Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Lakers and Bulls discussing Kobe trade daily

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ chicago homers

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing I'm looking forward to if this trade happens is seeing Bulls fans backpedal on the "untouchable" players who get traded and why they suddenly aren't as important anymore.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ chicago homers

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing I'm looking forward to if this trade happens is seeing Bulls fans backpedal on the "untouchable" players who get traded and why they suddenly aren't as important anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm now hoping the Bulls don't get Kobe, because frankly their fans don't deserve him. They have a ton of young talent, and I LOVE Deng, but this current incarnation of the Bulls don't have enough scoring to win a championship. And there is no way whatsoever that they will be able to keep all these guys, which makes it retarded to hold on to them all.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm now hoping the Bulls don't get Kobe, because frankly their fans don't deserve him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such a retarded thing to say. ALL FANS IN EVERY CITY ARE GOING TO OVERVALUE HOMEGROWN TALENT. I hate when people try to act high and mighty like this doesn't happen in their city or to fans of their favorite team.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

However, you're overrating nearly every other Bulls player. Moreover, you're ignoring the fact that its best to have a wider age range. While their youth is good for trade purposes, its not good for winning purposes. All of these guys are eventually going to want to get paid. Some like Gordon are going to want to be overpaid.

You have a chance to get one of the top 3 players in the league. He fits your needs perfectly because he can create his own shot. And he doesn't hurt you on D at all(he actually makes your awesome defensive team even better).

Unless you make a move for a guy like Kobe, you're going to continually be in this good but not great stage. You'll be forced to lose some players(Artest, Brand, Chandler, Curry) anyway, so you might as well just get trade value for them and make a legit run at a title for 5+ years.

102,766 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to agree 100% with this. Clearly we cannot pay everybody, and no way in hell am I giving Gordon 60m+. So I thought when we signed Wallace and then a large expiring contract (P.J. Brown), Pax was gonna go get KG. Somehow that didn't happen and here we are.

Now I don't doubt Kobe's skills, but his drama queen bs really drags down team morale. That is the antithesis of what we're trying to do here. If Kobe dominated the ball Skiles would not be able to handle it. Trust me, Skiles is hardcore. I think we'd need to bring Phil along in the trade, which I'd be all for actually. Additionally, Kobe would also have the Jordan issue to deal with. No one in this town will ever allow Kobe to reach MJ. I hope Kobe realizes this.

The KG deal just seemed much cleaner. KG, Wallace and Deng up front would have been money in the paint. Nothing we can do about that now. I still have interest in Gasol, Brand, and Marion so hopefully Pax can get something done.

[/ QUOTE ]

KG would've fit in well, but I like Bryant better for the Bulls becuase hes a better scorer and offensive player(KG is a better defender). The Bulls need a guy that you can give the ball to and trust that he can score. They need a guy who can carry them when everyone else is missing their jumpshots(because thats all they are right now- jumpshooting team).

Marion and Gasol can score, but they aren't phenomenal one-on-one players either.

Plus trading for Kobe lets you get rid of Gordon(or put him in a 6th man role which is more ideal for him), which greatly improves your defense. Ty Thomas is already a good defender, so the upgrade to KG wouldn't be as pronounced.

If they could trade Nocioni, Heinrich, Noah, and a draft pick for Kobe and Derek Fisher that'd be a great trade for them imo.

PG Fisher
SG Kobe
SF Deng
PF Thomas
C Wallace
6th man: Gordon
Bench: Thabo, Duhon, Smith

Thats a sick team on both sides of the ball. They have the ability to mix and match their lineup and really play any style and dominate any aspect of the game. Only possible concern would be big man depth, but is Chris Webber still avilable?

102,749 and counting
Old 11-01-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ty Thomas is already a good defender

[/ QUOTE ]

In bizarro world maybe. I love TT, but he's still learning focus and really is at best an inconsistent defender at this stage in his career. I'm sure he'll get better given his age and inexperience, but he's not a good defender by any stretch.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If they could trade Nocioni, Heinrich, Noah, and a draft pick for Kobe and Derek Fisher that'd be a great trade for them imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure all the owners would revolt and the NBA would cease to exist.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ty Thomas is already a good defender

[/ QUOTE ]

In bizarro world maybe. I love TT, but he's still learning focus and really is at best an inconsistent defender at this stage in his career. I'm sure he'll get better given his age and inexperience, but he's not a good defender by any stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think hes a better defender than Luis Scola?

102,744 and counting
Old 11-01-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the reason why most teams are losers. The fans are stupid and then you end up like the Knicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? THIS is why so many teams are losers? Because the fans are stupid?

Regarding Thabo, I think he has the potential to be the next Juan Dixon for sure(lol because nobody will know how to interpret that coming from me).

102,851 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]
Assani,
This could be your best post ever imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

102,851 is your favorite number too??!!

102,799 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm personally fond of 101,110

have a bet with a friend on whether or not it will appear in one of your posts(with the "and counting" obv)
Old 11-01-2007, 03:11 AM

Sorry Assani, but no way I ever take Kobe over KG on the Bulls. A big man is so much more valuable to this team and I'm not sure why you disagree. We have plenty of ouside shooters and just need a post player. TT is a project and not ready to be the starting 4 on a championship team. I'm honesly amazed that you guys like Kobe more [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. His scoring is nice, but doesn't come close to the intangibles a dominant big man would give us. I still think Gasol, Brand and Marion are considerably better options as well. I'd experiment with some bigger lineups also if we could land one of these big men.

Thabo/Duhon
Deng/Gardner
TT/Noc/Griff/Khryapa
KG/Smith
Wallace/Gray

Assuming we could have gotten KG for Hinrich, Gordon, P.J., draft pick (Noah). I would of added Noc, Duhon or future pick if I had to...
Old 11-01-2007, 03:33 AM

Getting KG > Kobe, the D would be the best in the NBA and they'd still have a legit inside-outside low post threat.