Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 02:56 PM

Default Re: alcohol vs demeral (bk vs peachy)

can someone lock this thread? it's taking up valuable BBV real estate
Old 04-21-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Peachy, I'm just curious, did you read my post?

I think I've been pretty honest with you in the past. When I think you do something really stupid I tell you, I told you earlier in this thread that I think you've become a MUCH better player. I'm not being sarcastic in anything I've said so far.

I am not questioning whether you're in a phd program or not. If you say you are that's great. However, I only know you via the internet and I just don't have the time to care if everything I read on the internet is true. If you're being honest or lying the outcome on my life will be exactly the same.

Not everyone is attacking you in the way you'd like to imply.

[/ QUOTE ]

evan i know that...and i have talked to u a fair amount in the past, so u have more right to an opinion about me positive or negative far more than others here do. I was just trying to defend my stance. I dont care what gets said about me, but I hate being called a liar. I rarely post anymore, for a number of reasons, and the second I do this stuff starts up again (not saying by you). I was just trying to be more clear to help people understand.

Basically I am through explaining it because no matter what I ever say people will always talk crap or tell me i am full of it. I get erked on the phd thing because it is something many people in my life told me i couldnt do, and i have worked every hard to accomplish this, oh well.

To end this for everyone:

I am a fat dude with no life that works at a McDonalds part time because I can barely get out of my trailer. I suck at poker and i didnt even go to college and I still live at home with my parents. The pictures i have are of a friend of mine, and I am a complusive liar, but mostly for fun.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i said before...i was using words people could understand, and in an earlier post i said i was working on my masters thesis which would be carried over into my phd

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the rundown on psychology department graduate studies. I hope they work out.

Just my 2 cents -- You say that you may have to start over at the whim of your faculty -- that's BS on their part, you should study what you find interesting and what you like (within reason), don't let your advisor push you around too much.

I'll end my part in the non-poker part of this thread. I lied when I said I couldn't care less whether you are what you say. I hope you get your PhD. Good luck.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:03 PM

PRIVATE MESSAGES
Old 04-21-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i said before...i was using words people could understand, and in an earlier post i said i was working on my masters thesis which would be carried over into my phd

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the rundown on psychology department graduate studies. I hope they work out.

Just my 2 cents -- You say that you may have to start over at the whim of your faculty -- that's BS on their part, you should study what you find interesting and what you like (within reason), don't let your advisor push you around too much.

I'll end my part in the non-poker part of this thread. Good luck in your studies.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not because of the faculty. they just review if they student should be allowed to continue thier research (if its valuable, if there are further questions to be answered, if they put in enough work, etc.) I really dont know the whole criteria they judge it by and knew a year ago that I might have to start research on something different all over ago, so I have kind of been mentally ready for that sucky chance. But thanks!
Old 04-21-2006, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, although we should ask mat to just start a "peachy forum" since we all enjoy discussing her so much.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, although we should ask mat to just start a "peachy forum" since we all enjoy discussing her so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe they could take thier conspiracies there and have everyone massively try and research me, that way maybe they wouldnt have to pay more websites to get more information....
Old 04-21-2006, 03:19 PM

i always listen to josh. He gave me a hug the first time i met him, and it takes a mighty impressive man to be willing to hug the pjn.

I really did enjoy the drama however. Maybe we can do it again real soon...

peace

john nickle
Closed Thread