Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you regularly go to the driving range alone?
Yes 152 62.81%
No 54 22.31%
I don't play golf / This thread sucks / Show me the results 36 14.88%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 14 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
Instead of "Paulo lies" her last words should have been something about how she isn't dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

When Nikki repeated what she said near the end, did anyone catch it? It most certainly did not sound like "Paolo lies."
Old 03-29-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Charlie,

wtf man you're the king of dropping pseudo spoilers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, we get it, we know you work in Hollywood. You do this every chance you get it seems like. Put stuff in white like the rest of us if it's a spoiler please.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see how they can be dead. It makes no sense.

Plus, little things like Locke saying the "nothing stays buried" and the guy in the beginning saying they can write Nikki "back in next season" makes me think this can't be a completely worthless, throwaway episode. Please don't be worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you're right...too many "easter eggs" in the script for them to mean nothing.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Plus, little things like Locke saying the "nothing stays buried" and the guy in the beginning saying they can write Nikki "back in next season" makes me think this can't be a completely worthless, throwaway episode. Please don't be worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you're right...too many "easter eggs" in the script for them to mean nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, or maybe they want to keep people guessing over a simple "kill off the crappy characters everyone hates" episode.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wait....maybe I missed something, but where exactly did Nikki get those spiders from? They clearly lost their luggage, and even if she found her luggage would she really bother keeping them the entire time?

Also how stupid would Nikki have to be to stay there and let the spiders bite her as well? Would she really have never thought that might happen and prepared for it?

I know one poster mentioned the smoke monster noise during the reappearance of the spiders. I'll watch it again later, but can anyone confirm this? If so, do we think it was the monster that bit Nikki?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. she took ONE spider from Art's collection, not several.
2. When Paolo smashed the spider after it bit him, it released the pheromones that attracted the male spiders to the location, and one bit Nikki.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:33 AM

Couple thoughts.

- Loved the episode, reminded me of a Hitchcock/Twilight Zone kind of thing. I've never seen Tales from the Crypt but it sounds like that's a good comparison too.

- I think given the fact that we've learned Paulo had a walkie-talkie, I doubt we've seen the last of them. Probably through a flashback or something. But I remember reading the producers say they had been introduced for a specific purpose, and I doubt that was fulfilled in this ep.

- The scene with Juliette and Ben was interesting. I thought the writing was a little too straightforward exposition though. Seemed like some of Ben's lines were too cheesy. I had forgotten though about Michael and the computer, and since we now know they were monitoring all of the hatches, it would have been easy for them to send him a message. The timing of the scene though does appear to be after Michael has been captured I think.

- I heard the smoke monster noise for sure at the end - thought we were going to see it before Nikki "died". Not sure what that was about, not like they accidentally put the noise in there.

Finally, probably a dumb question, but the various scenes from season 1 that they were suddenly in were certainly edited, right? There was one scene that looked a little CGI'ish, but otherwise it at least made me think for a second that perhaps they were in the first episodes in the background and I never noticed.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Charlie,

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, we get it, we know you work in Hollywood. You do this every chance you get it seems like. Put stuff in white like the rest of us if it's a spoiler please.

[/ QUOTE ]

no its actually me just stating the OBVIOUS. they were buried in a hole in the ground about 2-3 feet deep and the dirt was about 3 feet high above the ground-baring something happening in the next episode or two...which starts right where this episode ended-THEY ARE DEAD.

But they can come back just like Boone will come back every season. The writers get off on [censored] with our heads...everyone complained about.."what about all the other people in the background" why can't we ever see them.
They pick two people to show...everyone says "oh god what are u doing, we want to see Locke and Jack not these two retards" They wrote themselves into a corner...much like they did with Boone. It was never planed at the start that Boone would die in season 1. The writers through there own fault/doing created a weak character and realized the best way to get some use out of them would be to kill them off.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, or maybe they want to keep people guessing over a simple "kill off the crappy characters everyone hates" episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were never given a chance, though. Never involved in anything, never had a backstory, etc. Being killed off means that they were alive in the first place. Compare it to how Juliet was introduced. Maybe if everyone hates her they'll kill her off, but she's already contributed to the plot.

You don't make sure to write one bad line per episode from an unknown character for no reason whatsoever. If there's a knife on the table it has a purpose. The purpose of these characters hasn't been made clear yet.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They were never given a chance, though. Never involved in anything, never had a backstory, etc. Being killed off means that they were alive in the first place. Compare it to how Juliet was introduced. Maybe if everyone hates her they'll kill her off, but she's already contributed to the plot.

You don't make sure to write one bad line per episode from an unknown character for no reason whatsoever. If there's a knife on the table it has a purpose. The purpose of these characters hasn't been made clear yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This show allows one to do whatever one wants. The character of Scott who was killed by Ethan could have a huge purpose that we don't know of..maybe the writers don't even know it but will decide to create it 2 seasons from now.

The unique thing about the show is one could almost create a second show called LOST 2..and just focus on 5-10 of the other 48 survivors.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Charlie,

[/ QUOTE ]

out of curiosity what is a pseudo spoiler?