Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: ** Lounge Poker Talk **

Since you guys had a good thread on procrastination, any ideas on how to beat procrastination in poker?

I'm currently back to playing 28 hours in 'working' weeks but i want to get this up to 40 hours again.

working so far: forcing myself to just start a session. splitting my day into 3 sessions. traveling once a month for 5 - 9 days so i can see some benefit of the extra effort/stakes/focus. a goal.

but there are still days in which i suddenly don't care or not if i make the goal, or i'm close to hitting it so i'll lose interesting. or i'll force myself to play but then wont be playing well as it's forced then quit. and losing a day per week means it's impossible for me to hit the hours.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all, if I can get through this week without breaking my computer or busting, I will be working on my Pooh-Bah dissertation. Will definitely post a link here for fun reading. Since I play all HUSNGs now, and I haven't posted on any other strat forums for a while, I am posting it there probably next week, but what I am thinking about should relate to all forms. I promise a real doozy.

[/ QUOTE ]

good stuff looking forward to it.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:08 PM

Do you play HU tarheel?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:20 PM

a little, though tbh i haven't been playing much of anything at all recently. i'm on a mac these days and haven't put any $ into full tilt.

but i would love to take a peek if that's what you're getting at. . .
Old 10-28-2007, 06:02 PM

At first, I thought that my Pooh-Bah post was going to be more general. It ends up being about Heads up no limit sit and go tournaments specifically. I guess that many of the concepts are able to be used for other games. Early reviews are liking it. But those are from losing small stake players. I am interested in what the good players are going to say. The anticipation is NOT killing me, actually.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...303&page=0
Old 11-06-2007, 01:08 AM

So tonight I split/won our home donkament again. This time there were 13 of us, including some "big shot" who was a friend of the host and others who came over from LA. They were fawning all over him and asked him where he played in LA. Oh the Bike, Commerce, Hollywood Park, you know, everywhere.

It wasn't that I had a problem with him initially, it's that he let this persona of Mr. Poker Big Shot go to his head and he was spouting things like how stupid it is to read books on poker (with the most retarded logic ever, something like "well when you've been sucked out on for the 18th straight time you just realize that those books are a bunch of crap"...LOL WTF?). He would make this huge scene about counting all his outs and letting everyone know after every hand he lost/folded why he called or folded. He did play aggressive though and took down a lot of pots that way, but he also got his hand caught in the cookie jar a bit and had wild swings.

Most annoyingly, he wouldn't show his hand to give out information at showdown even when he should have been, instead relying on the donk/friendliness of everyone else to expose theirs and then only turned his over if it was a winner. Although it was a friendly game, I started to call him on this because I needed that info and he was annoying me, and he acted all indignant.

On the hand I busted him, a guy in front of me pushed with K-Jo, I pushed with two queens, and by this time he was shortstacked with only 2BB, one of which was already in the pot, so he called. We both flipped but he wouldn't of course. Why should he, he's Poker Jesus? I stopped the hand and told him to turn over his cards. After a mini-scene he flipped over something terrible like 34o but I can see why he played them in that situation. So annoying.

Just a few hands before this, a guy pushed, another guy pushed with AJo into my kings (only two pair above 3s I got all night were these and the hand above), which I shoved. He acted like the cameras were rolling while he deliberated for five minutes about what to do. He FINALLY folded the hand and carried on about how "it better not come diamonds". Seriously, you're going to call behind three sizable all-ins with just suited cards? I took down the hand and he was muttering something about two pair. I called BS, he said "well OK, I had two pair, but not THAT hand". Generally a douche but that was pretty funny. He copped to having Q-7 of diamonds, which I can only hope he's joking after all the coffeehousing.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:50 AM

I had no idea that this thread even existed. I haven't played in a long while though (by my standards). Just wanted to drop in and say that I hope loungers are making lots of monies.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had no idea that this thread even existed. I haven't played in a long while though (by my standards). Just wanted to drop in and say that I hope loungers are making lots of monies.

[/ QUOTE ]

doing pretty good, actually...on six months of playing poker to pay the bills (with the occasional film/tv gig) and it's going well...

But boy do I love rakeback...
Old 11-06-2007, 05:42 AM

but it was sooooooted
Old 11-06-2007, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

doing pretty good, actually...on six months of playing poker to pay the bills (with the occasional film/tv gig) and it's going well...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dom, Are you mainly playing live or online?