Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Kahty Liebert angle me out of the main event....

I hate the Kathy Liebert
Old 09-02-2006, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, the guy had paused over the muck. I do this too sometimes. It isn't because I'm looking for a reaction, it is because I really want to muck, but something is telling me to call. True, sometimes I muck anyway, but some random pro needles me to call. The guy made his own decision. Is it wrong for her to talk? Of course. But it happens. Have things like this happened to me? Of course. I play poker. But sometimes a call that might have been a fold makes me money. He could have had AJ, or KQ. [censored] happens. It is live poker. Take your beats like a man, give her a dirty look if you need to, and go home. ITS POKER! The important thing is to conduct yourself with honor and as a gentleman.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this situation not breaking the one player per hand rule? She should have been penalized...and if I was OP I would have thrown a fit.

I see dealers say "no coaching" at the table all the time, she blatently violated the rules. Seriously how can you not agree with this?
Old 09-02-2006, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The point is that a name pro broke the rules in a fashion that is apparently not uncommon for her. She needs to learn what she does is wrong so that she stops doing it and that so people don't follow her lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. But I disagree with thinking this is a big deal. Just watched "The Cinncinnati Kid" The final hand, facing a big reraise, the Kid looks at QdTd9d8d for his opponents up cards (one down card, 5 card stud). The crowd starts murmuring; "He's got the str8flush!!! He's got the Jack!!!" and/or "The kid's got him! The kid's got him!"

The point? Dudes, we're poker players. We make our own decisions. We know that no matter what we do, someone will think we should have called or should have folded. People WILL talk during the hand. It isn't right. It is wrong. But it isn't a big deal, because in the end it comes down to whether or not we have the balls to call, the discipline to fold, and the wisdom to determine which is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you are trying to relate the Cincinatti Kid as basis for argument here makes me want to vomit.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:36 PM

If this was caught on tape how many viewers would be pissed at KL? I can't believe people are trying to defend this.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:31 AM

This is horrible. [censored]
Old 09-03-2006, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is horrible. [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! Assault with a dead weapon. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2006, 07:09 PM

You usually strike me as a pretty reasonable person CSC, I have no idea why you can't see just how bad this is.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:23 AM

Default Kathy Liebert\'s unethical and improper table exploits

Kathy Liebert seems to be somewhat cocksure and somewhat disingenuous, qualities which are necessary to an extent in the poker world. However, your situation is not the first where Liebert's table ethics and etiquette have been totally out of line:

1. 3 handed at the final table of a WPT event, a player was faced with a decision whether to call all in with AJo from the BB. Kathy, from SB, folded AJo moments later. The player announced that he had "AJo," to which Kathy asked in a very declaratory fashion "You have AJo?" It was almost as if a school girl was asking a boy she really, really liked "So, can you help me with my math assignment at 5pm in my bedroom?" There is just no need for that. Anyone who is shrewd enough to put a few things together could know that one of his aces is probably gone; a more conservative player may figure that both his A and J are no good too. Given he has a decision that is about worth 200K, Liebert was totally out of line here in every respect.

2. On one of those celebrity circus poker tourneys on GSN, she was playing against Mimi Rogers. As I'm sure you all know, Mimi once wasted those amazing knockers on ex-husband Tom Cruise. Kathy spent the first 10 minutes of the show (maybe longer) discussing how she finds Tom to be attractive and how it must have been amazing to be married to him and so on and so forth. I don't mind a little trash talking, but I found this psychological line to entirely improper, even for a card table, and especially on national TV.

3. What the bitch did right here - with about a 27K pot or so, is ridiculous, for the same reasons as in 1. I think that you should have, without question, called a floor person over, as soon as the hand was over. It's not in your specific interest now, but more so, it's simply in the interest of the game we all respect and love. Seriously - how can you let ANYONE do something like as unconscionable as that; affecting major decisions that can potentially change the balance of an entire table, and in some much smaller degree, a tourney that pays out millions to its first place finisher?

Just an additional comment, so many people in their 20s - 60s do this, and it just makes me sick. No other way to put it. I can't understand how someone - especially a person like Liebert with a college degree and years of experience in the business community - can not make a simple [censored] social/ethical choice as to simply STFU in a hand. It goes to the question of the value of a society where even the simplest of manners are ignored.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Kathy Liebert\'s unethical and improper table exploits

I don't mean to be politically incorrect or whatever, but this is the kind of thing a woman would do. Men will punch you or whatever. Some women are sneaky and underhanded. What she reportedly did was really bad, but there is also partly a sort of cultural difference as in "Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus". What she did goes so much against the male code both in poker and otherwise. For women, this kind of manipulation is more common behavior.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Kathy Liebert\'s unethical and improper table exploits

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to be politically incorrect or whatever, but this is the kind of thing a woman would do. Men will punch you or whatever. Some women are sneaky and underhanded. What she reportedly did was really bad, but there is also partly a sort of cultural difference as in "Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus". What she did goes so much against the male code both in poker and otherwise. For women, this kind of manipulation is more common behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true! Men NEVER angle shoot or break rules at the table. BAN ALL WOMEN FROM POKER!

Betgo, you are a genius.