Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Unconfirmed rumor regarding Chexx Inc

Ty again smartass, you still didn't address my question, [ QUOTE ]
My question was did anyone ever find out if Chexx, Inc. was indeed halting their business with internet gambling providers or was it just a vicous rumor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't ask:

- how to cash a check

- if my checks in hand would be good

- when banks are open

I asked if anyone found out if, going forward, in the future if Chexx was halting their business with internet gambling providers.

that's fine if you don't know, but don't sit here and give advice that is irrelevant to the intial question.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:52 PM

The rumor is that after Feb. 2nd, checks will not be processed. We are currently 13 hours past that point. You have a check, go cash it and see. DONK.

By law, a bank can take up to 30 days to see if a check clears, so even if this rumor is true, I don't think anyone is going to know after 4 business hours.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rumor is that after Feb. 2nd, checks will not be processed. We are currently 13 hours past that point. You have a check, go cash it and see. DONK.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, the rumor was that Chexx would no longer process (cut) checks for internet gambling outfits after Feb 2 but that all checks in hand cut prior to Feb 2 but cashed after Feb 2 would be good.

The rumor had nothing to do with whether or not a bank would honor said check.

Ty for playing.

Maybe try reading the thread next time before rushing to write some long post that serves no other purpose than to insult the intelligence of posters, most of whom are just scared and confused.

But at least they know how to cash a check now. Can you write a post on tying your shoes next time? I'm sure we're all too [censored] stupid to figure that out too.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By law, a bank can take up to 30 days to see if a check clears, so even if this rumor is true, I don't think anyone is going to know after 4 business hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

The question is not whether you can cash a check, its if their are still processing companies to issue checks for Stars/FTP. Stars claims to have two additional companies willing to issue checks for them. Lets see what happens next week. My theory on the Chexx pullout was Stars has hardly used them in the last 3 years, then in the last two weeks, they have Chexx issue thousands of checks. Chexx management then re-evaulated their relationship with Stars under the new UIGEA environment and Chexx did not want to take the risk as Stars is a very small portion of their business. I expect Stars other check processors to most likely go through the same thought process.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:03 PM

oh, and we're about 35 hours past Feb 2 now. Should I write a post on how to add? I'll even take the time zone into consideration for you.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, the rumor was that Chexx would no longer process checks for internet gambling outfits after Feb 2 but that all checks in hand cut prior to Feb 2 but cashed after Feb 2 would be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so your question is even stupider. How can someone have a check cut after Feb 2, at 1pm Feb 3rd???

I would assume checks are done Monday - Friday, meaning the first check that could possibly be effected won't even be created yet until Monday, about 36 hours away. And then even if a courier is used to deliver, those checks will not be in anyones hands, until Tuesday.

Will the sun rise on Wednesday? Does anyone know???
Old 02-04-2007, 02:06 PM

No just try to figure out how someone would have a check created 35 hours after the deadline on a Saturday to even try to cash.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no, the rumor was that Chexx would no longer process checks for internet gambling outfits after Feb 2 but that all checks in hand cut prior (that means Feb 2 or sooner!!!!!!!!) to Feb 2 but cashed after Feb 2 would be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so your question is even stupider. How can someone have a check cut after Feb 2, at 1pm Feb 3rd???

I would assume checks are done Monday - Friday, meaning the first check that could possibly be effected won't even be created yet until Monday, about 36 hours away. And then even if a courier is used to deliver, those checks will not be in anyones hands, until Tuesday.

Will the sun rise on Wednesday? Does anyone know???

[/ QUOTE ]

nice, so you don't know the answer to the original question and ridicule me for asking it AND you won't even acknowledge that you were wrong in your interpretation of the OP AND you miscontrue what I wrote above in a feeble attempt to make me look like an idiot.

Congrats, you are the second poster I have on ignore. I'm not being trolled by you further.

stupider not a word BTW
Old 02-04-2007, 02:17 PM

Who won the Superbowl? Does anyone know? It will start in 5 hours. What was the final score?
Old 02-04-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who won the Superbowl? Does anyone know? It will start in 5 hours. What was the final score?

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys BOTH look like huge tools. Now shut up and stop hijacking this thread.