Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: FTP locks my account for excess transfers, refuse to answer emails

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm willing to bet the Supervisor in question thought Kyleb was going to really be staking players on FTP; rather then staking them to who knows what and where.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do you want to bet? I'll give you 3:1 odds if you bet $10,000, and I'll give you the contact info for the supervisor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why dont you get him to post in this thread confirming your communication and his understanding? I'm not doubting your honesty. I just think there was a misunderstanding which can happen to anyone. If there was no misunderstanding and the supervisor was in fact 100% clear of your intentions then he does deserve to be fired or reprimanded or at the minimum resolve the situation himself...

Btw, is this guy a friend or an acquaintance?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So then that seems pretty f'ed up then. But do you really think they are doing this just to piss you off and not care of the bad publicity it brings them? Or do you think there is a possibility that something shady happened and thats what they are investigating? Logically speaking, it makes no sense for them to F you out of 10k does it? So to me its easy to come to the conclusion that something shady has happened and thats what they are investigating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are taking way too long and that's why I eventually went public (that and because limitninja falsely accused me and I wanted to defend myself). There is no possibility that something shady is going on; I don't know how much more clear I can make this.

Logically speaking it shouldn't take 3 weeks to look into this, but they do. Trust me, I didn't want to make this public, but 3 weeks and refusing to answer emails is absolutely absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it hard to believe that you dont think there is any possibility that someone(not you) who you have done transfers with did something that is causing all these problems. You cannot be 100% sure of anyone other then yourself, no matter how well you know them.

Simply put, I think FTP values their reputation > stealing your 10K. I think its naive of you to believe that everything on your side(and the accounts you have transfered with) are 100% clean without a doubt and the fault lies with FTP.

There is just no way that they decided to mess with you and the accounts associated with you just for the hell of it.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it hard to believe that you dont think there is any possibility that someone(not you) who you have done transfers with did something that is causing all these problems. You cannot be 100% sure of anyone other then yourself, no matter how well you know them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read limitninja's posts - the accounts are locked because of my account specifically. It has everything to do with a large amount of transfers and that's it, unless FTP is outright lying to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Simply put, I think FTP values their reputation > stealing your 10K. I think its naive of you to believe that everything on your side(and the accounts you have transfered with) are 100% clean without a doubt and the fault lies with FTP.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a belief. I know everything is clean; I keep meticulous records and I know exactly who I am dealing with. The "investigation" has everything to do with the people I am staking who are totally clean. It's not naive; I just take extraordinary care about these things.

[ QUOTE ]
There is just no way that they decided to mess with you and the accounts associated with you just for the hell of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not. They locked the accounts because of a large amount of transfers; that's fine. However, it taking 3 weeks to figure out that everything is clean and all documents were submitted is ridiculous.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:54 PM

This isn't a funny situation, but LOL at their investigation going on 3+ weeks. Stars would have had this cleared up in 3 days, tops.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:55 PM

And I'm sorry I just don't buy that the supervisor has tried and its out of his control and you don't blame him if everything is on the up and up as you say. Do you really believe that Full Tilt would tell him to piss off if everything was clean regarding this situation? Only way this happens is if something shady happened.

I know if I was in your situation and got an okay from a supervisor I know personally, that I would be crying foul until he gets it fixed himself. I wouldn't forgive him cause its out of his control.

FTP ignores their own supervisors? I highly doubt it. Logical conclusion as I said before is they are investigating some activity that is shady.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the people I am staking who are totally clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's just no way you can know this.
Moreover, you can't know that one of the people who you assume to be clean ended up staking/transferring with somebody else who did something shady.

The only guy we know of who you have transferred to already falls out of the "100% clean" category via his 3 accounts (FT doesn't like that) and his charge-backs (whether justified or not).

I'm not saying that his actions have anything to do with your locked account.
But it's obvious that your statement that all the players you have worked with are "totally clean" is incorrect.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read limitninja's posts - the accounts are locked because of my account specifically. It has everything to do with a large amount of transfers and that's it, unless FTP is outright lying to me.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a belief. I know everything is clean; I keep meticulous records and I know exactly who I am dealing with. The "investigation" has everything to do with the people I am staking who are totally clean. It's not naive; I just take extraordinary care about these things.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not. They locked the accounts because of a large amount of transfers; that's fine. However, it taking 3 weeks to figure out that everything is clean and all documents were submitted is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really believe they are still looking at all the transfers?? Or looking into something else they have deemed shady? You really think they are just this dumb or lazy to take as much as time as they do for bot investigations over nothing as you say?

And you cannot know 100% that everyone your account is associated with is clean. You just can't. You can only know 100% that you are clean. Only way you could know is if you were those other accounts as in multi accounting, but I know that's not the case here. Even if you have known these guys for 20years, it is still naive to say every account is clean without a doubt.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:15 AM

The point many are making about how Kyle can't know everybody he has p2p'd with is clean is besides the point. The e-mails sent to everyone who had their accounts locked specifically states that the accounts are locked because of transfers from his account which is under investigation. Move on from that point it is totally irrelevant.

Also, I don't understand why everyone finds it so confusing why Kyle and others would want to use a poker site for money transferring instead of an e-wallet. If everyone pays enough rake to cover the fees and a little extra, assuming the players are winners or break-even, everyone saves on fees. Is this really that confusing? Oh and he had permission from a cashier supervisor let's not forget.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you really believe they are still looking at all the transfers?? Or looking into something else they have deemed shady? You really think they are just this dumb or lazy to take as much as time as they do for bot investigations over nothing as you say?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Have you never read one of these FTP threads? This is how it always happens.

Only thing missing is FTPDoug showing up and reassuring everyone FTP has improved their procedures because of this issue and it will never happen again.

Until it happens again, of course.

Bottom line, if you play at FTP you run the risk of having your funds seized by them for no reason whatsoever. They will take weeks to resolve it and their lines of communication will be horrible.

That's just the chance you take.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:26 AM

kyleb,

Just how many people are we talking about whose accounts got locked? I mean are we talking 5 or 25 or even more?
Closed Thread