Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: more bbv retardedness

[ QUOTE ]

StevieG is going to run his script this weekend, so there should be some updated info soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what is it going to prove.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

StevieG is going to run his script this weekend, so there should be some updated info soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what is it going to prove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not going to prove anything. It will give us the number of posters who have been "*"'ed, though. What you guys do with that info (if anything) will be up to you.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:13 PM

sam,

It seems odd to me that your approach here seems almost confrontational towards the other OOT mods. That seems totally unnecessary.

Instead of writing stuff like "What you guys do with that info (if anything) will be up to you," I feel like this process would be more productive if you put forth some ideas about your thoughts on stuff like this or how you might use various info/data to help make OOT better.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:57 PM

I am pretty confused by what is going on in this thread. I have no idea what people think is wrong with oot. I read oot every day and there's nothing wrong with it imo. There's a couple good threads every day.

Honestly, who the hell cares if some other forum is averaging more posts per whatever it is that sniper's threads measure (which are a whole different entity that makes no sense to me). The forum is fine and I think nearly everyone that reads it agrees, so why are we trying to fix it?
Old 04-26-2007, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sam,

It seems odd to me that your approach here seems almost confrontational towards the other OOT mods. That seems totally unnecessary.

Instead of writing stuff like "What you guys do with that info (if anything) will be up to you," I feel like this process would be more productive if you put forth some ideas about your thoughts on stuff like this or how you might use various info/data to help make OOT better.

[/ QUOTE ]

ED - right now, I don't think anybody has any idea of how many people have been *'ed. Maybe somewhere down the line the OOT mods will want to give some people a second chance and remove their *'s. Or maybe they will want to create a thread which publishes the list for additional shame. In any event, this list is just for informational gathering purposes, and could prove useful in some fashion later.

Do moderators from other forums ever change "*" or "**" undertitles presently?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:18 AM

yeah i do it often
Old 04-26-2007, 10:33 AM

Sam,

Non-OOT mods are not allowed to change * or ** undertitles. Whether or not they do anyway is another question, but I know I don't.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:00 AM

oh, OTHER forums
Old 04-26-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sam,

Non-OOT mods are not allowed to change * or ** undertitles. Whether or not they do anyway is another question, but I know I don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is something i have suspected more than once but obv it's nearly impossible to catch someone 'in the act.' i was hoping the new software would be able to log these changes.

usually if another mod asks me to remove a * i will.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:53 AM

I asked because if it was common practice for non-OOT mods to remove "*"'s, gathering the list of users who currently have them would be somewhat pointless.

The only ones I've ever removed were ones that I awarded or when another mod asks as well.