but cases where nothing really happened at all. Not something that could be misinterpreted ,stories that are utter fantasies made up, often discredited merely by showing proof that Blackwater agents weren't within 100 miles of where the incident occured, nor had they been in about six weeks.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:16 AM

Why are you actually wasting time on that troll MidGe? Hes not here to have a real discussion or listen to other peoples arguments or try to learn about new information or insights. Hes only mission is to post whatever negative thing imaginable about the US that he can find, have fun being ignorant about anything that puts the situation in perspective or god forbid even validates the actions done by the Us or behalf of the US.

You can sit up day and night, pick his every argument apart and it does no good. When he sees that he met the wall on one topic or its been discussed to death he will find a new story about the US and go through the whole process again.

Hes not interested in any information or arguments that can put the US (or at least the current administration or the efforts in the Middle East) in a better light, no matter how much you try to give him insight about the complexity of the situation. This goes for every thread about the US Ive seen MidGe be a part of.

Remember that one fool can ask more questions than ten wise men can answer.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:17 AM

You are no getting it DblBarrelJ,

Blackwater is a terrorist organization (by international standards) that operates outside of its country, ie in another sovereign state. The question is, does the Department of Defense or the State Department or any other US agency, condone their operations.

Or are you saying that Blackwater is not a civilian private organization that provides goons, murderers and other guns for hire in a geographical area that has nothing to do with their own country?

Shame on you Blackwater!
Old 11-05-2007, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are no getting it DblBarrelJ,

Blackwater is a terrorist organization (by international standards) that operates outside of its country, ie in another sovereign state. The question is, does the Department of Defense or the State Department or any other US agency, condone their operations.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they grudgingly hired them in fear of a hostile takeover. WTF??? OF COURSE THEY CONDONE THE ACTIONS.

[ QUOTE ]
Or are you saying that Blackwater is not a civilian private organization that provides goons, murderers and other guns for hire in a geographical area that has nothing to do with their own country?

[/ QUOTE ]

Blackwater is a security firm, that provides security agents worldwide.

[ QUOTE ]
Shame on you Blackwater!

[/ QUOTE ]

MidGe, are you aware that your own countrymen are the second highest recruited group by Blackwater, behind US soldiers? Seems Aussie SAS troops have a thing for blood LMAO.