Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Starbucks

Starbucks is Ok with me. The coffee is better than the watery stuff you are given at most places and it's nowhere near 'way more' expensive. In the summer I'm not above getting a cafe vanilla frappucino too. If that makes me gay so be it, because they're damn good.

Question: Not being racist, but have you ever seen a black lady order any other drink than a strawberries n cream frap or a caramel macchiatto?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:11 PM

Most workers are pretty friendly and helpful if you present yourself as a noob
Old 07-31-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't read the thread, hope this hasn't been asked.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've had coffee in my life. I'm pretty sure I don't like it, but I'd like to learn to.

Is it just me or is Starbucks incredibly intimidating to the novice coffee drinker? All those stupid names for the sizes/drinks are pretty scary when you know absolutely nothing about coffee.

Anyway, what should my first order be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't start. Once you get hooked, the $0.036 cup just isn't gonna do it for you.

"tall drip with room" minimizes your initial investment, and allows you to add as much creamer and/or sugar as you want.

---

OP:

I just thought of another question...I'm not sure how many different locations I've been to, maybe 50-75 in the US and Japan, and at only one specific location was I asked, "Mild or Bold?" when I ordered a drip. Is that supposed to be standard?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:15 PM

Can't speak for CB's starbucks, but that was standard at our starbucks if they didn't specify it in their order
Old 07-31-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Blarg,

"I don't think a lot of economically challenged people are going to starbucks for their coffee, hippie or not."

You'd be surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

If so, that would show how flexible the definition of that term can be. When I was economically challenged, it wasn't voluntary and expensive treats were out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

That response sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had typed a response, realized it didn't make sense, and deleted it.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CB, Months ago I read about hot Starbucks breakfast sandwiches but haven't seen them firsthand. Opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I'm extrapolating/guessing/possibly lying, etc.

Usually this sort of thing occurs in a test-market first, and if it is successful, is then rolled out to the rest of the country. I've heard it is happening, don't know where it is being tested (if at all). Only certain stores are considered "Warming" stores, meaning, they have an oven or some other function to warm/toast pastries and sandwiches.

I also believe that you have to have a different permit from the city in order to have an oven than most Starbucks typically have. Whether or not that is gumming up the works, I don't know.

I'm going with it's being tested somewhere, and will probably catch on enough to roll out eventually.

I'd be all for it. I open a lot, and by the time my lunch break rolls around, most places aren't open for lunch yet. I don't want to buy my own pastries for breakfast, I typically want something hot. Of course, I'd probably get sick of them eventually, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

These have been around in at least 3 Starbucks in the Portland area that I know of. They're actually pretty good, and unlike Starbucks lunches, not really that overpriced.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen the breakfast sandwiches in both NY and NJ. I'm typically a Dunkin Donuts coffee drinker (with the occasional Starbucks), but it is now closer to 50/50 because I'm such a huge fan of the new breakfast menu.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blarg,

Obviously if someone doesn't have $4, they can't purchase a $4 coffee drink. I don't think that's worth mentioning.

However, people who can in no reasonable way come anywhere close to being able to afford Starbucks purchase it way more often than you probably imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't count someone who can spend $4.00 on coffee as economically challenged. If he can spend $4.00 on coffee but can't afford to sleep indoors, he's not poor, he's a bum. I think being a bum and being poor are very, very different things and should never be confused or thought of as having much to do with each other at all, but YMMV.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CB, Months ago I read about hot Starbucks breakfast sandwiches but haven't seen them firsthand. Opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I'm extrapolating/guessing/possibly lying, etc.

Usually this sort of thing occurs in a test-market first, and if it is successful, is then rolled out to the rest of the country. I've heard it is happening, don't know where it is being tested (if at all). Only certain stores are considered "Warming" stores, meaning, they have an oven or some other function to warm/toast pastries and sandwiches.

I also believe that you have to have a different permit from the city in order to have an oven than most Starbucks typically have. Whether or not that is gumming up the works, I don't know.

I'm going with it's being tested somewhere, and will probably catch on enough to roll out eventually.

I'd be all for it. I open a lot, and by the time my lunch break rolls around, most places aren't open for lunch yet. I don't want to buy my own pastries for breakfast, I typically want something hot. Of course, I'd probably get sick of them eventually, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

These have been around in at least 3 Starbucks in the Portland area that I know of. They're actually pretty good, and unlike Starbucks lunches, not really that overpriced.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen the breakfast sandwiches in both NY and NJ. I'm typically a Dunkin Donuts coffee drinker (with the occasional Starbucks), but it is now closer to 50/50 because I'm such a huge fan of the new breakfast menu.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm - apparently they are in LA also, this is a positive review of the sandwich... I'll try it out when I get a Sulawesi blend - thanks for the rec CB.

-Al
Old 07-31-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't speak for CB's starbucks, but that was standard at our starbucks if they didn't specify it in their order

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm...the overwhelming majority of places I've been to just grabbed a cup and filled it. Slackers. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2007, 08:30 PM

how much do they match on 401k if you work 20hrs or less week.

What do I need to drink to get the most caffeine per ounce ratio. I am seeking to experience a meth like high solely from coffee. Is this remotely possible?