FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: OP's Buddy is a
Wimp 37 36.27%
Moran 40 39.22%
Jerk 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Re: The Official NBA Regular Season 07-08 Thread

I think the Grizz could also be fun to watch. Their new coach is from the Suns' staff, so they may put up points fast.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assani,
As others have pointed out your analogy is really flawed.
I said earlier I would bet you at 24.5. Do you accept?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please stop avoiding my question. I am willing to make a bet perhaps, but please answer my question:

How many points do you think Durant will average this year?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-30-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really want to get into the NBA this year but don't have a team, per se.

I always enjoyed watching the Kings but I have no real connection to Sacramento being as I'm from Tennessee.

And the Grizzlies, man do they suck.

Suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well either look for a team that you like, go for the Grizzlies, or change you like by how many wins they have.

IMO, The Grizzlies have done as much as anyone in the offseason. They picked up a good guard (maybe not good initially). Got Pau happy by getting his best friend on the team. Got the (again arguably) the best center available right now, and a coach that a lot of others were going after as well.

So look at them as a possible team to root for. But if you have to root for a team to make the playoffs every year go for Dallas or Phoenix.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, The Grizzlies have done as much as anyone in the offseason. They picked up a good guard (maybe not good initially). Got Pau happy by getting his best friend on the team. Got the (again arguably) the best center available right now, and a coach that a lot of others were going after as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Half the teams in the NBA either resigned or picked up a "good" guard by that criteria - if Navarro is more Manu than Jasikevicius (other "best guard outside the NBA before they came to the NBA" guys), then he'll have an impact. He could just as easily be a handy bench guy or spot starter.

Pau was happy when they were winning, as are most players. If I had a crappy job, I would not like my job any more because my best friend had a crappy job at the same company. If anything, I'd be more likely to hang out with by buddy rather than put in any extra effort. You know, do fantasy sports leagues, take two-hour lunches, take an afternoon off to enjoy some quality XBox 360 gaming action.

Milicic was by no means the best C available. His "breakout" production was what? 7 and 7? He's Chris Mihm, only young (and with a few more BPG). Speaking of which, Mihm was available for half the price. More to the point, signing Milicic took them out of getting Nocioni or Varajeo with that same cap room - guys who are probably both better players and better fits for the Suns system I assume they'll be trying to install. Jamaal Magloire's another guy who went well cheap and will likely give you the same production. I just have a hard time buying into the "potential to be very good" argument when a guy's had two years of opportunity and four years of NBA coaching/prep and he's still a poor starting option. Most guys that appeared to be busts after 4 years were just that. The only exception I can think of was J. O'Neal, but he was buried behind quality players in Portland. Milicic was "buried" behind Tony Battie and was given every chance to succeed.

Don't get me wrong...if Memphis can embrace a Suns style and miraculously fit it (I don't think they have the personnel - but then again, I didn't think Toronto had the personnel and I was completely wrong there), then they could surprise...but in the West, for them, I think surprising is 35-40 wins and a late lottery ticket.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Half the teams in the NBA either resigned or picked up a "good" guard by that criteria - if Navarro is more Manu than Jasikevicius (other "best guard outside the NBA before they came to the NBA" guys), then he'll have an impact. He could just as easily be a handy bench guy or spot starter.

Pau was happy when they were winning, as are most players. If I had a crappy job, I would not like my job any more because my best friend had a crappy job at the same company. If anything, I'd be more likely to hang out with by buddy rather than put in any extra effort. You know, do fantasy sports leagues, take two-hour lunches, take an afternoon off to enjoy some quality XBox 360 gaming action.

Milicic was by no means the best C available. His "breakout" production was what? 7 and 7? He's Chris Mihm, only young (and with a few more BPG). Speaking of which, Mihm was available for half the price. More to the point, signing Milicic took them out of getting Nocioni or Varajeo with that same cap room - guys who are probably both better players and better fits for the Suns system I assume they'll be trying to install. Jamaal Magloire's another guy who went well cheap and will likely give you the same production. I just have a hard time buying into the "potential to be very good" argument when a guy's had two years of opportunity and four years of NBA coaching/prep and he's still a poor starting option. Most guys that appeared to be busts after 4 years were just that. The only exception I can think of was J. O'Neal, but he was buried behind quality players in Portland. Milicic was "buried" behind Tony Battie and was given every chance to succeed.

Don't get me wrong...if Memphis can embrace a Suns style and miraculously fit it (I don't think they have the personnel - but then again, I didn't think Toronto had the personnel and I was completely wrong there), then they could surprise...but in the West, for them, I think surprising is 35-40 wins and a late lottery ticket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nocioni wasn't coming to the Grizz. Chicago said, I know they can say anything they want, the WERE resigning him. I don't know what they did to make Mem believe it but they left him alone. Part of me is thinking Chicago actually made him a good offer. Please correct me on that.

The center situation was tough. Believe me the least fav word in Mem is potential. After Big Country and Stromile Swift I believe it's illegal to say that word in the FedEx Forum.

With Navarro that makes Pau happy. Pau had a couple good years when we double sucked. So, not that I don't agree winse=automatic happiness, losses doesn't always mean what you say. Pau has demanded trades and Mgmt wanted to stroke him a bit. I believe Navarro is playing for less than zero this year.....then again part of what he owes Barcelona might be deferred.

Anyway back tot the center issue Mags has been on the decline bigtime hasn't he? Jerm just wasn't coming here. He was leaving a losing team so he could join a powerhouse. Plus I couldn't see Memphis paying 20 mil over the next 3 years for him. Just curious but do you think Jerm is worth that?

I think what we paid Milicic was good for both sides. I think we signed him for 2 years with a team option for a third. By then the guy will be in his mid-twenties and we'll be the third team to have to make that decision.

I didn't know Mags wet that cheap. I think NJ signed him for 1 year for 4mil. The Grizz went after him hard 2 years ago when he was in NOOK. Maybe he just doesn't like ribs?
Old 09-30-2007, 10:40 AM

The difference between Darko & Mihm is one may not get any better, but the other can't.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf is this thread about?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I am going to go on a limb and say the NBA Regular Season 07-08.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The difference between Darko & Mihm is one may not get any better, but the other can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed - but I would offer that the difference in their production for this coming season (assuming each got 30-35 mpg at C for Memphis) would be negligible.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed - but I would offer that the difference in their production for this coming season (assuming each got 30-35 mpg at C for Memphis) would be negligible.

[/ QUOTE ]

and one's paid like Chris Mihm, the other is paid like 3 of him.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tuq ruins every thread

poor lonely fat man talks and posts way too much since he has nothing better to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. W.T.F.?

Assani is just being cute and I felt like directing him in the direction of posting actual content, not making the same dumb post over and over again.

You are right that I am fat and have nothing better to do. I don't think I'm lonely however. But pretty sweet diss IMO.

On topic, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Iavaroni. Not sure how he'll do at the helm in Memphis but he will be missed by the Suns. I'm not sure if or how much his loss will matter though, since NBA teams these days tend to have around 27 assistant coaches and there seems to be an unending supply of replacement candidates. Maybe they'll get Larry Brown to replace him.