Old 10-29-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: A-Rod opts out of contract *DELETED*

Post deleted by MEbenhoe
Old 10-29-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: A-Rod opts out of contract

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Arte Moreno,
I will give you $10 to sign Bonds and A-Rod and win the WS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would Scioscia have A-Rod bat in front of Bonds or Bonds in front of A-Rod? I don't know which one would be the better bunter.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]
Vlad would bunt imo.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. how can you possibly think the FO would make the mistake of going after santana? absolutely nothing points to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a huge fan of how hands-on Hank Steinbrenner has been over the last two weeks, and how in the background Cashman seems to be. I know this sounds like WFAN overreaction, but I don't get a warm, fuzzy feeling from the direction of the organization.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Like I said, now that Arod has shown that he was unhappy in NY (v understandable and reasonable), given that they have consistently maintained that they were going to make an attempt at resigning him if he opted out and that they did so knowing that in the regular bargaining Boras was going to put them in a huge bind, there is absolutely zero chance he isn't a yankee.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mis-spoke here, but I don't see why it's concluded that Alex Rodriguez was unhappy. There is still the possibility that Boras is using this as a negotiating ploy. Game theory-wise, the Yankees should ALWAYS make the threat they did to never consider re-signing him, but that doesn't mean they should honor it.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Arte Moreno,
I will give you $10 to sign Bonds and A-Rod and win the WS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would Scioscia have A-Rod bat in front of Bonds or Bonds in front of A-Rod? I don't know which one would be the better bunter.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]
Vlad would bunt imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still very excited from the BOS WS win, so I might not be thinking straight, but I cannot think of a manager, other than Scioscia, who could screw up with a lineup of Bonds, Vlad, and A-Rod.

craig
Old 10-29-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Without him, the Yankees are going to struggle to be a wildcard entry into the playoffs for several years. I wonder how the 'A-douche' whiners are going to take that when the Yankees start missing the post-season on a regular basis

[/ QUOTE ]

BIZARRE!!! My guess is the Yankees are the favorites to win the WS in 2008. If not, they'll definitely be one of the top two or three.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. how can you possibly think the FO would make the mistake of going after santana? absolutely nothing points to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a huge fan of how hands-on Hank Steinbrenner has been over the last two weeks, and how in the background Cashman seems to be. I know this sounds like WFAN overreaction, but I don't get a warm, fuzzy feeling from the direction of the organization.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the sports illustrated article that says Girardi will likely get offered the job tomorrow, it says that the Steinbrenners gave Cashman complete control. They wanted Mattingly and but they let Cashman pick Girardi. If this is true it gives me great hope for the future.

Cashman in control = +EV
Old 10-29-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the sports illustrated article that says Girardi will likely get offered the job tomorrow, it says that the Steinbrenners gave Cashman complete control. They wanted Mattingly and but they let Cashman pick Girardi. If this is true it gives me great hope for the future.

Cashman in control = +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

considering how brutal girardi was at managing young pitchers, i'm not sure i approve of this. plus on yankee broadcasts he definitely showed he has a ton of -EV strategies.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:16 AM

I will say I cannot wait to listen to WFAN tomorrow
Old 10-29-2007, 01:18 AM

As a Rangers fan, this makes me happy. Now they have more money with which to overpay some underproducing middle-aged pitcher!
Old 10-29-2007, 01:20 AM

Cashman knows that about Girardi, and if whoever makes this decision is the same person who put the Joba Rules on Torre, (very likely), they will limit him too. Joe is the seniorest of veterans, with 4 rings and 10 years, and if they put rules on him, they will easily put rules on a freshman manager. I also do remember Girardi just saying really stupid things about small ball strategies, but I just think it will be constrained and kept to a minimum.